[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 7 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

Yesterday went well for me. I was lucky enough to be heavily invested in the games I got right, and not so much in the ones I got wrong. Up big for the weekend thanks to NE, Buf, and the Saints covering the backside of that teaser. Taking a cash out this morning, and consider myself lucky to be ahead for the season so far.

Not in love with either team tonight, may make a small play for my amusement after I look at it a liitle closer.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies to those guys playing PIT. I never expected the leading rushing team in the NFL to take the ball out of its RBs hands when playing what is either the worst or second worst run D in the NFL. You can crunch all the numbers you want, but there is no way to anticipate coaching idiocy.

I hit my KC, NE, WASH teaser and hit the 49ers over 14.5(verylucky safety and a garbage td) Lost the pathetic Rams over 14.5..Lost the Jets and put in a late prop that lost Denver/Pitt combined over 3.5 fgs. Ended up down small for the week with some hits on baseball

I'm counting on a close game tonight. Playing teaser Indy+3 / Under 52. And a straight bet on Jax +4.

I did have a nice day yesterday, also went 3-0 fantasy wise so very pleased.

The PIT game was disappointing, but it happens.

Tonight think Jax +3.5, haven't made a play yet though. I think I read something like 70% of the public is on IND thus far...

Any thoughts guys?

I did have a nice day yesterday, also went 3-0 fantasy wise so very pleased.

The PIT game was disappointing, but it happens.

Tonight think Jax +3.5, haven't made a play yet though. I think I read something like 70% of the public is on IND thus far...

Any thoughts guys?

Leaning that way....I just hate to bet against Peyton.

Bye Weeks:

#2: If a team is a Road Fav and coming off a bye, they are 18-9 ATS (67%).

So far this year we've gone 2-1. This week we have Pit -3.5 at Den and Ind -3 at Jac. One thing to look at is individual team history. I took Phi last week and not Cin (those were the 2 teams who fit the system) as Reid had the Eagles go 5-1 ATS since 02, whereas Marvin Lewis had the Bengals go 0-3 since 2004. Pit has gone 2-3 off a bye since 2002, but that was under Cowher, not Tomlin. Since 2002 under Cowher, the Steelers went 40-37 ATS. Under Tomlin this year they have gone 4-1. So we can't put too much stock on the team history here. As for the Colts, they have gone 2-3 also since 2002. So nothing too strong there. But note, the Over has gone 5-0 in those games for the Colts. Remember, this trend is averaging 2-1, so it won't win all of the time. But it is interesting that these teams are going 67% ATS whereas RF not off a bye have been going 48% over that same span.

Dre, I'd be curious about something with regard to the IND Overs; how many of those games were at home? IND seems to be a much different team on the road with regard to scoring.

Pats will not cover this week...

Sure about that RWC? I don't think the line was Pats -46.

For those gamblers out there, it's noteworthy that the Pats STILL have beat the spread every week this year.

And to think I had thought about trying to ride them every week, only to go for Green Bay when it hosted Chicago instead. :D

Edited by Crazysight