[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Odds to Win the BCS NC

Rockerbraves

Still early, but here are some odds I found on the Bodog site on teams winning the BCS NC. Please note USC is the 4th best bet to win it all.

Ohio State 2-1

LSU 3-1

Oklahoma 4-1

USC 6-1

South Florida 8-1

Boston College 10-1

Oregon 10-1

South Carolina 12-1

West Virginia 12-1

Arizona St 15-1

Kentucky 15-1

http://www.bodoglife.com/sports-betting/football-futures.jsp

I can't stand Ohio State or any of the Big Ten for that matter, but you have some serious issues. Seriously, let it go little man, let it go.

let what go? just making a point- OSU at 2-1 to win the NC is a terrible wager. have nothing against the Big 10 and have stated many times that in the past it has been a strong conference, but it just is not the case anymore- and I would like to see a good NC game- and I don't think that would happen if OSU somehow sneaks in- which is what it would be with the schedule they have.

I love college football- not sitting here saying something outrageous at all.

USF is a more-deserving #1 than OSU- they have more quality wins, and a better resume.

let what go? just making a point- OSU at 2-1 to win the NC is a terrible wager. have nothing against the Big 10 and have stated many times that in the past it has been a strong conference, but it just is not the case anymore- and I would like to see a good NC game- and I don't think that would happen if OSU somehow sneaks in- which is what it would be with the schedule they have.

I love college football- not sitting here saying something outrageous at all.

USF is a more-deserving #1 than OSU- they have more quality wins, and a better resume.

Dude, that is a great bet. First off half of winning the NC is getting there. Who's got an easier track than OSU? Obviously strength of schedule can't hurt that badly because theirs is horrible and they've already managed #1 in the current BCS.

We have no reason to believe that OSU is not a good team. They've dominated everyone they've played. Perhaps USF beats them, who knows, but they still have to get there. OSU needs to play a few more marginal teams and a Michigan team that they've owned for a while now and they're right there waiting.

You need to save your OSU hate for arguments about who deserves to be #1, not for who's got the best chance of winning it all.

Dude, that is a great bet. First off half of winning the NC is getting there. Who's got an easier track than OSU? Obviously strength of schedule can't hurt that badly because theirs is horrible and they've already managed #1 in the current BCS.

We have no reason to believe that OSU is not a good team. They've dominated everyone they've played. Perhaps USF beats them, who knows, but they still have to get there. OSU needs to play a few more marginal teams and a Michigan team that they've owned for a while now and they're right there waiting.

You need to save your OSU hate for arguments about who deserves to be #1, not for who's got the best chance of winning it all.

you make a good point - I still think OSU stumbles whether it be PSU/ILL/MIch- I think OKL has the next easiest road- and I would bet on them at 4-1 since they would be a 7+ point favorite or so over OSU.

again- no hate for OSU- I call it like I see it- and until they play someone we will never know.

you make a good point - I still think OSU stumbles whether it be PSU/ILL/MIch- I think OKL has the next easiest road- and I would bet on them at 4-1 since they would be a 7+ point favorite or so over OSU.

again- no hate for OSU- I call it like I see it- and until they play someone we will never know.

You're usually wrong, but I don't see OSU running the table, and it's BECAUSE the Big Ten isn't as soft as everyone thinks. You'll see. They may very well be down, but they are not soft, I predict they surprise people by seasons end.

Very interesting to see USC at 4th - someone must know something we don't. Maybe they really liked M*A*S*H. And although Cal beat OR in OR, Cal is not on this short list. Strange, unless people are discounting a lot for the loss of Longshore - but if that's just temporary, I think they're underrated....

Also interesting to note that USC clearly refers to the Univ. of Southern California, as 'South Carolina' is listed separately, further down the list......

You're usually wrong, but I don't see OSU running the table, and it's BECAUSE the Big Ten isn't as soft as everyone thinks. You'll see. They may very well be down, but they are not soft, I predict they surprise people by seasons end.

gotta be lonely fighting for the Big 10 this year- no one else with an ounce of common sense or football knowledge. If OSU drops a game- it will be b/c they aren't that good- not bc the Big 10 is tough.

Not sure why you think I have so much hate for the Big 10- I don't. I go at it much more with Private D!pSega! and his backwater Big 12- but after watching OU- they are legit- and I have no problem saying so. OSU? we may never know until they get rolled by LSU/OKL.

To me- this year is shaping up like the perfek +1 scenario- where we could have a 3 teams with similar resumes that will all deserve a shot

OKL

LSU

OREGON

Very interesting to see USC at 4th - someone must know something we don't. Maybe they really liked M*A*S*H. And although Cal beat OR in OR, Cal is not on this short list. Strange, unless people are discounting a lot for the loss of Longshore - but if that's just temporary, I think they're underrated....

Also interesting to note that USC clearly refers to the Univ. of Southern California, as 'South Carolina' is listed separately, further down the list......

Coffeeman, keep in mind these are odds to WIN the BCS NC not odds to get there. Much like in the NFL where both the Patriots and Colts from the same AFC are better bets to win the Superbowl than any team from the NFC. Now if you look at the odds to get to the Superbowl then the Colts are not the 2nd best bet. In other words I don't think the Trojans are the 4th best bet to make it to New Orleans. However if the Trojans do get an invite to New Orleans. one would think they would have a pretty decent chance to win it, considering they would have earned their way there by winning some pretty impressive road games.

Here's something I found interesting in USA Today. Since the Bowl Championship Series began in the 1998 season, 17 of the 18 teams that reached the title game stood no lower than No. 6 in the initial standings of their respective seasons.

Only LSU, 12th in 2003, was outside the top six and still made the BCS title game, in fact, BEATING the overly matched Sooners from Oklahoma in New Orleans. :D

Just cause ITT Tech can kick the sh*t out of A@M doesnt mean OU will lose to them. But that is the biggest test remaining, in Lubbock this yr.

After what tulsa and the sips did to your secondary you better score every time down the field. Actually, they probably can. I am calling it 49-45 techsters.

gotta be lonely fighting for the Big 10 this year- no one else with an ounce of common sense or football knowledge. If OSU drops a game- it will be b/c they aren't that good- not bc the Big 10 is tough.

Not sure why you think I have so much hate for the Big 10- I don't. I go at it much more with Private D!pSega! and his backwater Big 12- but after watching OU- they are legit- and I have no problem saying so. OSU? we may never know until they get rolled by LSU/OKL.

To me- this year is shaping up like the perfek +1 scenario- where we could have a 3 teams with similar resumes that will all deserve a shot

OKL

LSU

OREGON

If you archive back to 2002, people were saying the same thing on this very message board then, and all Ohio State did that year was win the national championship and people saying the same thing about the Big Ten. Not saying that will happen this year, but there is a certain sense of de ja vu to all of this.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

If you archive back to 2002, people were saying the same thing on this very message board then, and all Ohio State did that year was win the national championship and people saying the same thing about the Big Ten. Not saying that will happen this year, but there is a certain sense of de ja vu to all of this.

Ooooh, the championship game where OSU got the phantom pass interference call in the endzone against Miami, that extended the game when it should have been over?