[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chambers to SD

LooGie

I dont think Chambers is better than Jackson or Floyd.

As overrated as Chambers has been, he has some very impressive stints number wise, without a noteworthy QB that I can remember. Jackson and especially Floyd haven't proven to be much than borderline NFL players.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Chambers is the probably the second option in the pass game behind Gates. Does he get more or less balls in SD as compared to what he was doing in MIA?

Rotoworlds interpretation is that his value goes down:

FoxSports.com reports Chris Chambers has been traded to the Chargers for a 2008 second-round pick.

Miami did well to get a high pick considering Chambers' 2008 salary. Chambers is a decent fantasy threat, but his hands and effort have never matched his reputation. We see his fantasy value going down slightly to a fantasy WR3 in San Diego. He knows the system (through Cam Cameron), but he's basically now a co-number two receiver with Vincent Jackson behind Antonio Gates. He'll see fewer targets. Ted Ginn figures to benefit the most in Miami.

Good for the Chargers, bad for Chambers owners. He'll see fewer targets. He might get a TD or three more than he would have, but targets, receptions, and yards all take a hit...

:D At least someone is paying attention!

As overrated as Chambers has been, he has some very impressive stints number wise, without a noteworthy QB that I can remember. Jackson and especially Floyd haven't proven to be much than borderline NFL players.

+1

Jackson and Floyd can't hold Chambers' jock. Great pickup by the Chargers.

Boy, Trent has to be massively pissed right now. Is Ted Ginn Jr. supposed to be his #1 target now? :D

I think that the Dolphins have just eclipsed the Raiders, Browns, and Texans as "Worst-Run Organization."

With Parker's return now pushed back due to his toe injury and all the WR's in SD having a tough time getting open, I'm not surprised SD aquired him. Maybe a change of scenery will be good for him.

I'm not happy we had to give up a second round pick though.

Very supprising. I dont think Chambers is better than Jackson or Floyd. I dont know what the motivation is in this trade.

Believe me, as a fan who watches every minute of every Charger game, Chambers is a definite upgrade. Jackson has decent raw skills (size and speed), but doesn't run the best routes, doesn't create a lot of separation from defenders, and prefers to catch with his body than reach out with his hands. I had higher expectations for Floyd since he catches the ball well and has size, but like Jackson, he doesn't get open all that often. The best thing that could be said about the Chargers WRs is that they know how to block.

I haven't seen Chambers play alot, but he's had some big games and will go after the ball.

Guess Miami at 0-6 decided, F@ck it, time to sell off what we can and start over....

Well, as a Ronnie Brown owner, I wish they'd sell him off as well. Now that's just one less guy that Ds have to care about. Mind you, I can't imagine Ds can spend anymore effort on him than they already are but still...

Chambers will have fewer receptions, but guaranteed his ypc and TDs (they have to) go up. he'll make some plays down the field with us. Rivers isn't shy to let Jackson go up and get it....he'll give Chambers the same opportunity. Maybe he can be close for Rivers to what Plaxico is for the other Manning.

a 2nd is a little steep but i never understood why teams in the NFL are so reluctant to move even mid-round picks for players that will definitely help them.

I think that the Dolphins have just eclipsed the Raiders, Browns, and Texans as "Worst-Run Organization."

Cool ! So we have that going for us. :D

Chambers has been the 4th most targeted player in the league so far this year, and in typical Chambers fashion, he has found a way to catch less than 50% of his targets. You can point to the Dolphins offensive woes all you want but Chambers has SUCKED in terms of converting targets year in, year out. The QBs have changed, but he's been a constant.

Of the top 50 most targeted receivers in football since 2002, guess where Chambers ranks in receptions per target?

LAST.

The rebuilding has definitely begun - a 2nd rounder is a good start for Mr Dropsies.

Chris Chambers and his take on these boards provides a good example of cloistered opinion: this board is well known for its thus far unfounded man love for DeAngelo Williams, which is something I am still trying to figure out, last weekend not withstanding.

Chris Chambers is in the opposite boat: very few here like him and the best they can do is "dropsies" when in fact, TO drops more passes and gets more passes from people on this board than Chris Chambers does. If criticism here was in any way consistent there'd be far more people taking shots at TO for his dropping, last weekend's criticism of his LATEST drop notwithstanding, than Chambers because he drops more than Chambers.

In short, if you're a Chambers owner you should keep him. He's been in WR purgatory for far too long and was providing the only legit threat in Miami for years. YES - I've seen him drop easy balls. I've also seen him make more than one ridiculous circus catch he had no problem catching. And had no business catching.

If Miami ONLY got a 2nd rounder in return, then IMO they got fleeced. You won't find anyone in the second round next year that will contribute like Chambers can at his known level, which was just given a MUCH higher ceiling.

OVERRATED? pshaw.

Edited by Pope Flick

Big upgrade for the Chargers it balances their offense and gives them another weapon added to a potent Offense. I think Jackson and Chambers downgrade each other with fewer touches but Gates remains a threat. Rivers stock goes up a bit.

As for the Fish, these guys are cleaning house. It's like starting from scratch. Draft picks mean nothing if they select bad players. They have now acquired two 2nd rounders for Chambers and Welker. There is a good chance their draft picks don't equal what Welker and Chambers have accomplished in their careers. The nightmare season continues....

Well, as a Ronnie Brown owner, I wish they'd sell him off as well. Now that's just one less guy that Ds have to care about. Mind you, I can't imagine Ds can spend anymore effort on him than they already are but still...

Brown owners should be VERY concerned about this. Not only does it reduce Miami's already thin offensive options but it is bound to batter team and player morale and their willingness to play hard.

Chris Chambers is in the opposite boat: very few here like him and the best they can do is "dropsies" when in fact, TO drops more passes and gets more passes from people on this board than Chris Chambers does. If criticism here was in any way consistent there'd be far more people taking shots at TO for his dropping, last weekend's criticism of his LATEST drop notwithstanding, than Chambers because he drops more than Chambers.

You totally ignore the fact that in FF circles, TO has consistently lived up to or outperformed his draft position and Chambers has done the opposite.