[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chambers to SD

LooGie

You totally ignore the fact that in FF circles, TO has consistently lived up to or outperformed his draft position and Chambers has done the opposite.

I don't know about that - he's never ranked as high as TO is. I don't think he's overrated by any means. I wouldn't pick him up in the 2nd round like I would TO but that's not what we're talking about here is it?

If you want to say that TOs performance makes up for his drops, so be it but Chambers is and always has been quite solid and ALWAYS on a crap team.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chambers is and always has been quite solid and ALWAYS on a crap team.

The offensive system is a tremendous factor in a WR's performance. Chambers may drop more balls than he should, but it's a lot easier for somebody like TO to catch a pass and contribute to fantasy owners when he's playing with a competent QB throwing behind a line that can block effectively. I can't say that Chambers has had either of those two luxuries for any significant amount of time in Miami. Geez, what does it tell you when Marty Booker puts up better numbers with Jim Miller and Shane Matthews in Chicago than he does in Miami?

Edited by Bill Swerski

If you want to say that TOs performance makes up for his drops, so be it but Chambers is and always has been quite solid and ALWAYS on a crap team.

:D

Solid? Chambers is one of the streakiest WRs I've ever had the dismay of owning, always putting up a few good to monster games and virtually disappearing for the other 11-12 games of the season.

BTW- Don't be so sure Ted Ginn Jr. is the primary beneficiary of this deal for the Dolphins. Derek Hagan has some skills and Marty Booker will probably put up some decent numbers. With the bye coming up in week 9, we'll know by then for sure who's WR1,WR2 and WR3 on this team. Who knows? The Fish might still suck but could put up some fantasy numbers.

Brown owners should be VERY concerned about this. Not only does it reduce Miami's already thin offensive options but it is bound to batter team and player morale and their willingness to play hard.

They are 0-6 how much lower can morale go?

They will just plug in a different reciever and Browns value wont change much if at all.He was already the key.

They will all be fighting to keep their jobs and the trade was made to make their team better in the future.I think their defense is their biggest problem.

If they could stop the other team Brown would get more touches. :D

Edited by xtra

2003 MIA 963 11

2004 MIA 898 7

2005 MIA 1118 11

2006 MIA 677 4

Maybe teh hate stems from the fact the Chambers is such a tease.

Maybe, to paraphrase that master of the English language Emmitt Smith, he's been a diamond amongst really smelly trash?

BTW- Don't be so sure Ted Ginn Jr. is the primary beneficiary of this deal for the Dolphins. Derek Hagan has some skills and Marty Booker will probably put up some decent numbers. With the bye coming up in week 9, we'll know by then for sure who's WR1,WR2 and WR3 on this team. Who knows? The Fish might still suck but could put up some fantasy numbers.

Dolphins are mammals, not fish.

Believe me, as a fan who watches every minute of every Charger game, Chambers is a definite upgrade. Jackson has decent raw skills (size and speed), but doesn't run the best routes, doesn't create a lot of separation from defenders, and prefers to catch with his body than reach out with his hands. I had higher expectations for Floyd since he catches the ball well and has size, but like Jackson, he doesn't get open all that often. The best thing that could be said about the Chargers WRs is that they know how to block.

I haven't seen Chambers play alot, but he's had some big games and will go after the ball.

These are the exact negatives for Chambers. In fact, if you took out Jackson's name and insert Chamber's, it would fit perfectly...

Hey Wayne do all us Miami fans a favor and fire Cam Cameron. Since Cam looks like he is packing in this season by getting rid of your best WR send him packing. Do whatever you have to but get Bill Cowher in next year and bring this franchise back to respectability.

I am extremely pissed.

As a non Charger or Dolphin fan I don't understand. The Phins are going nowhere and need to start a 2-3 year re-building process. You just traded an underachieving, almost 30 year-old WR, the day of the trade deadline, for a 2nd round draft pick. That's a score.

I like the move.

Chambers definitely gives the Chargers a real #1 WR and a different skill set than the rest of the group.

Jackson is still only a project WR.

Davis is a good talent but is learning still.

Floyd can be used in certain packages.

Parker seems like he's lost his job.

Only Chambers commands CB#1 coverage. Davis may someday. The rest are just role players and nothing special.

I like the move.

Chambers definitely gives the Chargers a real #1 WR and a different skill set than the rest of the group.

Jackson is still only a project WR.

Davis is a good talent but is learning still.

Floyd can be used in certain packages.

Parker seems like he's lost his job.

Only Chambers commands CB#1 coverage. Davis may someday. The rest are just role players and nothing special.

With LT, Gates and Jackson I do not see how this hurts Chanbers. I think that it helps everyone including Chambers.

I wish I was in a league where Chambers was available on the WW. In my league, the best you can do is Sidney Rice.

Dude, what league would Chambers be available in on the waiver wire. Are you being serious.

As a Chambers owner I am excited. First, this is perfect timing. He has 2 weeks to learn the offense. He will be ready to go next Sunday. The Dolphins did not have a bye yet so his bye was coming anyways.

He will get less targets, but he will get better balls thrown his way and more scoring opportunities I am sure. That is a sure fire way to be excited. He has put up decent numbers, but with the targets he has received he should be doing better, but hte balls suck half the time they are thrown to him, and he dropped a lot, because there is no motivation to catch a ball in miami. He caught everything this past weekend, and looked great which is encouraging as he goes to a winning club

Why? ...he goes to a much better offense.

Rivers > Lemons ....everyday, all day.

Yeah, but outside of R. Brown, Chambers was the only other go-to-guy. Now he has to compete against the best RB and best TE in the league for balls - not really enough to go around. Plus he has to learn a new system 6 games into the season. This is bad news for Chambers owners.