[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obligatory weekly Andre Johnson watch

BrooklynCrew

Per rotoworld:

Texans head coach Gary Kubiak is "very, very hopeful" that WR Andre Johnson will be available for Week 7 against the Titans.

Kubiak said Johnson is "progressing well" and is expected to run in practice on Tuesday. Earlier reports suggested Johnson could miss this week and be out through the Texans bye in Week 10. Even if active, Johnson would have a tough matchup against the Titans and he likely would be limited, but positive news all the same. Oct. 16 - 12:49 pm et

Well, let's see... maybe this is the week we get the stud WR back. I sure hope so. If there are any practice updates I'd love to hear em...

The Houston Chronicle reported yesterday that WR Andre Johnson will be out for Week 7 and could miss Week 8, as well.

from thehuddle's free agent forecast, today.

I know... and today's rotoworld report , which quotes the coach from yesterday, says something completely different... so we'll have to see what's what later in the week I imagine.

I heard he will be out until week 11.

Yeah, well there was a lot of speculation about his return with no real facts. Many places have speculated they'll sit him till after their week 10 bye. But what is that based on? The coach of the team yesterday said they plan to have him back this week. I'm curious if anybody saw any practice reports today...

I don't know what's going on here. I've never seen so many conflicting reports. You've got to wonder who's telling the truth. At this point with all the misinformation, I wouldn't be surprised if he's out for the year.

That's what's so frustrating... the coach says one thing... a slew of other reports say something else. I'm waiting on practice reports by the end of the week. If he's practicing on Thu/Fri, we'll have a much better sign. If he's still 'jogging on the sidelines'... keep him on IR.

I don't know what's going on here. I've never seen so many conflicting reports. You've got to wonder who's telling the truth. At this point with all the misinformation, I wouldn't be surprised if he's out for the year.

:D exactly, I could have dropped him long ago, it's really starting to piss me off

DMD seems quite confident (and so does Kubiak) that he will be on the field this week. To what extent, I have no idea. But have Andre Davis and Johnson on my bench is eating up space to make moves. If Johnson is ready to go, I'm plugging him in.

I need him this week. I am in a tie for first with my biggest rival in my local and we play this week. I want all my weapons at my disposal. A 80% Johnson is better than 100% Curtis or S Holmes.

Watching ESPN this morning they seemed to think hell miss 2 more games.I hope not,but Id rather have him back healthy and productive than back one week unproductive and done for the season.He still hasnt made any cuts on his knee hopefully that happens today instead of just running.

I'm tired of Megan Manfull of the Houston Chronicle. She never has good news to report. Nice name though... As for Johnson's status, it seems a bit ridiculous for him to miss 9 weeks with a sprain. I thought that type of injury was normally a 4-5 week deal.

DJ Hackett has been out for 6 weeks to date with a sprain.

:D Calling RHINO and any HOU homers?

The truth is that I am not sure anyone knows for sure when he will be back. I don;t think he will be back week 7, but then again I thought he would be back by now....so what do I know. Everything from the Chronicle suggests it will be a few more (at least 2) weeks, but then Kubiak keeps saying he is hopeful that he can go. I am sure a lot of it is coach speak from Kubiak to make the Titans at elast prepare for Andre, but then again he might be actually able to go too. So basically what I am saying is I am just as lost as the rest of you on this one. :D

:wacko:

The truth is that I am not sure anyone knows for sure when he will be back. I don;t think he will be back week 7, but then again I thought he would be back by now....so what do I know. Everything from the Chronicle suggests it will be a few more (at least 2) weeks, but then Kubiak keeps saying he is hopeful that he can go. I am sure a lot of it is coach speak from Kubiak to make the Titans at elast prepare for Andre, but then again he might be actually able to go too. So basically what I am saying is I am just as lost as the rest of you on this one. :D

:wacko:

:D Thanks Zia!

I think we should all plan to sit em as of right now. Even if he plays, you have to wonder how heavy he'll be used (maybe as a decoy?) and if he could "feel soreness" and be pulled in the 1Q. That's more annoying than starting a bencher.

Trust me I need him to with Braylon on a bye. But I'm thinking I'll sooner take flier on a FA like Ike Hilliard than risk putting up a goose egg.

I'm tired of Megan Manfull of the Houston Chronicle. She never has good news to report. Nice name though... As for Johnson's status, it seems a bit ridiculous for him to miss 9 weeks with a sprain. I thought that type of injury was normally a 4-5 week deal.

I'm guessing she got asked to go out on dates ALOT in high school with a name like that!! :D

Edited by millerx