[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obligatory weekly Andre Johnson watch

BrooklynCrew

The truth is that I am not sure anyone knows for sure when he will be back. I don;t think he will be back week 7, but then again I thought he would be back by now....so what do I know. Everything from the Chronicle suggests it will be a few more (at least 2) weeks, but then Kubiak keeps saying he is hopeful that he can go. I am sure a lot of it is coach speak from Kubiak to make the Titans at elast prepare for Andre, but then again he might be actually able to go too. So basically what I am saying is I am just as lost as the rest of you on this one. :D

:D

That really clears things up for me...

(on Johnson’s status) "I think he is day-to-day. He ran hard yesterday for the first time. He ran a little bit last week. We’ll find out where he is at today, as far as all the cutting and all those things it takes to play the game. He is doing well. Physically he is very, very close, but we’re also going to smart and play him when he is 100 percent ready to go."

This is an excerpt from a conference call Kubiak did today,10-17-07

He'd didn't practice at all today. :D

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/InjuryReport.asp

“He ran again today. He did more cutting and those type of things. He still did not work with the football team, so we’ll see. I think he’s day-to-day and he’s just waiting any day for us to turn him loose with the guys as far as getting involved in the football part of it, but he’s running at full speed and cutting at full speed. We’ll just have to make the best decision for him, but he’ll be day-to-day.”

(on the chances that WR Andre Johnson will play Sunday) “I have a hard time telling you that today. Everything is so good; the rehab process and everything he’s doing is so positive, but ya’ll know as well as I do until you step out here on the field and do it, it’s hard to make that call. I would say, let’s wait and see to tomorrow, let’s see if he does get some plays in with the team. You know, he looked pretty close to full speed, so we’ll see.”

Edited by PaulOttCarruth

I would be more than happy to let him sit out one more week , getting stronger and healthier , hopefully practice next week and play week 8 ...week 8 is much better than week 11 and it does not sound like he would be ready this week anyway

I agree even though I could really use him this week.

New info as of 9pm

Andre Johnson (knee) went through some cutting and sprinting drills on the side during Texans practice Wednesday.

Johnson began running exactly a week ago. The Texans consider him day-to-day and remain hopeful he'll play Sunday, but that's far from a guarantee.

Coincidentally, Vince Young is also day-to-day. Vince Young also killed the Texans on a last second 50 yd. TD run to win last year in Houston. I could see the Texans bringing back Andre this week IF VY plays to level the playing field. If VY is out, I think they'll sit Andre another week.

No links, quotes, or anything to base this on, just a hunch.