[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Koren Robinson reinstated

Fatman

Oh the fond memories. I remember one morning a few years back where I woke up to find a HUGE story on the front page of the Seattle Times about how Koren had gotten his life back together and had found true happiness without alcohol. I remember giving him a hard time about the article at 4:30 am that night, after we had just finished off the last blunt after a long night of drinking and debauchery.

I'm pulling hard for him, he is really one of the nicest, most engaging people I have ever met, but I dunno, that guy has problems. Most people who are lifelong drunks don't get right. He didn't just enjoy alcohol, he was very dependent.

Packers lift roster exception for Robinson

ESPN.com news services

The Packers didn't waste any time embracing wide receiver Koren Robinson.

One day after commissioner Roger Goodell ended a one-year substance suspension for the troubled wide receiver, the Packers lifted a roster exception and put him on their 53-man active roster. Goodell gave the Packers until Oct. 30 to decide if they wanted him on the active roster. On Thursday, they lifted the exemption.

To make room for Robinson on the roster, the Packers released offensive lineman Orrin Thompson.

Robinson served a one-year suspension dating to last October for violations of the substance abuse policy. He met with Goodell on Sunday in Phoenix and received approval to resume his NFL career on Wednesday.

"I'm glad I get an opportunity to redeem myself," Robinson said Wednesday night in a conference call from Houston, while traveling to see his family before heading to Green Bay.

Robinson's suspension came in the wake of an incident in August 2006 while he was playing for the Minnesota Vikings.

Police said Robinson led them on a car chase at speeds over 100 mph, and his blood-alcohol content was found to be 0.11 percent, above the legal limit of 0.08. The Vikings cut Robinson, and he signed a two-year deal with the Packers in September.

However, he played in only four games before he was suspended.

In February, Robinson was sentenced to 90 days in jail after pleading down to a charge of fleeing police. Robinson was also sentenced to three months in jail for violating probation on a separate drunken-driving case in Kirkland, Wash., last year.

Robinson said he takes a daily pill that deters him from drinking by making him sick if he has alcohol, and he has his liver enzymes checked regularly by doctors.

"It's a safety blanket for me," Robinson said. "I use it like a vitamin. I don't have any qualms about it."

Robinson faces a lifetime ban if he violates the league's substance abuse policy again.

"I know this is my last chance," he said. "If I do anything to jeopardize that, I didn't deserve it in the first place."

Information from ESPN.com senior writer John Clayton and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Seriously though, if this clown can get reinstated after all his foul-ups, then Ricky is not far behind. Put your WW requests in now....

Ricky tested positive for pot in april. KRob did not. Big difference.

I go to Wisconsin quite often, not a great place to keep your sobriety :D

The only reason to go to Wisconsin is to get drunk (or buy beer on sundays to bring back to Minny) :wacko:

Of course drinking and sex are popular when it gets cold. :wacko:

Which is why you will see farm animals running for their lives in December :D

Good call. They could go to a strip club, have a couple beers and discuss their futures in the league.

:wacko:

Someone intent on staying sober will do so wherever s/he is; someone who will relapse can find their drug of choice wherever they are.

Very true. Well said.

"I'm glad I get another final opportunity to redeem myself," Robinson said Wednesday night in a conference call from Houston, while traveling to see his family before heading to Green Bay.

Robinson said he takes a daily pill that deters him from drinking by making him sick if he has alcohol, and he has his liver enzymes checked regularly by doctors.

"It's a safety blanket for me," Robinson said. "I use it like a vitamin filbert. I don't have any qualms about it."

Robinson faces a lifetime ban if when he violates the league's substance abuse policy again.

"I know this is my last chance until my next last chance," he said. "If I do anything when I do something to jeopardize that, I didn't deserve it in the first place but I expect someone to give me another chance anyways."

Fixed

He was not an "NFL employee" at the time of the test. Big difference.

Robinson has failed how many tests now??

What are you talking about? Who wasn't an NF employee? Ricky? He was in the substance program run by the NFL.

You are saying that Ricky testing positive while in the program is different than KRob because he was with the team?

Big difference.

:D

What are you talking about? Who wasn't an NF employee? Ricky? He was in the substance program run by the NFL.

You are saying that Ricky testing positive while in the program is different than KRob because he was with the team?

Big difference.

:D

Ricky was playing in the CFL in April, not being paid by the Dolphins. By your logic Calvin Johnson should have been suspended for smoking before he was a Lion...

KRob has failed numerous times with multiple teams...

Ricky was playing in the CFL in April, not being paid by the Dolphins. By your logic Calvin Johnson should have been suspended for smoking before he was a Lion...

KRob has failed numerous times with multiple teams...

2 teams. The same as Ricky. Ricky was sent to the CFL by the Dolphins and still under contract.

You're just talking semantics. Are you a trial lawyer?

2 teams. The same as Ricky. Ricky was sent to the CFL by the Dolphins and still under contract.

Seahawks, Vikings, Packers...

Ricky never had any "slip-ups" with the Saints as I remember it..

LOL no. But my girlfirend is a law student. I guess it rubs off occasionally. :D

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

He is no longer in the CFL. The Dolphins did not send him there but allowed him to sign in 2006 under the condition that he return to the Dolphins in 2007. That agreement was last year and prior to the failed drug test.

If I remember correctly, Ricky the Josh Gordon Williams had applied for reinstatement earlier this year(April?), and failed a drug test. Thtas far different than Koren reapplying, passing, and getting reinstated. Have no clue if Ricky will get back or not, but 1 more Williams in the league should make it for discussion.