[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Value of Selvin Young?

wolfdigger

traded Selvin Young and Marques Colston for Marvin Harrison

and

traded Selvin Young and Vince Young for Matt Schaub and DeShaun Foster

Don't think Young is going to get all the carries once Henry is gone. Both trades seem fair and both Henry owners are happy, as am I. Everyone I traded was on my bench.

What other trades involving Selvin Young are out there?

Henry owner here. I tried to get S. Young and offered him either Galloway or Jennings, he said no to both offers...bastard!

heh I would say no to both also bro. No offence but once Henry gets the boot, Young will be the #1 RB on a running based team. Huge upside with him so I would want a #1 WR for him

heh I would say no to both also bro. No offence but once Henry gets the boot, Young will be the #1 RB on a running based team. Huge upside with him so I would want a #1 WR for him

Heh. Then you would have screwed up, bro.

Even if Young is the #1 RB in DEN (and I'll add that I own Young in 2 leagues), DEN is taking on the look of a team that will be playing from behind quite a bit (ie - more passing, though Young is a good receiver), he'll get pulled on the goal line (not that it matters much, Shanahan hasn't changed one iota and is one of the most conservative - read that unimaginative - coaches in the NFL in the red zone, and has been for 10 years), and Hamilton & Nalen are both out for the year on the O-line.

Young's upside isn't nearly as high as many think it is, and I like the kid as a player and think he is a capable NFL starting RB.

Young's upside isn't nearly as high as many think it is, and I like the kid as a player and think he is a capable NFL starting RB.

I agree his upside isn't very high but it's higher than 2 middling WRs like Jennings or Galloway. Jennings is fairly solid but has limited upside. Galloway is pretty nice but only if the matchup is right.

Best case scenario... Young gets 20 touches in the Denver offense in the next month or so. He might not be racking up huge stats but an RB getting that many touches for the stretch run of the FF season, regardless of the team, should be worth more than ONE middling WR.

I agree.

The whole Denver RB thing has become extremely overrated.

#1 WR for him is asking way too much IMO. The guy has never started a NFL game and has proven nothing up to this point. You give off the smell of a Young owner with very high hopes. Personally, I think when Henry gets suspended the DEN RB situation will be similar to what the Bell/Bell situation was last year and Young will end up in a RBBC..The Galloway offer was a good fair offer, especially since the Young owner needs WR's.

Edited by Tally

traded Selvin Young and Marques Colston for Marvin Harrison

and

traded Selvin Young and Vince Young for Matt Schaub and DeShaun Foster

FWIW, you didn't really upgrade anything in either of those deals. I mean, if you have excellent RB depth, the first deal is good. Otherwise, I'd have kept Young in both cases.

I'm a Henry owner and tried to trade L Betts to the Portis owner who had S Young to get a handcuff for my team.

He wouldn't do that trade, but he'd give me SY for Fragile Fred Taylor :D

I was planning on dropping FT anyhow ... thank you for the cuffs :D

FWIW, you didn't really upgrade anything in either of those deals. I mean, if you have excellent RB depth, the first deal is good. Otherwise, I'd have kept Young in both cases.

1st Trade: I have Parker, Edge, K.Jones and Wynn so Young was picked up to move. I did not like how Colston was playing. Have Edwards and R. Williams and now Harrison. Harrison has not performed but he has not been healthy. I am willing to take the risk.

2nd Trade: I have McGahee and A. Peterson with Chester and now DeShaun on my bench. Sure lateral move there. However, I have Romo on a bye next week and Young is my backup. He has not put up good numbers and is hurt. Saw opportunity to get Schaub and snagged him when A. Johnson is ready to come back. Feel alot more comfortable for week 8, now.

I do not feel that Selvin is going to get all the touches and DEN has been struggling a bit!

Just a little roster tweaking!

1st Trade: I have Parker, Edge, K.Jones and Wynn so Young was picked up to move. I did not like how Colston was playing. Have Edwards and R. Williams and now Harrison. Harrison has not performed but he has not been healthy. I am willing to take the risk.

I'd say unloading an RB that may or may not be productive and a terribly underachieving high WR pick for a proven commodity like Harrison is a pretty good upgrade.

If anyone hasn't noticed yet, RBs with even the slightest potential to be productive are hard to come by at this point in the season. WRs like Galloway? Not so much.

The Henry owner offered me Chris Brown for Selvin Young a week or so ago... and also added that it was his final offer. :D I think I'll just hang on if that's the going rate for him, at least in my league.

Heh. Then you would have screwed up, bro.

Even if Young is the #1 RB in DEN (and I'll add that I own Young in 2 leagues), DEN is taking on the look of a team that will be playing from behind quite a bit (ie - more passing, though Young is a good receiver), he'll get pulled on the goal line (not that it matters much, Shanahan hasn't changed one iota and is one of the most conservative - read that unimaginative - coaches in the NFL in the red zone, and has been for 10 years), and Hamilton & Nalen are both out for the year on the O-line.

any insight on how denver feels about andre hall(mostly for next yr or beyond)?

I'd say unloading an RB that may or may not be productive and a terribly underachieving high WR pick for a proven commodity like Harrison is a pretty good upgrade.

If anyone hasn't noticed yet, RBs with even the slightest potential to be productive are hard to come by at this point in the season. WRs like Galloway? Not so much.

The Henry owner offered me Chris Brown for Selvin Young a week or so ago... and also added that it was his final offer. :D I think I'll just hang on if that's the going rate for him, at least in my league.

I think Young has value and will produce to a point and perhaps go off once he gets the job. However, the speculation and anticipation on what is happening to Henry is real, especially for the Henry owner. He wants and needs Young if he has been relying on Henry. I would put Young "on the block" and mention "pothead's replacement open to highest bidder", the Henry owner will start to squirm. My only worry about not moving him was that after a bye, maybe Shanahan figured out a way to start using Bell or Sapp and then Young's speculative value drops significantly.

This is what is fun about fantasy football, you make fantasy real!