[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crayton gives Pats bulletin board material

msaint

Doesn't this momo know that no team thrives on slights and disrespect, perceived or otherwise, more than the Pats? God I hope it's a Dallas-NE Super Bowl....if Vegas has odds for "First Cowboy WR to be illegally clotheslined by Rodney Harrison" I'm betting my daughter's college fund on Crayton.

IRVING — Thanks to Patrick Crayton, the New England Patriots won't have to search for bulletin-board material should they face the Dallas Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

Crayton says the Cowboys will make it.

He's not so sure about the Patriots.

"If they make it to Arizona, we will see them again," Crayton said Monday. "Seriously, I'm not backing down from that statement. I told my coach that yesterday, and I'm saying it now."

Still trying to deal with the "sour taste" left over from Sunday's 48-27 loss to New England, Crayton said the outcome would have been different had Dallas not suffered so many selfinflicted wounds en route to its first defeat of the season.

Asked if he woke up thinking, "Wow, that team was good," Crayton sneered and said, "Why would I say that?"

Then he took it a step further and all but labeled New England (6-0) a one-dimensional team.

"Offensively, they are the real deal," Crayton said. "I'm not going to lie about that. Defensively? I can tell you, no, they're not at all. The only time they stopped us is when we had penalties. If that's stopping us, it is what it is. Defensively, they're not the real deal."

The fourth-year receiver also scoffed at the notion the league has only two elite teams: the Patriots and 5-0 Indianapolis.

"That's the perception," he said, "and you get tired of hearing that."

Crayton's teammates didn't share in his bravado, but several echoed his view that their miscues had more to do with the 21-point margin of victory than what the Patriots did.

"We let an opportunity slip away," quarterback Tony Romo said. "They are obviously a great team, but I don't think the score indicated how close that game was."

The Cowboys (5-1) bounced back from a 14-0 second-quarter deficit to make a game of it, but withered down the stretch in the face of Tom Brady's scintillating passing performance.

Dallas put more pressure on Brady than he's seen all season, sacking him three times. But it didn't stop him from throwing for 388 yards and a career-high five touchdowns. His nearly flawless play was the main reason why New England converted 65 percent (11 of 17) of its third downs.

"We had a lot of hits on him, a lot of pressure, but we couldn't consistently get off the field on third down," Dallas coach Wade Phillips said.

But it wasn't just the defense. The Cowboys committed a season-high 12 penalties, including a holding call against guard Kyle Kosier that erased Marion Barber's 8-yard gain on fourth down early in the final quarter when the Patriots led by seven.

"We have overcome penalties in other games, but we couldn't against a real good team," Phillips said.

Despite the loss, Dallas remains tied with Green Bay for the NFC's top record. Phillips said he reminded the players of that when he addressed them Monday.

"But you have to be realistic about it," he said. "We need to play better. There are areas, especially in this game, where we could have played a lot better."

Pass defense tops the list. The defense ranks 10th in the league, but is just 24th against the pass, yielding 232.8 yards.

The Cowboys led 24-21 in the third quarter Sunday. But poor play in the secondary allowed Brady to lead the Patriots to three TDs and two field goals on their final five possessions.

The backbreaker came when he hooked up with Donté Stallworth for a 69-yard TD that gave New England a 38-24 lead early in the fourth.

After Ken Hamlin bit on the play fake, Stallworth made the catch around the Dallas 40-yard line before shaking off Jacques Reeves with a stiff arm.

"They shouldn't get a deep one like that on a two-man route," Phillips said. "But we've still got to make the tackle."

The Cowboys will try to recover Sunday at home against Minnesota (2-3).

"We have to take our anger out on Minnesota," Crayton said. "There is just a sour taste in our mouths right now, and we've got to get it out. It's just, yuck, I hate it."

Oh, and Patrick, next time you want to sound like a tough guy even though you lost, try not to talk like a 13-year-old girl from the O.C. -- "It's just, yuck, I hate it."

:wacko:

Edit to add: I agree with Crayton...this Pats D isn't very good and could really be exposed should it ever face a top offense. :D:D

Edited by msaint

IRVING — Thanks to Sgt. Ryan, the New England Patriots won't have to search for bulletin-board material should they face the Dallas Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

Sgt. Ryan says the Cowboys will make it.

"If they make it to Arizona, we will see them again," Sgt. Ryan said Monday. "Seriously, I'm not backing down from that statement. I told my coach that yesterday, and I'm saying it now."

Still trying to deal with the "sour taste" left over from Sunday's 48-27 loss to New England, Sgt. Ryan said the outcome would have been different had Dallas not suffered so many selfinflicted wounds en route to its first defeat of the season.

Asked if he woke up thinking, "Wow, that team was good," Sgt. Ryan sneered and said, "Why would I say that?"

Then he took it a step further and all but labeled New England (6-0) a one-dimensional team.

"Offensively, they are the real deal," Sgt. Ryan said. "I'm not going to lie about that. Defensively? I can tell you, no, they're not at all. The only time they stopped us is when we had penalties. If that's stopping us, it is what it is. Defensively, they're not the real deal."

Fixed...... :D

:D

Edited by nhoops

Meh..I dont think the Pats will give this too much thought to be honest with you..They went into big D and got the win..I assume the Colts and other AFC rivals are on their mind more then Dallas.

I agree with Crayton. the Patriots seem to have holes all over and as the season goes teams will figure it out and this team will be exposed and dumped out of the playoffs early (if they even get there).

teams always adapt and it is just a matter of time until every team catches up to the Pats. I would not be one bit surprised if the Dolphins took em down this weekend by 14 points. The Dolphins have a major advantage with Cleo Lemon because teams don't know how to prepare for him which is extra help to the Dolphins because if belicheck has a major weakness it is lack of preperation.

Yea right!!!!

Good stuff here. No doubt, there's another level Dallas needs to get to, they're not there yet. Crayton might be a fool, but I'll keep starting him every week :D

Me too!!

Good stuff here. No doubt, there's another level Dallas needs to get to, they're not there yet. Crayton might be a fool, but I'll keep starting him every week :D

I know, I was torn on this because he's been one of my most productive fantasy sleepers so far this year...I actually like Crayton and will also keep happily starting him in that potent Cowboys offense. Long as they can keep playing/exploding on bad D's like the Pats, that is. :D

If Crayton think Minnesota will be an easy walk in the park, well I got news for him.

Dallas is going to walk all over the Vikes this week! I can see a double-digit victory for the Boys. Romo's going to have a huge game throwing all over the place. Owens, Crayton and Witten, all have a solid week.

Doesn't this momo know that no team thrives on slights and disrespect, perceived or otherwise, more than the Pats? God I hope it's a Dallas-NE Super Bowl....if Vegas has odds for "First Cowboy WR to be illegally clotheslined by Rodney Harrison" I'm betting my daughter's college fund on Crayton.

IRVING — Thanks to Patrick Crayton, the New England Patriots won't have to search for bulletin-board material should they face the Dallas Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

Crayton says the Cowboys will make it.

"If they make it to Arizona, we will see them again," Crayton said Monday. "Seriously, I'm not backing down from that statement. I told my coach that yesterday, and I'm saying it now."

Still trying to deal with the "sour taste" left over from Sunday's 48-27 loss to New England, Crayton said the outcome would have been different had Dallas not suffered so many selfinflicted wounds en route to its first defeat of the season.

Asked if he woke up thinking, "Wow, that team was good," Crayton sneered and said, "Why would I say that?"

"Offensively, they are the real deal," Crayton said. "I'm not going to lie about that. Defensively? I can tell you, no, they're not at all. The only time they stopped us is when we had penalties. If that's stopping us, it is what it is. Defensively, they're not the real deal."

The fourth-year receiver also scoffed at the notion the league has only two elite teams: the Patriots and 5-0 Indianapolis.

"That's the perception," he said, "and you get tired of hearing that."

Crayton's teammates didn't share in his bravado, but several echoed his view that their miscues had more to do with the 21-point margin of victory than what the Patriots did.

"We let an opportunity slip away," quarterback Tony Romo said. "They are obviously a great team, but I don't think the score indicated how close that game was."

The Cowboys (5-1) bounced back from a 14-0 second-quarter deficit to make a game of it, but withered down the stretch in the face of Tom Brady's scintillating passing performance.

Dallas put more pressure on Brady than he's seen all season, sacking him three times. But it didn't stop him from throwing for 388 yards and a career-high five touchdowns. His nearly flawless play was the main reason why New England converted 65 percent (11 of 17) of its third downs.

"We had a lot of hits on him, a lot of pressure, but we couldn't consistently get off the field on third down," Dallas coach Wade Phillips said.

But it wasn't just the defense. The Cowboys committed a season-high 12 penalties, including a holding call against guard Kyle Kosier that erased Marion Barber's 8-yard gain on fourth down early in the final quarter when the Patriots led by seven.

"We have overcome penalties in other games, but we couldn't against a real good team," Phillips said.

Despite the loss, Dallas remains tied with Green Bay for the NFC's top record. Phillips said he reminded the players of that when he addressed them Monday.

"But you have to be realistic about it," he said. "We need to play better. There are areas, especially in this game, where we could have played a lot better."

Pass defense tops the list. The defense ranks 10th in the league, but is just 24th against the pass, yielding 232.8 yards.

The Cowboys led 24-21 in the third quarter Sunday. But poor play in the secondary allowed Brady to lead the Patriots to three TDs and two field goals on their final five possessions.

The backbreaker came when he hooked up with Donté Stallworth for a 69-yard TD that gave New England a 38-24 lead early in the fourth.

After Ken Hamlin bit on the play fake, Stallworth made the catch around the Dallas 40-yard line before shaking off Jacques Reeves with a stiff arm.

"They shouldn't get a deep one like that on a two-man route," Phillips said. "But we've still got to make the tackle."

The Cowboys will try to recover Sunday at home against Minnesota (2-3).

"We have to take our anger out on Minnesota," Crayton said. "There is just a sour taste in our mouths right now, and we've got to get it out. It's just, yuck, I hate it."

Oh, and Patrick, next time you want to sound like a tough guy even though you lost, try not to talk like a 13-year-old girl from the O.C. -- "It's just, yuck, I hate it."

:wacko:

Edit to add: I agree with Crayton...this Pats D isn't very good and could really be exposed should it ever face a top offense. :D:D

What a tool. Just keep your mouth shut and play football. Just stupid..

i'm sure the pats have more important things to worry about than what the #3 wr for a team that they just whooped has to say.

Exactly.

I bet you that the Patriots don't even mention it publically.

I agree with Crayton. the Patriots seem to have holes all over and as the season goes teams will figure it out and this team will be exposed and dumped out of the playoffs early (if they even get there).

teams always adapt and it is just a matter of time until every team catches up to the Pats. I would not be one bit surprised if the Dolphins took em down this weekend by 14 points. The Dolphins have a major advantage with Cleo Lemon because teams don't know how to prepare for him which is extra help to the Dolphins because if belicheck has a major weakness it is lack of preperation.

Yea right!!!!

The Pats are playing one dimensional on offense and you can't do that in the NFL or teams will catch on. And don't be shocked at how much they will miss Morris and Watson (esp. Watson). Morris has been the better back since day one.

I would feel the same way if I was Crayton. They took a lead on them and had them on the ropes. They had the opportunity. But geeze, how many penalties can you take vs. the Pats....not many.

but saying their defense is weak is pretty crazy

Edited by SteelerMurf

You shouldn't need bulliten board material to get you fired up for the Super Bowl.

That said though, he should have just took his loss and moved on.

The Pats are playing one dimensional on offense and you can't do that in the NFL or teams will catch on. And don't be shocked at how much they will miss Morris and Watson (esp. Watson). Morris has been the better back since day one.

I would feel the same way if I was Crayton. They took a lead on them and had them on the ropes. They had the opportunity. But geeze, how many penalties can you take vs. the Pats....not many.

but saying their defense is weak is pretty crazy

Yeah if being on the ropes is them scoring on every one of their last 5 possesions and holding you to 3 points for the rest of the game...

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

Yea right!!!!

:D Yeah, if they even get there! Who else in do you foresee as possibly winning the AFC East this year? The New York Jets at 1 and 5? The Buffalo Bills at 1 and 4? Ot is it the Miami Dolphins at 0 and 6? :D

Edited by Crazysight

:D Yeah, if they even get there! Who else in do you foresee as possibly winning the AFC East this year? The New York Jets at 1 and 5? The Buffalo Bills at 1 and 4? Ot is it the Miami Dolphins at 0 and 6? :D

(if they even get there)

:wacko: That was one of the more bizarre poasts I have seen here..