[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBS is sayin that Maroney is OUT week 7!

Tboogs

Laurence Maroney, RB NE

News: Laurence Maroney missed the last three games with a groin injury. Now Sammy Morris is sidelined. The New England Patriots may be 6-0, but their record of keeping running backs healthy is less impressive. Maroney, who gained 252 yards on 54 carries in the first three games, ran well in practice Wednesday but took some plays off and won't play Sunday against winless Miami, according to the Associated Press.

Analysis: The AP's report conflicts with earlier news that the Patriots expect Maroney to return against the Dolphins. This is obviously a situation Fantasy owners will need to follow up until Sunday's inactives. Don't throw out the notion of benching Maroney another week in Fantasy leagues. The Patriots have never been a team to divulge a lot of injury news, so don't be surprised if Maroney takes the field Sunday. If active, consider him a solid start against a weak Dolphins run defense.

I quit looking at the player news on cbs sportsline. They have screwed me twice this year with their inacurate news.

Last week, they were the only ones reporting that Maroney was going to play, and my dumba$$ took their word for it.

Edited by Pirate lookin' at 40

Me too...like when they said JACOBS/WARD OUT...lol so I started Reuben :D 0 ...thanks a lot....

Ward played.

Yes, that was one of the times they got me. I would have won had I started Ward instead of Droughns.

I picked up Faulk in two leagues...If he starts, I'll go with him over Maroney in one and Benson in the other.

my homer gut, and whisperings from my moles, tells me that BB will sit LM

unless he is 100%.....with Morris out indefinetly, BB can not risk loosing LM

indefinetly too...the Miami D,and entire team for that matter is in a shambles,

trading Chambers and throwing in the towel....

it's a game that can be won with Faulk, Evans, Eckel and ?.....

not to say it will be easy, Miami is always a pain in the a$$, especialy at home

but as we saw in Dallas last week, the Patriots can make the short pass work just as well as rushing....

if your desperate and you can do it, i'd pick up Faulk, but Evans will probably get the goal line touches.

if all go's well, i just might make it down there for the game....i could use a

little South Beach right about now...

not to say it will be easy, Miami is always a pain in the a$$, especialy at home

but as we saw in Dallas last week, the Patriots can make the short pass work just as well as rushing....

if your desperate and you can do it, i'd pick up Faulk, but Evans will probably get the goal line touches.

GREAT homer insight! Thanks! GO FAULK! I hope you make it down to Sobe...

I can divulge my gut instinct now that waivers have passed in the league I wanted him in, but I'm putting my money on Evans having a big game this weekend. Faulk has a role on this team. He's the 3rd down back and change of pace. He likes it like that, and he's damn good at it. He's not the type of guy that can step in and get 15 carries plus handle the 3rd down responsibilities (lots of blocking, plus running pass routes= a physically demanding role by itself.

Two more things. One, BB doesn't give a damn about fantasy football, the injury report or playing a guy because he's almost ready. He knows the Pats can beat MIA without Maroney, and with the Skins and Colts looming in two weeks, I think he's trying to be as healthy as possible for those games. And two, presedence:

Wk 10 11/13/05 @ MIA W 23-16 1 0 Carries 17 Yards 84 Average 4.9 21 0 3 18 6.0 11 0 -- --

With Corey Dillon injured Heath filled in nicely in a game Brady passed for 285, with a 13.2 point week. Not too bad.

This is just my opinion, you guys pick up Faulk if you'd like. :D

I can divulge my gut instinct now that waivers have passed in the league I wanted him in, but I'm putting my money on Evans having a big game this weekend. Faulk has a role on this team. He's the 3rd down back and change of pace. He likes it like that, and he's damn good at it. He's not the type of guy that can step in and get 15 carries plus handle the 3rd down responsibilities (lots of blocking, plus running pass routes= a physically demanding role by itself.

Two more things. One, BB doesn't give a damn about fantasy football, the injury report or playing a guy because he's almost ready. He knows the Pats can beat MIA without Maroney, and with the Skins and Colts looming in two weeks, I think he's trying to be as healthy as possible for those games. And two, presedence:

Wk 10 11/13/05 @ MIA W 23-16 1 0 Carries 17 Yards 84 Average 4.9 21 0 3 18 6.0 11 0 -- --

With Corey Dillon injured Heath filled in nicely in a game Brady passed for 285, with a 13.2 point week. Not too bad.

This is just my opinion, you guys pick up Faulk if you'd like. :D

while I agree...Faulk is more of a factor in the passing game and they don't technically need a blocking RB in this offense...

everyone can run out and pick up faulk while I go and get Heath Evans...

Especially in a TD league. I'm sucking wind and playing the 6-0 team. Everyone in the league is rooting for me. Right now I have Barber and nothing else (Jackson owner) so he'll make a good play this week. I love playing spoiler! :D

everyone can run out and pick up faulk while I go and get Heath Evans...

What happens to Evans value when Maroney suits up? See below....

Oct. 17 - 9:08 pm et

The Associated Press writes that Laurence Maroney is likely to return in Week 7 against the Dolphins.

Maroney reportedly ran well in a limited practice Wednesday. In one version of an AP article linked below, the writer says Maroney will not play this week. It appears to be an editing error, though, because other versions of the article say Maroney is likely to play. The local Boston papers also believe Maroney will return.

What happens to Evans value when Maroney suits up? See below....

Oct. 17 - 9:08 pm et

The Associated Press writes that Laurence Maroney is likely to return in Week 7 against the Dolphins.

Maroney reportedly ran well in a limited practice Wednesday. In one version of an AP article linked below, the writer says Maroney will not play this week. It appears to be an editing error, though, because other versions of the article say Maroney is likely to play. The local Boston papers also believe Maroney will return.

You beat me to it. I read the 1st blurb on RTSports that said Maroney was out this week. Then I went to the source of the info, and the article was worded differently. It's Morris that is definitely not playing, but the original article made it sound like Maroney is out.

I thought I heard somewhere that if a player is inactive more than 3 weeks they have to go on the PUP...

Absolutely FALSE.

Thr PUP list is for players injured prior to training camp. When final cuts come, he can be placed on the PUP list, then from weeks 6-9, the team has to decide to active him or put him on IR. No moves are allowed in weeks 1-5.

(Sidenote, he can be on PUP during training camp through the final cuts and be put off it anytime prior to that)

Absolutely FALSE.

Thr PUP list is for players injured prior to training camp. When final cuts come, he can be placed on the PUP list, then from weeks 6-9, the team has to decide to active him or put him on IR. No moves are allowed in weeks 1-5.

(Sidenote, he can be on PUP during training camp through the final cuts and be put off it anytime prior to that)

OIC. I was thinking about Priest and his situation. Thanks for the clarification.