[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Toronto Bills?

budlitebrad

This is the NATIONAL Football League. Not the international football league. The NFL needs to stop trying to dilute the game and spread to foreign countries - especially overseas.

somebody else gets it - amazing

But it'll happen. As said, they don't give a flip about anything other than making money, and if they can make money doing this, they will.

No big really tho since about the only reason I care about NFL these days is due to FF anyway.

This is the NATIONAL Football League. Not the international football league. The NFL needs to stop trying to dilute the game and spread to foreign countries - especially overseas.

Wow I didn't know Canada was so "far" and of a different "nation" from the U.S. I realize Americans are oblivious to Canada and still think we live in igloos, but the fact of the matter is, we love Football as much as you guys do and it showed when the Superbowl came to Detroit. I think it will be a really beneficial thing for the NFL to branch out into Canada... even if that means only some preseason games.

Toronto is a bigger market than you realize it would be good business for the Bills and the NFL. Don't hate on the Canadians...

This is true. The Leafs are far and away #1 up there, but they also support the Argonauts. If the freaking Blue Jays can survive up there with the value of the Canadian dollar limiting their payroll, the Bills will probably do even better with the NFL's extensive revenue-sharing.

I remember there being talk a few years ago about the Bills moving out of Buffalo. I'd really hate to see it, but a move to Toronto would probably be a step forward for them financially.

This is true. The Leafs are far and away #1 up there, but they also support the Argonauts. If the freaking Blue Jays can survive up there with the value of the Canadian dollar limiting their payroll, the Bills will probably do even better with the NFL's extensive revenue-sharing.

I remember there being talk a few years ago about the Bills moving out of Buffalo. I'd really hate to see it, but a move to Toronto would probably be a step forward for them financially.

Ummmm....you do realize that the value of the Canadian dollar is now almost exactly equal to the value of the US dollar right? As a matter of fact, it even surpassed the mightily struggling US dollar not long ago....

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

The only thing that could save Buffalo at this point is probably Tom Golisano. He'd have to sell the Sabres though, wouldn't he?

Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas were quoted as saying they would consider heading a group to buy the Bills at some point. Kelly, I call him Jim, said he would love to team up with B. Thomas G.

The canadian fans kept the bills afloat up untill and even today. Otherwise they would have had every game blacked out due to lack of ticket sales. Believe me when I say operating a franchise here wouldn't be difficult. Goodell knows a market when he said immediately coming into the job that he will explore other areas and not be so focused on L.A because they cant get there stuff going :D

Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas were quoted as saying they would consider heading a group to buy the Bills at some point. Kelly, I call him Jim, said he would love to team up with B. Thomas G.

I'd like to see a team in Toronto....but it precludes a team remaining in Buffalo.

Its too bad. Overall, for Buffalo and the survival of the CFL, the team should stay put in NY state.

but guaranteed, this would be the only viable NFL franchise in Canada. Just like the NBA and MLB.

So there's no worry about movement of any other franchises or expansion north.