[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here we go Rutgers!

The Wolf

We all know anything can happen in any particular game. But from what I saw tonight, I do not think USF could hang in the late quarters with the teams with superior athletes. Yes, I realize USF beat Auburn. Things happen. Do you really believe App. State is better than Michigan...or do you think it was just one game? Do you think Stanford is better than USC? It's all moot now as USF will be out of the picture.

See, the problem is that people like you sit there and say "every week is a playoff" - and then when somebody loses, it is minimized. No, Stanford isn't as good as USC; if those two teams played that game 24 more times, I'd bet on USC winning all 24. But when it was time to step up and prove that what is on paper carries over to the field, the Trojans booted it.

USF just lost a "playoff" game to a solid Rutgers team - as opposed to a rotten Stanford team. The fact that they lost to a better opponent but will be "punished" more than USC was shows just what a junk system it is.

See, the problem is that people like you sit there and say "every week is a playoff" - and then when somebody loses, it is minimized. No, Stanford isn't as good as USC; if those two teams played that game 24 more times, I'd bet on USC winning all 24. But when it was time to step up and prove that what is on paper carries over to the field, the Trojans booted it.

USF just lost a "playoff" game to a solid Rutgers team - as opposed to a rotten Stanford team. The fact that they lost to a better opponent but will be "punished" more than USC was shows just what a junk system it is.

Hallelujah brother!!!!

yeah - the problem is their is just too much bias from the get-go. I mean, pre-season rankings throw everything off, teams like USF have an uphill batle. While teams for instance this year like Wisky, Mich, Texas and evidently USC as well were all waaaay over-ranked. I think they need to start ranking teams after 5 weeks or something. You have voters CURRENTLY who have admitted never seeing a single play from USF..........

Unbalanced schedules are a problem as well. I don't care how anyone spins OSU- they play a cupcake NC sched every damn year. The Big 10 is the example this year, but teams benefit from easy scheduling whe their league is down.

Not their fault per se- but OSU may go thru the year playing 1 top 25 team (Mich, maybe PState)

I dunno, I hope this all shakes out- I think when all is said and done tho a +1 would work in a year like this bc when the dust settles, I think you will be looking at OU/LSU/Oregon as all having 1 L and a 12-0 OSU team all deserving a shot, but who the hell knows

Unbalanced schedules are a problem as well. I don't care how anyone spins OSU- they play a cupcake NC sched every damn year. The Big 10 is the example this year, but teams benefit from easy scheduling whe their league is down.

We played a top ranked Texas the last 2 years, we have a home and home coming up against Oklahoma and we waxed a PAC 10 team that should have handled business against USC this year.

I guess the PAC 10 has played the #1 and #2 preseason ranked teams, like we have the past 2 years.

As usual, your a clueless Big 10 bashers, that should stick to your own Arizona Wildcats.............. :D

they play a cupcake NC sched every damn year.

...differing from darn near every other BCS school how?

Seriously, if cupcake NC scheds bruise your delicate sensibilities, start watching the MAC and Sun Belt - they play KILLER NC slates. Mountain West and WAC would, but the BCS schools are all too scared those teams might actually beat them.

EDITED because for some reason "off end" is "willingly dryhump"

Edited by Chavez

Don't know when the Washington home-home was signed for Ohio State, but it was when Rick Neuheisal was still there because they played in 2003, so the contract was signed sometime when Washington was still relevant in the Pac 10... but to say Ohio State plays no one in NC is just stupid. I mean, please, try watching a game, and then come here and post.

2006. Texas

2005: Texas

2002: Washington State (Pac 10 Champions) and Texas Tech

2001: UCLA

2000: Arizona (or do they count?)

1999: Miami, and UCLA

I mean come on. Ohio State can't help it if Washington fell on tough times, and are just getting back to being at least competitve. Again I ask you, what are the big Pac 10 NC games? Cal over Tennessee. That's it. Other than that, there are some embarassing defeats like getting plastered by Cincy, destroyed by Utah, and beaten by the worst Notre Dame team in the history of their program, but hey, at least you can hang your hat on Oregon thumping Michigan, then again, Appalachian State did it one week before that, so it's not THAT impressive. USC's win over Nebraska is getting less impressive by the second, and the inexcusable loss to Stanford, one of the worst teams in Division 1, only makes that point stronger. You come on here every day, and you're talking as if the Pac 10 conference has proven something this year, when in fact, they haven't proven anything more than Ohio State has. Go ahead wildcat, go copy-paste some computer ranking or something. Then after, that, why don't you fill me in on the big impressive Pac 10 victories this season, besides Cal beating Tennessee at home.

Don't know when the Washington home-home was signed for Ohio State, but it was when Rick Neuheisal was still there because they played in 2003, so the contract was signed sometime when Washington was still relevant in the Pac 10... but to say Ohio State plays no one in NC is just stupid. I mean, please, try watching a game, and then come here and post.

2006. Texas

2005: Texas

2002: Washington State (Pac 10 Champions) and Texas Tech

2001: UCLA

2000: Arizona (or do they count?)

1999: Miami, and UCLA

I mean come on. Ohio State can't help it if Washington fell on tough times, and are just getting back to being at least competitve. Again I ask you, what are the big Pac 10 NC games? Cal over Tennessee. That's it. Other than that, there are some embarassing defeats like getting plastered by Cincy, destroyed by Utah, and beaten by the worst Notre Dame team in the history of their program, but hey, at least you can hang your hat on Oregon thumping Michigan, then again, Appalachian State did it one week before that, so it's not THAT impressive. USC's win over Nebraska is getting less impressive by the second, and the inexcusable loss to Stanford, one of the worst teams in Division 1, only makes that point stronger. You come on here every day, and you're talking as if the Pac 10 conference has proven something this year, when in fact, they haven't proven anything more than Ohio State has. Go ahead wildcat, go copy-paste some computer ranking or something. Then after, that, why don't you fill me in on the big impressive Pac 10 victories this season, besides Cal beating Tennessee at home.

wow, well done- did some research huh? first of all- please show me where I was making some kind of Big 10 vs Pac 10 comparison in my post? Just calling it like I see it with OSU. As for the Pac 10? You can say whatever you want about some bad NC losses- but Cal playing Tenn and Oregon routing Michigan are much better wins than OSU or Wisky have. The fact is OSU plays a soft NC schedule- and combine that with a down Big 10 = an untested team.period. We saw what happened last year. FIne, maybe the Wash game was set when they were decent- but the fact is this year is they play a weak schedule. Unlike you and TOS- this is not some blind homer opinion or post- I want to see the best teams play for the NC- and the reality is, you just can't compare OSU seched vs the SEC or Pac 10. If it comes down to the end of the year, and OSU runst the table, I think we may get the short end once again.

Should be an interesting end to the season

I think LSU/OKL/OREGON/FLA/CAL/USC are all better teams than OSU. I coule be proven wron,g but we will see.

Edited by wildcat2334

And I'm saying that playing a tough or weak schedule doens't mean anything. Look at Florida last year. Florida didn't play anyone tough non-conference. But who won it all? And the post was really to prove that you really simply don't know sh|t because you continually bash on Ohio State saying they play no one every year, you continually bash on the Big Ten in general, because you say THEY play no one every year. And the research isn't hard to do, when you... you know... WATCH THE GAMES!

And I'm saying that playing a tough or weak schedule doens't mean anything. Look at Florida last year. Florida didn't play anyone tough non-conference. But who won it all? And the post was really to prove that you really simply don't know sh|t because you continually bash on Ohio State saying they play no one every year, you continually bash on the Big Ten in general, because you say THEY play no one every year. And the research isn't hard to do, when you... you know... WATCH THE GAMES!

seriously- what is wrong with you? at the end of the year- FLA schedule was tough as hell bc of the SEC game, and quite frankly the SEC gets somewhat of a pass bc WE KNOW they are gona be tested in conference. The Big 10? please- they need to get outta conference in order to gauge where they are at.

- my point was combine OSU's soft NC + weak Big 10 = we have no idea how good they really are........

I watched the OSU/UW- they are solid, but honestly I wasn't that impressed, and they did not look like a National Title contender -

they did not look like a National Title contender -

:D

They don't but you thought USC did? You are clueless , the BUCKS have the nations best defense and are playing lights out. This D is the best i've ever seen at OSU, and that says plenty. This D is capable of taking them to a NC win. The O just needs to keep growing and they'll make believers out of everyone.

All we heard in '02 , is how we were lucky, well we lucked our way to the NC and won as a huge underdog. We played close games all season, escaping very narrowly in 6 or 7 games, we didn't have a good non-conference schedule that year either. This season our defense is better, our offense is better then that year with Krenzel and our schedule is the same. :D

:D

They don't but you thought USC did? You are clueless , the BUCKS have the nations best defense and are playing lights out. This D is the best i've ever seen at OSU, and that says plenty. This D is capable of taking them to a NC win. The O just needs to keep growing and they'll make believers out of everyone.

All we heard in '02 , is how we were lucky, well we lucked our way to the NC and won as a huge underdog. We played close games all season, escaping very narrowly in 6 or 7 games, we didn't have a good non-conference schedule that year either. This season our defense is better, our offense is better then that year with Krenzel and our schedule is the same. :D

reading comprehsion Mike- I stated USC was overrated as well.

USC is still better than OSU though...... and would be favored on a neutral field.

yer clueless. You bet yo ass USC would be favored over OSU-

Your way off, OSU would be a 3 pt favorite at least. :D

USC would be fortunate to put up 14 points on this defense. USC loses another 2 games this season, and you actually can say they'd be favored against the BUCKS :D

Your way off, OSU would be a 3 pt favorite at least. :D

USC would be fortunate to put up 14 points on this defense. USC loses another 2 games this season, and you actually can say they'd be favored against the BUCKS :D

you have it backwards. OSU wouldn't score on USC- theif offense is average at best.

So let me get this straight, Auburn, could very likely beat LSU who got exposed 2 straight weeks, and now face an Auburn team who has EASILY the fastest defense they've faced thus far this year, and USF beat Auburn in Auburn, what will that say about LSU?

Can you say Fastest offense Auburn has faced this season? 30 points/488 total offense :D

Should the kid who took Dorsey out of the game be applauded or suspended?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlHdxUNc3kM

Well, since no one kicked the ever-loving snot out of him, I'd say a suspension is in order. That's as dirty a play as they come. I'll go further to say that if it affects Dorsey's draft status, you'll see a lawsuit.