[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Javon out 6 weeks?

Randall

Javon Walker underwent successful arthroscopic knee surgery Friday. The surgeon estimated Walker will be back in six weeks.

That would put his estimated return date at Week 13 against Oakland. In fantasy leagues, we'd hold into Walker if at all possible while tracking his progress each week. While there's no guarantee he'll be back before the end of the season, Walker could also be a good WR2 for the fantasy playoffs. If you're desperate for immediate help, however, Walker can be dropped. Oct. 19 - 4:55 pm et

From Broncos.com

Wide receiver Javon Walker also underwent his knee surgery Friday morning in Houston.

“It went well,” Shanahan said. “How long is it going to be, I really don’t know. The doctor that operated on him estimated it at six weeks, so we’ll get a better feel probably in the next week or so.”

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mason/2007/1...ble-for-sunday/

I had Darrell Jackson on my team back in 2005, so I went and dug this up:

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/footbal...es/2005_10.html

Jackson returned in Week 15 and caught 6 passes for 72 yards and a TD which helped me advance to the championship game. He played sparingly in Week 16 with 3 catches for 34 yards and sat out Week 17 along with other Seahawks starters. In three playoff games, including the Super Bowl, he had 20 catches for 268 yards and 2 scores.

Walker and Jackson had their surgeries the same week. The initial estimated recovery time was also the same (4 to 6 weeks) but it sounds like DJax had more damage to be repaired than Walker did, so there's a very real possibility that Walker will be a factor during the last few weeks of the FFL season.

If he comes back in week 13, the Broncs final games are:

Oakland - #13 pass D, #26 overall D

KC - #7 pass D, #10 overall D

Houston - #15 pass D, #16 overall D

SD - #25 pass D, #14 overall D

Minn - #32 pass D, #25 overall D

With the exception of KC, the Broncos will be facing some lower ranked defenses at the end of the season. Additionally, the Bronco's defense can't stop anyone so they will have to score a lot of points. If Walker can come back this season he will have an opportunity to put up some good numbers. I am planning to try and keep him stashed on my bench, barring injuries/bye conflicts of course.