[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

let me say something about Champ Bailey

isleseeya

Deion: 188 games 53 INT 1331 yards 9 TDs

add to that 9 return TDs and 3 TDs as a WR

Champ: 131 games 40 INT 425 yards 4 TDs

Picks per game about even with Champ at .305 and Deion at .282, but look at the yards after the picks. Ridiculous. Deion was a game changer at the CB position. Champ isn't. That is my deciding factor...

Deion: 188 games 53 INT 1331 yards 9 TDs

add to that 9 return TDs and 3 TDs as a WR

Champ: 131 games 40 INT 425 yards 4 TDs

NIght Train Lane - 68 int, 1207 yd, 5 td in 157 games.

And while Champ is a good, solid tackler, Night Train was FEARED.

NIght Train Lane - 68 int, 1207 yd, 5 td in 157 games.

And while Champ is a good, solid tackler, Night Train was FEARED.

Not to take away from Night Train, but he feared mostly for clothes-lining WRs. That's highly-illegal in today's game.

Deion may have been the best in coverage, but Champ is a better overall corner. He tackles well and is even effective in run support.

I always thought Woodson was a smidge overrated - but that said, he was a complete player, excellent in run support AND a very good corner. I just always noticed that he could be exploited in coverage fairly often - though I'd guess that was because he was a bit of a gambler (in Brett Favre's first start, he got torched for 2 tds - deep by Sharpe and by Robert Brooks on a corner route).

Also had great impact as a PR - though I disagree with Royal that impact at other positions comes into play when you're talking about CB; if you're talking as a pure football player, then I can see discussing it.

Dick "Night Train" Lane

And if you liked that one, what about Sammy Baugh, in 1943 he led the league in INT's and was second in passing yardage, plus played HB and FB, punted and kicked. Baugh was the 1st to record 4 INT's in a game. (1943)

Please don't forget Paul Kraus either, who excelled in the 60's

Please don't forget Paul Kraus either, who excelled in the 60's

Krause was a safety - and was denigrated for not doing his share in run support (of course, the argument could be made that with Eller, Page, Marshall, and that other dude up there, who needs help?) and just sitting back and playing centerfield. Obviously 81 ints speak for themselves, but I don't think he's really in the upper echelon of safeties.