[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you think this is fair?

djmatt

In my league there is no trades. The commish set it up that way, because every year the league has problems with every trade. Whether its fair or not.

I say unless collusion if proven all trades must go through regardless of how it effects other teams. So this year me and this other team are in last place, and we have 1st and 2nd claims on the waiver wire. He needs a QB and I need a receiver. I wanted TJ Houschmandzadeh and gave him a choice of Kitna, Anderson Or Hasselback. He took Hasselback. So we both waived those guys. now the league commish is saying it is not fair. What do you guys think?

Edited by djmatt

In my league there is no trades. The commish set it up that way, because every year the league has problems with every trade. Whether its fair or not.

I say unless collusion if proven all trades must go through regardless of how it effects other teams. So this year me and this other team are in last place, and we have 1st and 2nd claims on the waiver wire. He needs a QB and I need a receiver. I wanted TJ Houschmandzadeh and gave him a choice of Kitna, Anderson Or Hasselback. He took Hasselback. So we both waived those guys. now the league commish is saying it is not fair. What do you guys think?

I think you need to find another league.

Seriously.

It's probably not right, but I would probably have done the same thing. You need to vote in trades. I am commissioner in two leagues and I have the sole responsibility of approving trades. There are plenty of trades that happen that I don't really like, but I have never vetoed one because, as you said, unless it is collusion it should go through.

I also have set up rules that once a player is mathematically eliminated, he may not make trades and any player that he releases may not be picked up by another team.

I'd pressure your commish to start allowing trades, this is a stupid rule.

Having no trades pretty much ruins the league in my opinion. But that's the way you all agreed to play it. You colluded with another owner to try to circumvent the rules that you all agreed to play by. While I symapthize for your situation, what you did was wrong. If I were you I would play out the current year as best you can (even though you are in last place). But I would also send out an email to the entire league letting them know that if the current rules regarding no trades does not change after this season ends, that you will not be returning next season. Don't make it a threat... just a matter of fact. If they all like playing with no trades, then you are just the odd man out... no hard feelings. That way they have plenty of time to find your replacement.

Having no trades pretty much ruins the league in my opinion. But that's the way you all agreed to play it. You colluded with another owner to try to circumvent the rules that you all agreed to play by. While I symapthize for your situation, what you did was wrong. If I were you I would play out the current year as best you can (even though you are in last place). But I would also send out an email to the entire league letting them know that if the current rules regarding no trades does not change after this season ends, that you will not be returning next season. Don't make it a threat... just a matter of fact. If they all like playing with no trades, then you are just the odd man out... no hard feelings. That way they have plenty of time to find your replacement.

Actually everyone in my league wants trades, but the commish can't seem to overlook on how it effects his own team. As for the rules, your right there is no trades, but there is a gray area that was takin advantage of. I wouldn't call it cheating. A new league next year may be in the works.

Disagree.

To me, this is a perfect use of a loophole.

There are plenty of trades that happen that I don't really like, but I have never vetoed one because, as you said, unless it is collusion it should go through.

Disagree.

Collusion is NOT the only reason to disallow trades.

I'm a commish myself but there gave been trades made by relative newcomers to FF that are just bad trades affecting the integrity of the league that I have overturned. everyone in the league agreed and we moved on.

And even though we don't really need or use it, we do have a "dumbass trade" rule under which I can overturn. I don't ever use it unless a bunch of guys contact me and say - "what the F is with that"?

Disagree.

I'm a commish myself but there gave been trades made by relative newcomers to FF that are just bad trades affecting the integrity of the league that I have overturned. everyone in the league agreed and we moved on.

And even though we don't really need or use it, we do have a "dumbass trade" rule under which I can overturn. I don't ever use it unless a bunch of guys contact me and say - "what the F is with that"?

I agree with the dumbass trades also, that goes without saying, but when your commish doesn't let a trade go through when your in second place and he's in first for selfish reasons....thats crap

Disagree.

I think that if you can convince someone it is a good trade then that is a skill that you have over other people. If some "newbie" wants to join a league where money is involved and does not want to research and pay attention to something he vested his money he deserves to be taken advantage of. It is the american way...crush the ignorant guy and take all their money :D

Edit to add: Leave that league after this year and join one that allows trades!! What is the fun of fantasy sports without allowing trades!

Edited by SMF

what is your definition of collusion? :D

Collusion is two or more people doing something together to the detriment of one or more others, typically with a bad motive involved. You want to do something with others to hurt another team in your league. That is collusion.

Bingo

Actually everyone in my league wants trades, but the commish can't seem to overlook on how it effects his own team. As for the rules, your right there is no trades, but there is a gray area that was takin advantage of. I wouldn't call it cheating. A new league next year may be in the works.

You either need a new league or a new commish

What he said. I think trades are important in any league, especially if you can have your pathetic RB situation rescued by another owner wanting one of your WRs....... :D

Not allowing trades is BS and opens the door for owners to find ways around it just like you did. I applaud your move and would have done the same thing. That is, if I had stayed in a league that did not allow trades in the first place.

What he said. I think trades are important in any league, especially if you can have your pathetic RB situation rescued by another owner wanting one of your WRs....... :D

Yes... some trades can rescue a pathetic RB situation, other trades simply mire the owner in a head-scratching RBBC decision each week. :D

Collusion is two or more people doing something together to the detriment of one or more others, typically with a bad motive involved. You want to do something with others to hurt another team in your league. That is collusion.

The bolded part is the definition of a good trade.

Two or more teams doing something together, ie trading players amongst each other, to the detriment of one or more others, ie, both teams have made a trade that they feel improves their team, thus it is to the detriment of the other teams in the league.