[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BCS rankings

BS Miscreant

As I have been getting over the physical illness that Thursday night's game caused me I began to pine over how far USF will drop in the polls. This got me looking at the rankings and who is playing today and it became clear to me that there is great potential for this weekend to make an even bigger mess of the BCS.

How do you see things going today and what will the polls look like Sunday?

To get this started, here are some questions I've been pondering...

If 2 loss Fla beat #7 Ken, how many 1 loss teams will they jump?

If LSU lose to Auburn will USF stay ranked ahead of them?

If WVU win today, will they jump USF?

If VT beat BC, how high do they climb? How far does BC drop?

How far do OSU drop if they slip up today?

Anyway, some interesting scenarios in what I see as very realistic possibilities. I think it's gonna be a fun Saturday. I may watch 10-12 hours of football today. Better restock the fridge.

The Bayou Bengals could very well be #1 after today. But then again, they could be #13.

Obviously a very important game for LSU today since they have a much needed bye next weekend after playing 5 highly ranked teams so far this season. Good and bad news is once they return from the bye LSU goes on the road to face their old coach Nick Saban's Alabama Crimson Tide. Talk about a great storyline if LSU comes into Bryant Denny Stadium #1. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

Teams in the mix that should win today:

3:30 PM Michigan State at #1 Ohio State

12:30 PM #5 Oklahoma at Iowa State

12:30 PM Vanderbilt at #6 South Carolina

3:30 PM Mississippi State at #9 West Virginia

7:37 PM #10 Oregon at Washington

3:30 PM #12 California at UCLA

5:30 PM #13 Kansas at Colorado

3:30 PM #14 USC at Notre Dame

Should win means, of course, that it'll probably be a boring game but a loss would likely be devastating to your ranking which makes it not so boring. I see 3-4 potential upsets there.

Teams in the mix that are a total crapshoot.

3:30 PM #15 Florida at #7 Kentucky

9:00 PM #17 Auburn at #4 LSU

I'll be watching very closely. Amazing how often the games of the week are SEC games.

12:30 PM #5 Oklahoma at Iowa State Close one

12:30 PM Vanderbilt at #6 South Carolina One Down

3:30 PM #12 California at UCLA Two Down

5:30 PM #13 Kansas at Colorado Still going and close

Should win means, of course, that it'll probably be a boring game but a loss would likely be devastating to your ranking which makes it not so boring. I see 3-4 potential upsets there.

3:30 PM #15 Florida at #7 Kentucky Three down

I'll be watching very closely. Amazing how often the games of the week are SEC games.

I'll check back later.

3:30 PM Michigan State at #1 Ohio State

12:30 PM #5 Oklahoma at Iowa State

12:30 PM Vanderbilt at #6 South Carolina

3:30 PM Mississippi State at #9 West Virginia

3:30 PM #12 California at UCLA

5:30 PM #13 Kansas at Colorado

3:30 PM #14 USC at Notre Dame

3:30 PM #15 Florida at #7 Kentucky

There isnt a dominant team in the SEC, parity reigns.

That's what makes it great year in and year out.

With OSU and BC reaping the benefits.

And yes this is often the unfortunate side effect.

There wasn't a dominant team in the SEC last year.

Florida does control its SEC destiny now. The South Carolina game worries me because the last two years SC has played us very tough (2 years ago they beat Florida; last year it came down to a couple of blocked kicks for a Florida win). I really would like to see Florida get another shot at LSU. However, it would not surprise me to see Florida experience another loss as our defense is so young and prone to mistakes. Woodson exposed our cornerbacks and if they don't get older in a hurry, other teams will do the same. I also have a dream that we can stop someone, once, on 4th down.

I'm still in somewhat shock about the Auburn-LSU game. I have nothing to say really other than congrats to LSU's players and pulling off the win, but is Les Miles that dumb? This actually will help LSU, and I'm convinced they'll get to the BCS title game now. They have a tester at Alabama, but they have too much talent for the Tide, I'd be shocked to see them lose that one, Arkansas MIGHT be tough, rivalry game, you never know, and then probably Florida in the SEC Title game, where SEC title rematches, are usually less than thrilling and usually go to the team that won the regular season game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't LSU in 2001 the only team to lose the regular season game, but win the rematch?

Wow! Talk about needing a bye week. I'm not talking about LSU players but us LSU fans. First S. Carolina, epic Florida game, triple OT Kentucky and now another close Auburn game. Bye week couldn't come at a better time with Alabama coming up next which looks to be for the SEC West championship.

Can't dwell on the LSU game much since I'm headed down to New Orleans for a noon KO, but just wanted to say Geaux Tigers & Who Dat! :D

As I have been getting over the physical illness that Thursday night's game caused me I began to pine over how far USF will drop in the polls. This got me looking at the rankings and who is playing today and it became clear to me that there is great potential for this weekend to make an even bigger mess of the BCS.

How do you see things going today and what will the polls look like Sunday?

To get this started, here are some questions I've been pondering...

If 2 loss Fla beat #7 Ken, how many 1 loss teams will they jump? None

If LSU lose to Auburn will USF stay ranked ahead of them? Silly silly question. LSU 30 Auburn 24

If WVU win today, will they jump USF? Of course they would since many pollsters believe WVU is the better team today. Should Stanford and Colorado be higher ranked than USC and OK?

If VT beat BC, how high do they climb? How far does BC drop? VT didn't play BC this weekend

How far do OSU drop if they slip up today? If OSU would have loss to a 3 TD underdog at home one would think the Bucks would have dropped out of the top 10.

Anyway, some interesting scenarios in what I see as very realistic possibilities. I think it's gonna be a fun Saturday. I may watch 10-12 hours of football today. Better restock the fridge.

One thing we can count on: the next few weeks will cause big changes to the current BCS standings, all up and down the board. Big one this week: USC v. OR. - should be a great one....

SC beats Oregon, Cal beats SC, SC beats Arz St, Cal beats Arz St :D That would be a perfect scenerio there.

chit, the way this year is goin- that might just happen. Those 4 will beat each other up

Agreed, unfortunately. We just waxed a team that counts UCLA as their only win, and UCLA just beat Cal. Who the hell knows from week to week who will beat who? Man, this is one year you simply cannot be putting money on college football...

This just in: the Trojans' first seven opponents are currently 14-34 overall; their next five are 27-8. However, USC is not the only team in this boat (ahem, calling Mr. Sun Devils, please pick up the red courtesy phone).......

If WVU win today, will they jump USF? Of course they would since many pollsters believe WVU is the better team today. Should Stanford and Colorado be higher ranked than USC and OK?

This Stanford/Colorado question is just plain dumb. Stanford and Colorado are 3-4 and 4-4 respectively. USF and WVU are both 6-1, WVU's loss being to USF. And let's not forget that USF has beaten them the last two years now so who's the better team?

If VT beat BC, how high do they climb? How far does BC drop? VT didn't play BC this weekend

My bad. Jumped the gun on that one.

This Stanford/Colorado question is just plain dumb. Stanford and Colorado are 3-4 and 4-4 respectively. USF and WVU are both 6-1, WVU's loss being to USF. And let's not forget that USF has beaten them the last two years now so who's the better team?

My bad. Jumped the gun on that one.

Auburn has beaten Florida the last few years as well, but the Gators continue to be ranked higher in the polls. Might not be fair, but alot of times it boils down to when a team loses. Don't worry too much about the rankings just yet, there's still alot of football to be played.

Doesn't WV play at Rutgers this weekend? WV loses that one and your Bulls are right back on top of them Mountaineers.

Auburn has beaten Florida the last few years as well, but the Gators continue to be ranked higher in the polls. Might not be fair, but alot of times it boils down to when a team loses. Don't worry too much about the rankings just yet, there's still alot of football to be played.

Doesn't WV play at Rutgers this weekend? WV loses that one and your Bulls are right back on top of them Mountaineers.

Yes they do...12 pm est.

Edited by The Wolf

That would be a much more interesting point if Auburn didn't have 3 losses to FLs 2 this season. It at least gives the pollster voting for Fla some point of contention. My point revolves entirely around the fact that USF and WVU have the same record.

And if WVU beat them you can certainly make a stronger case for the Mountaineers but if USF beat 6-1, #23 ranked UConn, you're now looking at two 7-1 teams with quality schedules, one of which beat the other head-to-head. Let's put it this way, no opinions involved, if USF and WVU win out then USF will win the Big East. Why? Because they beat WVU head-to-head.