[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oregon Ducks ......

theprofessor

After watching the Oregon Ducks again this weekend I'm convinced that they are the best :D team in the country. They do give up some points but it's only because they play a high risk defense trying to create turnovers with different blitz packages as they bring their safety's from all angles. From top to bottom there are no teams in college football that are as athletic as they are on offense and on defense. Their offensive line is great (460 yards rushing tonight) and they have one of the Top 3 running backs in college football in Jonathan Stewart. He can do it all, he's quick, can catch the ball out of the backfield and he is rarely, if ever, brought down with the first contact. Then you have Dennis Dixon at QB, who does an incredible job of hiding the ball with their misdirection and option plays and has a completion percentage of 70%.

I think they beat SC and Arizona St and if they can win out they should be in the NC game. :D

BTW, I hate the Ducks!

After watching the Oregon Ducks again this weekend I'm convinced that they are the best :D team in the country. They do give up some points but it's only because they play a high risk defense trying to create turnovers with different blitz packages as they bring their safety's from all angles. From top to bottom there are no teams in college football that are as athletic as they are on offense and on defense. Their offensive line is great (460 yards rushing tonight) and they have one of the Top 3 running backs in college football in Jonathan Stewart. He can do it all, he's quick, can catch the ball out of the backfield and he is rarely, if ever, brought down with the first contact. Then you have Dennis Dixon at QB, who does an incredible job of hiding the ball with their misdirection and option plays and has a completion percentage of 70%.

I think they beat SC and Arizona St and if they can win out they should be in the NC game. :D

BTW, I hate the Ducks!

I agree, Oregon is great. That Qb reminds me of Vince Young. Maybe its the upright way he runs. I want no part of them, that is for sure.

But Im not sure they can leapfrog teams, unless there are multiple more loses ahead of them.

They better shore up that defense in a hurry if they expect to beat the likes of Oklahoma, LSU, or Ohio State. Each with defenses that are far superior to any they have seen in the Pac 10, because defensively, they are average.

If you watch them on defense they are far better than "average". They have incredible talent on defense and I would put their corners up against any corners in the country but I think their front 7 needs to be able to stop the run better than they do. I personally don't think the 3 teams that you mention could hold Oregon under 38 points in any given game. The Ducks are about to face the best defense that they will face ALL year in USC so it will be interesting to see how that plays out. I believe that Oregon will beat the Trojans and I haven't picked a team to beat SC in 3 years!

There is no doubt that Oregon is both dynamic and exciting but lets not jump the gun here. They've only played one "good" team and they lost. And oh by the way, that "good" team has lost back-to-back games to Ore St and UCLA. Again, athletic and dangerous? Yes. But none of Ohio St, Oklahoma, or LSU could hold them under 38? That's just silly.

There is no doubt that Oregon is both dynamic and exciting but lets not jump the gun here. They've only played one "good" team and they lost. And oh by the way, that "good" team has lost back-to-back games to Ore St and UCLA. Again, athletic and dangerous? Yes. But none of Ohio St, Oklahoma, or LSU could hold them under 38? That's just silly.

huh? they are a fumlbe away form being undefeated.

they dummies Mich at the big house- and if they do run the table- they should be in the NC game.

They better shore up that defense in a hurry if they expect to beat the likes of Oklahoma, LSU, or Ohio State. Each with defenses that are far superior to any they have seen in the Pac 10, because defensively, they are average.

you could say the same thing about OSU and LSU- can they score enough to hang with Oregon?

?? LSU maybe- but the OSU offense is a joke, and there is no doubt in my mind that Oregon beats OSU.

oh yeah and wildcat, i truly hope you don't break your leg with all the bandwagon jumping you've been doing this year. First USC, then Cal, now Oregon. Pretty soon you'll have to make that big jump to LSU I'm sure.

what? I posted a few days ago that if Oregon runs the table they deserve a shot in the NC game? the only bandwagon jumping I do invlolves the Pac 10, doofus.

Other than that- I call it like I see it - and I see both LSU and OKlanoma as superior teams to OSU.

what? I posted a few days ago that if Oregon runs the table they deserve a shot in the NC game? the only bandwagon jumping I do invlolves the Pac 10, doofus.

Other than that- I call it like I see it - and I see both LSU and OKlanoma as superior teams to OSU.

Thats good to know that your admitted bandwagon jumping is only isolated within the Pac 10.

you could say the same thing about OSU and LSU- can they score enough to hang with Oregon?

?? LSU maybe- but the OSU offense is a joke, and there is no doubt in my mind that Oregon beats OSU.

Your a f'ing JOKE !

USC, then Cal, now Oregon ??? You jump on the britches of whatever wac10 team is hot that week.

Go root for you Wildcats and leave the big dogs alone. OSU Defense makes this team look average at best.

:D

Your a f'ing JOKE !

USC, then Cal, now Oregon ??? You jump on the britches of whatever wac10 team is hot that week.

Go root for you Wildcats and leave the big dogs alone. OSU Defense makes this team look average at best.

:D

TOS- I call it like I see it- Oregon is damn good. I have no love for OKL or LSU- but I can give them props for being good squads. As for yer Buckeyes? sorry not buying it

huh? they are a fumlbe away form being undefeated.

Exactly! Like I said, they played one "good" team(Cal) and they lost. Since that loss, that "good" team(Cal) has been beaten by two average teams.

they dummies Mich at the big house- and if they do run the table- they should be in the NC game.

Impressive! A week after App St. "dummies" Mich in the BigHouse.

I'm not beating anybody's ass about Oregon love here. I'm just saying, like Ohio St, they haven't beaten anyone to get excited about yet.

I'm not beating anybody's ass about Oregon love here. I'm just saying, like Ohio St, they haven't beaten anyone to get excited about yet.

Thanks for enlightening us all but this thread was never about Oregon's :D past schedule as much as it was about my opinion that Oregon is the best team in the country. Carry on.

Edited by theprofessor

Thanks for enlightening us all but this thread was never about Oregon's :D past schedule as much as it was about my opinion that Oregon is the best team in the country. Carry on.

:D How, exactly, is it that you can ascertain Oregon's greatness without evaluating the quality of their opponents? If you're going to feign boredom and I presume some sort of false sense of superiority then I recommend you bring more to the table than an opinion based on nothing more than "Wow, Oregon sure is exciting! They must be real good!"

:D How, exactly, is it that you can ascertain Oregon's greatness without evaluating the quality of their opponents? If you're going to feign boredom and I presume some sort of false sense of superiority then I recommend you bring more to the table than an opinion based on nothing more than "Wow, Oregon sure is exciting! They must be real good!"

Oregon has the 27th SOS- they have played a solid sched, not really sure where your coming on that point. With upcoming games against ASU and USC- I think will have a pretty clear idea of how good they are.

Show me where I said " Wow, Oregon sure is exciting! They must be real good." I'll wait.

Since you have a difficult time with comprehension I will go real slow ...... ready ........ "I think that the Oregon Ducks are the BEST team in college football." What a #uckin' :D

Show me where I said " Wow, Oregon sure is exciting! They must be real good." I'll wait.

Since you have a difficult time with comprehension I will go real slow ...... ready ........ "I think that the Oregon Ducks are the BEST team in college football." What a #uckin' :D

You didn't actually say " Wow, Oregon sure is exciting! They must be real good." I realize that. The scary thing is you don't recognize what some of us like to call paraphrasing. It's a helpful tool at times. Look it up. Anyway...

When you say things like this, "I think that the Oregon Ducks are the BEST team in college football", Along with things like this, "Thanks for enlightening us all but this thread was never about Oregon's past schedule as much as it was about my opinion that Oregon is the best team in the country." Those of us who are intelligent enough to notice start to ask questions like, " How, exactly, is it that you can ascertain Oregon's greatness without evaluating the quality of their opponents?" When you don't have an answer it makes your opinion sound an awful lot like, " Wow, Oregon sure is exciting! They must be real good."

Up to now I have haven't been mean-spirited and I don't feel as if I've been particulary, overly critical of your analysis, and I use that term loosely, of Oregon. I simply asked a question and made some inferences based on your defense of you initial statments. If your boyfriend or something plays for Oregon and that makes you especially sensitive on this topic, I apologize. But other than that I can only assume that your unwarranted and oh so clever attacks on me are due to the fact that you have no argument. Time will tell and Oregon may be great but for now...

Go ahead now, insult me in some fashion or throw some profanity my way. It's a whole lot easier than actually making or defending a point. Isn't it?

If USC can get the guys healthy that I think they can for this game, the big Ducks blowout that people are predicting will not only disappear, the Trojans could pull the big upset.

Yes, I agree we'll have our hands full with containing Mr. Dixon and crew; but if the Ducks D couldn't stop us last year when we had no run game, how can they stop us when we can run? And god forbid if we get to Dixon and hurt him. Then the Ducks are cooked...hmm...

Oregon has the 27th SOS- they have played a solid sched, not really sure where your coming on that point. With upcoming games against ASU and USC- I think will have a pretty clear idea of how good they are.

Perhaps BS Miscreant isn't as impressed with Oregon's SOS 27th ranking because his Bulls SOS is significantly tougher at 13th. However out of the top BCS contenders the Ducks do have a much better SOS than teams like Oklahoma, Ohio State, Arizona State and Boston College. We'll see if Oregon's tougher SOS helps them at all against USC who has an embarrassing SOS 120th ranking according to Colley's which is largerly due to ND's poor season.

I do find it interesting that Vegas has the Ducks only a 2 1/2 point favorite at home.

Edited by Rockerbraves

If USC can get the guys healthy that I think they can for this game, the big Ducks blowout that people are predicting will not only disappear, the Trojans could pull the big upset.

That just sounds weird.