[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

R Brown Injury

RJV

Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown hurt his right knee in Miami's Week 7 game with the Patriots and, according to FOX Sports, may have a torn ACL. Brown walked off the field and, after receiving attention on the sideline, walked to the locker room unassisted. He didn't return to the game. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that x-rays taken at the stadium were negative and he will undergo an MRI on Monday. "I tried to plant and it twisted up a little bit," said Brown, who leads the 0-7 Dolphins with 991 all-purpose yards. "Right now I'm just hoping it's nothing too serious. I guess I'll find out. Hopefully everything is alright. I feel pretty good and can put pressure on it . . . walk around a little bit. But you never know."

I dont feel so bad now trading him for M. Lynch. Way to many injuries this year in FF my god

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown hurt his right knee in Miami's Week 7 game with the Patriots and, according to FOX Sports, may have a torn ACL. Brown walked off the field and, after receiving attention on the sideline, walked to the locker room unassisted. He didn't return to the game. The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that x-rays taken at the stadium were negative and he will undergo an MRI on Monday. "I tried to plant and it twisted up a little bit," said Brown, who leads the 0-7 Dolphins with 991 all-purpose yards. "Right now I'm just hoping it's nothing too serious. I guess I'll find out. Hopefully everything is alright. I feel pretty good and can put pressure on it . . . walk around a little bit. But you never know."

I dont feel so bad now trading him for M. Lynch. Way to many injuries this year in FF my god

and i read it was possibly just a sprain....unfortunately anything prior to the MRI is just outright speculation at best.

as a RB owner I sure hope its just a minor sprain but with my luck i am sure its worse

Rumors, Brown DOES HAVE a torn ACL. According to CBS sportline Dave Richards:

Finally, if the rumors are true and Ronnie Brown has a torn ACL, the Dolphins are 100 percent headed for an 0-16 season, and their players should be avoided in Fantasy play. We'll know more on Brown in the coming days. And to make matters worse, they're going to fly to London next week to play the Giants, who are on a five-game winning streak and are playing amazing defense. Not a good time to be a Dolphin.

Edited by RJV

Its confirmed Brown DOES HAVE a torn ACL. According to CBS sportline Dave Richards:

Finally, if the rumors are true and Ronnie Brown has a torn ACL, the Dolphins are 100 percent headed for an 0-16 season, and their players should be avoided in Fantasy play. We'll know more on Brown in the coming days. And to make matters worse, they're going to fly to London next week to play the Giants, who are on a five-game winning streak and are playing amazing defense. Not a good time to be a Dolphin.

:D Doesn't that say "if the rummors are true"?

yeah....right now, just a rumor...but, tried and tried to trade ronnie brown this week, as i felt that his numbers would start going down......KICKING myself for not accepting this offer:

Steven Jackson and Welker for Brown and Cotchery...

at that point, jackson was still a week or so away, and that offense is BAD........!!!!

lets HOPE it is just rumors.....and that maybe he rests this week, doesnt travel to London, and has BYE next week

yeah....right now, just a rumor...but, tried and tried to trade ronnie brown this week, as i felt that his numbers would start going down......KICKING myself for not accepting this offer:

Steven Jackson and Welker for Brown and Cotchery...

at that point, jackson was still a week or so away, and that offense is BAD........!!!!

lets HOPE it is just rumors.....and that maybe he rests this week, doesnt travel to London, and has BYE next week

At the time, I wouldn't have accepted that offer either given how well Brown was playing. You made the right decision, it just may turn out badly if he's out for a long time.

Brown said after the game he didn't hear a pop, just twisted it up. Again, everything is speculation. I'm pretty pissed off because I will have low waiver priority and can't grab Chatman this week. Shoulda had him before! :D

Chatman won't be the answer either. He got his yards against an unmotivated Patriots D in 2nd half. They were not reacting to the ball like they were in first half when game mattered. YOu cannot take anything, and I mean anything from the 2nd half of that game yesterday. As a Brown owner, before he went down, I was excited about the yards he may get in 2nd half when Patriots take guys out and playing a D that did not care at that point

Rotoworld reports that he's done...

Ronnie Brown will reportedly miss the rest of the season after suffering a knee injury in Sunday's blowout loss to New England.

Miami running back Ronnie Brown will miss the rest of the season as a result of Sunday's knee injury, two sources said Monday. An MRI revealed enough damage Monday morning to declare Brown's season as done.

Details of the severity of the injury will be known shortly.

Brown, who was one of the only bright spots, has been forced to prematurely end the most successful year of his three-year career as a result of a play that occurred during the third quarter of Sunday's 49-28 loss to the Patriots.

Brown's knee buckled Sunday when he attempted to plant his foot during an interception return by Patriots cornerback Randall Gay. He left the game with 76 yards on 17 carries.

Before leaving Sunday's game, Brown had run for more than 100 yards during four consecutive games. He also had four touchdowns during that span.

The loss of Brown means the team will rely on running back Jesse Chatman as its starter against the Giants. Patrick Cobbs will serve as his backup, and third-round draft pick Lorenzo Booker could also be activated for the first time of his career.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/280290.html

Ronnie Brown will reportedly miss the rest of the season after suffering a knee injury in Sunday's blowout loss to New England.

And I was off to such a good start in my local. :D

Thanks for a great 7 games Ronnie (not being sarcastic)..Thats a tough break..I hope he recovers well ..With LJs bye and this news my backfield should look very imposing next week :D