[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could Watson become the starter in Cinci?

rai

Correct me if Im wrong, but I think it was to be expected as the Jets rush D kind of sucks. Anything less than a good performance would have Cinci looking for another backup RB.

When was the last time Rudi Johnson put up 3 td's and 130 plus yards? Cinci should stick with Watson. I know a player shouldn't loose his job to an injury but Johnson wasn't getting it done when he was healthy.

When was the last time Rudi Johnson put up 3 td's and 130 plus yards? Cinci should stick with Watson. I know a player shouldn't loose his job to an injury but Johnson wasn't getting it done when he was healthy.

Rudi didnt play the jets... Watson might cut in to his touches, but this is Rudi's job.

He did play the Browns in week 2 23-118 yards no TDS.
but he did have 4-33-1 TD receiving stats and we know Rudi isn't a threat as a receiver.

Besides, look at Watson's TD runs all <5yds and none of his runs over 12 yds. yep, sounds like an explosive runner. Me thinks it was the NYJ run defense that gave Watson his all-star game.

Edited by boat_hacked

anyone who has watched all the bengals games this season (and shared in the collective pain of doing so) should clearly see that watson has it over rudi this year. i think rudi tried to get leaner to increase his speed, but in doing so, he's lost his power. he never had really great moves, but he could hit the hole and use his power to make people miss. he doesn't seem to have gained any speed and now they are just bringing him down on the first hit. reminds me of how benson is running in chicago.

watson is much more dynamic. he can actually cut, and he's big enough to put some hurt on the defenders (not to mention being able to catch the ball).

i love chanting 'rudi, rudi!' in the stands as much as the next demented bengal fan, but i think he's done. yes, it was the jets, but watson made a lot of things happen yesterday.

even my 12 year old was going on about "now that's how we need to run the football! why doesn't rudi make any moves like that?"

Watson had a nice matchup. nothing more nothing less. a healthy Rudi would of torched this unit too.

I like Watson but he goes down on 1 hit way to often to give Cinci the consistant yardage they need from their running game.

That being said..not sure if Rudi will be 100% again this year..and if he is not than I would keep rolling with Watson.