[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So was it the QB or the WR?

keggerz

Just have to ask with all the Brady is God stuff that seems to be flying around I have to ask....

The 2 TD catches by Moss seemed to be VERY POOR PASSES...but GOD BRADY chucks it up and MOSS

made two SPECTACULAR CATCHES....so I ask what happens to other QBs that chuck it up like that and it

gets intercepted? They get crucified....good thing GOD TOM has the Freak to bail him out on bad throws/decisions

like that.

*DISCLAIMER* I did not see the game just some of the highlights

Edited by keggerz

so I ask what happens to other QBs that chuck it up like that and it

gets intercepted? They get crucified....*DISCLAIMER* I did not see the game just some of the highlights

I can see your point, but then I wonder: would Brady just chuck it up if anyone other than Moss was there to catch it? Brady has always been a good decision maker, and I doubt he would put it up for grabs unless he has a WR like Moss that wins those 50/50 battles 75% of the time.

Other QBs throw those passes without the benefit of a monster WR...shame on them for thinking they have a WR capable of winning those battles better than half the time.

That being said, Brady's stats are inflated this year by having the benefit of throwing TDs to Moss which, if not for him, would otherwise not be thrown. But they wouldn't be INTs, either...they just would never have been thrown.

Culpepper was notoriuos for this, and Moss made him look much better than he ever was....Brady was good before Moss. Culpepper has never been the same without him.

neither. it's the offensive line. he has so much freakin' time back there that he's completely relaxed, throwing flat-footed at times. teams are going to have to figure out how to get some pressure on him to have any shot.

Edited by tonorator

I can see your point, but then I wonder: would Brady just chuck it up if anyone other than Moss was there to catch it? Brady has always been a good decision maker, and I doubt he would put it up for grabs unless he has a WR like Moss that wins those 50/50 battles 75% of the time.

Other QBs throw those passes without the benefit of a monster WR...shame on them for thinking they have a WR capable of winning those battles better than half the time.

That being said, Brady's stats are inflated this year by having the benefit of throwing TDs to Moss which, if not for him, would otherwise not be thrown. But they wouldn't be INTs, either...they just would never have been thrown.

Culpepper was notoriuos for this, and Moss made him look much better than he ever was....Brady was good before Moss. Culpepper has never been the same without him.

concur

neither. it's the offensive line. he has so much freakin' time back there that he's completely relaxed, throwing flat-footed at times. teams are going to have to figure out how to get some pressure on him to have any shot.

Cassel was not able to step in and get the same results as Brady. Moss gives Brady options that other good QBs do not have... but obviously this team is built around Brady's abilities, not Moss'.

iTonorator nailed it....and with regards to Cassel...just how many starts has he had outside of HS? Cassel is most likely not an NFL caliber QB and the Pats better hope Brady doesnt get hurt.....but what was more telling to me was that BB doesnt really have that much faith in his DEFENSE...i mean he was worried so much that his D couldnt hold a 21 point 4th quarter lead with under 10 to go that he had to put Brady back in.

Just have to ask with all the Brady is God stuff that seems to be flying around I have to ask....

The 2 TD catches by Moss seemed to be VERY POOR PASSES...but GOD BRADY chucks it up and MOSS

made two SPECTACULAR CATCHES... AGAINST VERY POOR COVERAGE.

fixed

Those 2 catches by Moss were ridiculous yesterday..He has the best hands I have ever seen on a wr..Hes like a spider web..The ball gets near him and just sticks to him..I know his attitude can be crap at times but based on pure talent he is ridiculously good

You make a good point here. Brady is not known for throwing bad passes...but with Moss out there he is smart enough to know he can get away with it.

Brady was a great QB before Moss got there just as Moss was great before he came to the Patriots.together(along with their coaching and Line) they are like dynamite.

Is it possible for them to have 4 guys with at least 10 TD's? Moss/Welker/Stalworth/Watson

Those 2 catches by Moss were ridiculous yesterday..He has the best hands I have ever seen on a wr..Hes like a spider web..The ball gets near him and just sticks to him..I know his attitude can be crap at times but based on pure talent he is ridiculously good

:D rice and carter had better hands

made two SPECTACULAR CATCHES....so I ask what happens to other QBs that chuck it up like that and it

gets intercepted? They get crucified....good thing GOD TOM has the Freak to bail him out on bad throws/decisions

like that.

*DISCLAIMER* I did not see the game just some of the highlights

Did that look like offensive PI on Moss's second touchdown catch?

Agreed. they just did not have his jumping ability/speed or reach. they were stronger though and could make it happen over the middle better than Moss.

i don't think moss is faster than rice once the ball is caught.... also ran better routes and blocked better than the freak.

MOSS MADE NICE CATCHES

yes... those were great catches

:D rice and carter had better hands

I am a hugh Chris Carter fan..I cant argue you on these 2 guys..Both had glue hands as well..I never liked Rice much for the sheer amount of pain he caused me by burning my Boys all those years but I always respected his obvious tremendous abilities..Lately though the catches by Moss are nuts..Even the one that didnt count vs Dallas because of the slight bobble was impressive..

Did that look like offensive PI on Moss's second touchdown catch?

Just before the ball got to him he slapped one of the defenders hands out of the way so he could catch the ball. I dont know if this constitutes OPI but I saw what you were talking about.

i don't think moss is faster than rice once the ball is caught.... also ran better routes and blocked better than the freak.

I don't agree with the speed. Moss is if I am not mistaken is quite a bit faster than Rice was.

Rice was the better blocker and route runner though as well as the best WR ever. for now. :D

An inspired Moss can make a bad qb look good and a great qb look lethal..I think to answr Kegs question its definetly a combination of both players..I have seen wrs have mediocre years turn into great stat years because of a qb switch

this sums it up pretty nicely, IMO.