[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So was it the QB or the WR?

keggerz

Guys-

There comes a time when we all need to admit the truth and the truth is ...... Tom Brady is the best Quarterback in the NFL. :D:D

no disrespect to Mr. Brady, but Manning could do this with that offense.

isn't that what people said about Brady when Manning was breaking the TD passing record?

i'll put them in a tie for 1st.

I don't agree with the speed. Moss is if I am not mistaken is quite a bit faster than Rice was.

Rice was the better blocker and route runner though as well as the best WR ever. for now. :D

i have watched both of these guys over the duration of their careers. slant and gone= rice; fly pattern (and jumpballs)= moss

i have watched both of these guys over the duration of their careers. slant and gone= rice; fly pattern (and jumpballs)= moss

I have also watched both from start. and as far as I can tell there has never been a WR who is known as great as fast as Moss.

Rice was great.the best ever. but his strength /smarts and hands made him the best. not his speed.

Edited by Doc Holliday

I know he doesnt belong in the conversation with these guys but Driver runs a sweet slant..

Disclaimer: This post iis useless to this conversation. Nothing to see here..Please move on.

I know he doesnt belong in the conversation with these guys but Driver runs a sweet slant..

Disclaimer: This post iis useless to this conversation. Nothing to see here..Please move on.

yeah but no one runs the snort like Irvin

:D

I have also watched both from start. and as far as I can tell there has never been a WR who is known as great as fast as Moss.

Rice was great.the best ever. but his strength /smarts and hands made him the best. not his speed.

you are gravely mistaken...rice was quick and fast.

you are gravely mistaken...rice was quick and fast.

It aint like I said he was slow. don't confuse me saying Moss is faster than Rice with me saying Rice was slow. Rice could run..and you hit the nail on the head when you said he was quick. he was very quick. but as far as speed goes, Moss is just faster.

Brady did have all day to throw the ball, I watched about half the game and he had hardly any pressure on him.. Moss will go thru a BAD 2-3 game stretch after he catches a ball ONE HANDED and makes the highlight reel on ESPN. He did this while in Minny and everybody was OOOHHH AAAHHH LOOK AT THAT !!! Then he thought he could do it every game. Brady can make bad throws to Moss and with a little pushing and shoving (on both sides) he will come away with 75% of the balls.

N.E. does have that F-YOU attitude this year, up 35-7 with 90 seconds left before half they go for more and just run down the field and make it 42-7.. I have been a lifelong Dolphins fans and the undefeated thing is nice but it is in reach this year.. Brady just has to many weapons this year.

It aint like I said he was slow. don't confuse me saying Moss is faster than Rice with me saying Rice was slow. Rice could run..and you hit the nail on the head when you said he was quick. he was very quick. but as far as speed goes, Moss is just faster.

see, for a fly route, give me moss. for everything else give me rice...... and rice had his share of bombs too.

Brady did have all day to throw the ball, I watched about half the game and he had hardly any pressure on him.. Moss will go thru a BAD 2-3 game stretch after he catches a ball ONE HANDED and makes the highlight reel on ESPN. He did this while in Minny and everybody was OOOHHH AAAHHH LOOK AT THAT !!! Then he thought he could do it every game. Brady can make bad throws to Moss and with a little pushing and shoving (on both sides) he will come away with 75% of the balls.

N.E. does have that F-YOU attitude this year, up 35-7 with 90 seconds left before half they go for more and just run down the field and make it 42-7.. I have been a lifelong Dolphins fans and the undefeated thing is nice but it is in reach this year.. Brady just has to many weapons this year.

I agree that Brady had all day to throw. I am not sure I ever seen a QB have so much time in a single game. but IMO the only thing that keeps a healthy Moss from producing is if he draws so much coverage they pick the other team apart with Stalworth/Welker and Watson.

Brady said it best himself.

''Those guys are making the plays,'' Tom Brady said. ''I'm just throwing it. They're making my job awful easy.''

Brady has the record of being a very good NFL QB for much of his career with a very pedestrian supporting cast. He now has a very good supporting cast and they are just making it look really easy. Of course, that's the sign of a great player, making it look easy.

Brady wouldn't just "throw it up" if Moss wan't on the other end. The amount of trust these two have for eachother already is very impressive.

I'd put Brady in my top 10 right now, probably in the bottom 5, but he's still young and has time to move up.

''Those guys are making the plays,'' Tom Brady said. ''I'm just throwing it. They're making my job awful easy.''

Brady has the record of being a very good NFL QB for much of his career with a very pedestrian supporting cast. He now has a very good supporting cast and they are just making it look really easy. Of course, that's the sign of a great player, making it look easy.

Brady wouldn't just "throw it up" if Moss wan't on the other end. The amount of trust these two have for eachother already is very impressive.

I'd put Brady in my top 10 right now, probably in the bottom 5, but he's still young and has time to move up.

I agree with this.

IMO Brady COULD be top 10 someday, but I don't think he makes the top 5 ever. I could not say without a doubt he is better than; Montana (Undisputed #1) and in no particular order - Elway, Marino, Unitas, Manning, Young, Favre to name several, to move them out of the top 5. I think Brady will be somewhere between 10-15 when it is all said and done and yes of course this is very debatable, its just my opinion.

IMO Brady COULD be top 10 someday, but I don't think he makes the top 5 ever. I could not say without a doubt he is better than; Montana (Undisputed #1) and in no particular order - Elway, Marino, Unitas, Manning, Young, Favre to name several, to move them out of the top 5. I think Brady will be somewhere between 10-15 when it is all said and done and yes of course this is very debatable, its just my opinion.

Our opinions don't differ much, we are talking about the creme de la creme and the difference between the top 1-20 QBs of all time is marginable and very debatable.

If Brady puts a few more rings on his finger and another 5 years of solid football under his belt his supporters will have alot of debating material.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are truly great QBs and we are very fortunate to be able to watch them on Sunday.

Really. How did the Pats do when he was taken out in the 3rd quarter?

umm you mean with a QB that has all of 18 completions in 34 attempts in 3 NFL season and is that the same QB that NEVER started a single game in college at the QB position?

Our opinions don't differ much, we are talking about the creme de la creme and the difference between the top 1-20 QBs of all time is marginable and very debatable.

If Brady puts a few more rings on his finger and another 5 years of solid football under his belt his supporters will have alot of debating material.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are truly great QBs and we are very fortunate to be able to watch them on Sunday.

I won't argue with you there.

I do think Tom Brady is a very good QB, I just happen to think Peyton Manning and the others I listed earlier fall into the "great" catagory, again my opinion, and we could probably start a whole new thread on what qualifies as great, top 5 / 10 etc.

And yes, either way we are very fortunate to watch these guys play Sunday, even more so when they play each other, hopefully twice this year.

What does that have to do with Tom Brady being in the top 5 or 10 best QB's of all time??

umm you mean with a QB that has all of 18 completions in 34 attempts in 3 NFL season and is that the same QB that NEVER started a single game in college at the QB position?

well said keggerz

I am a hugh Chris Carter fan..I cant argue you on these 2 guys..Both had glue hands as well..I never liked Rice much for the sheer amount of pain he caused me by burning my Boys all those years but I always respected his obvious tremendous abilities..Lately though the catches by Moss are nuts..Even the one that didnt count vs Dallas because of the slight bobble was impressive..

You can't be too big of a fan if you don't know his name is spelled Cris!