[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattle Foodies (Or anyone in the know)

cre8tiff

In Seattle this week. I need a restaurant for Wednesday.

Fresh seafood a must, will go with Med, Asian, or other cuisine that uses fresh ingredients that aren't cooked to death.

Liked Etta's, but I am going there already one night.

Would prefer in/near downtown.

Not afraid to spend some money at all.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A good friend or mine is the GM at The Waterfront at Pier 70. I had really nice meal there but am honestly not sure if I was getting better than their usual.

That said, knowing him, I'm sure the service and beverage program are solid and I doubt he'd put up with bad food. Perhaps not hugely innovative but it should be pretty nice fish.

I would have definitely suggested the Met if not for the Seafood part. Its a great steak restaurant but they don't even offer much for seafood (outside Lobster).

If you're already eating at Etta's (which IMO is better for breakfast than dinner), you might not want to go to another Tom Douglas restaurant, but Dahlia Lounge is very good NW cuisine. Lots of seafood there. It's actually not my favorite place but I've been told that I'm crazy and it definitely is worth a visit.

If you want to go top shelf, Canlis is great NW cuisine: The only restaurant I know of that requires jacket & tie in Seattle.

I could go on....in fact, I have:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=130035

My personal favorite Asain fusion seafood restaurant is Wild Ginger- Chliean Sea Bass is fantastic - maybe not all the seafood choices you may want- but everything is good there.

can't go wrong with Canlis

Anthony's on the pier is very good.

I was just going to mention this. I haven't been there before, but I have heard countless good things about it from people who live in Seattle.

McCormacks Fish House and Bar, Downtown on 4th. Good fresh seafood, changes daily, 30 seafood choices 80 different preperations. Solid place, great informative waitstaff(they know their seafood). If you go let me know as the GM is a golfing buddy of mine.

Have had the New Zealand Grouper and the Alaskan Halibut and loved it

My personal favorite Asain fusion seafood restaurant is Wild Ginger- Chliean Sea Bass is fantastic - maybe not all the seafood choices you may want- but everything is good there.

can't go wrong with Canlis

Anthony's on the pier is very good.

Wild Ginger has definately gone down hill the past several years IMO which is too bad. Seems they read the good press and it got to thier heads as far as service and taste at times. Used to be my absolute favorite until a very unfortunate and disgusting incident I witnessed while dining there last time.

Wild Ginger has definately gone down hill the past several years IMO which is too bad. Seems they read the good press and it got to thier heads as far as service and taste at times. Used to be my absolute favorite until a very unfortunate and disgusting incident I witnessed while dining there last time.

find a g-string in your salad?

Complete change in ownership & management.

I dunno- While I loved the charm of the original location. It has definitely changed, no question, but I have still never had anything but a great meal there.

Dude, your cat was named Cpt. Fuzzy Butt. My apologies for the timing considering the recent loss but...

His cat was named Blackjack...Cpt Fuzzy Butt was a probably a nickname like the one I gave your wife after.....

Edited by twiley