[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Addai....!

chinatown dragons

Addai does carry the ball inside the 5 but their roles seem to be evolving.

You're making this statement after one game? :D

It's worth watching, but I would wait to claim that there's evidence of a trend... especially when Addai is in his first game back from an injury.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Methinks we have ourselves a new RRBC in town. Guess Keith impressed someone when Addai was hurt. :D

Without reading another word in this post, this is exactly what I was telling my buddy while we were watching the game. The fact he impressed and the fact Addai got dinged in the first place. They saw they had a guy who could handle some work and I would think that ya, Addai will still be a stud, but just not quite as studly as he might have been had he not got hurt and Keith play as well as he did.

I actually thought Keith looked very mediocre. Addai is dinged and coming back from injury. He'll claim back most of the carries i afew games if healthy.

More elling was Keith almost got Manning killed on 2 plays. That won't be tolerated.

It's not like Addai is a great blocker. He's good, but not great.

Bottom line is that for better or worse, Kenton Keith will get a decent amount of work - enough that Addai owners will notice it anyway.

Kenton Keith is a servicable backup and does a good job when given opportunity....but when Addai is healthy, Keith isn't going to put a dent into Addai's carries or redzone touches. I think the Colts were just being cautious with Addai....he was taking the full load early on this year and his running style is going to be tough on him physically, he finishes off runs...and takes some shots. The Colts want him to remain healthy for when they REALLY need him.

Good info here.

Not so sure about this....remember, before the season started, Dungy said he'd love to have similar backfield to last year of Addai and Rhodes.....but didnt bring in a veteran......when Addai went down for one game, and Keith had his HUGE game, think Dungy found what he is looking for.......I can see for the rest of the season, Addai and Keith splitting carries, with Addai getting a little bit more....but, feel the days of the 25 carries for Addai this season may be gone......with Brown OUT and Gore struggling, this is just what I need!!!

ONLY needed 5 pts last night......Manning calls his own number....Keith pilfers a TD........lose by 2.....

Not so sure about this....remember, before the season started, Dungy said he'd love to have similar backfield to last year of Addai and Rhodes.....but didnt bring in a veteran......when Addai went down for one game, and Keith had his HUGE game, think Dungy found what he is looking for.......I can see for the rest of the season, Addai and Keith splitting carries, with Addai getting a little bit more....but, feel the days of the 25 carries for Addai this season may be gone......with Brown OUT and Gore struggling, this is just what I need!!!

ONLY needed 5 pts last night......Manning calls his own number....Keith pilfers a TD........lose by 2.....

Good info here.

(that's what happens when you draft a throwing team's running back)

the Keith i saw dropped passes, missed blocks and looked pretty mediocre. Obviously, we are going to see Keith get more carries, but i can't imagine Dungy turning this into a RBBC.

he runs hard, but yeah, not the best hands and not the best blocker...Addai is a much better back...

he runs hard, but yeah, not the best hands and not the best blocker...Addai is a much better back...

Look at the yds/carry differential last night. It's not even close. And consider that Addai still isn't 100%.

Keith will get his share of carries, but I don't see him getting half of the load in every game... unless the Colts are up by three scores in the 4th quarter of every game and are just trying to milk the clock.

Addai will still be the main man but he's nothing special. He's just in a good situation.

Uh, I'd say that Addai's certainly better than average. He's not Tomlinson, but he's not Rudi Johnson or Cedric Benson, either. His offensive system certainly DOES help him, but the guy's still got some serious skills.

Uh, I'd say that Addai's certainly better than average. He's not Tomlinson, but he's not Rudi Johnson or Cedric Benson, either. His offensive system certainly DOES help him, but the guy's still got some serious skills.

QUOTE(xenophobe @ Oct 24 2007, 06:41 PM) *

I don't agree that there isn't a big drop off with Keith in there. And I don't think you can simply look at the numbers to make the case. Back up RBs often don't get the same focus when their on the field as the starters. Keith performed well in the week Addai was out, but defenses have less film to study on him and I can't exactly believe TB was very concerned with shutting down Indi's back up RB. From my observation I think there is a big drop off.

I never said the offense was bad with Keith in there. Keith is a quality back up, we agree. But they split nearly 50/50 this past week. Who knows what the ratio will be going forward, but if that's the idea moving forward, I think that's a disservice to the offense. Not that it'll impact me as I don't own either, but that's my thinking.

I have the opportunity to trade Addai/Andre Johnson for Lendale White/Reggie Wayne.

I'm 7-0. Here's the rest of my team.

Griese, Kitna

Addai, LJ, Gore, Selvin Young

Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Derrick Mason, Kevin Curtis, Marty Booker

Cooley

I'm a lock for the playoffs, and am just trying to build for the championship. Andre Johnson has Champ Bailey and Indianapolis in weeks 15 and 16. Course, Wayne won't do me much good either if he's resting on the bench too long to put up any numbers.

Opinions? Why?