[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whatever happend to Harrison?

efranklin

He is clearly not Peyton's #1 receiver anymore. It sucks because I am in a close match up right now and I have Harrison and my opponent has Wayne. Wayne is getting all the looks. Not only that but Wayne has gotten most of the looks all year long. I was so happy to draft Harrison this year but as of right now he is the worst receiver on my team. Even Ronald Curry has better numbers!!!! :D:D:wacko:

He is clearly not Peyton's #1 receiver anymore. It sucks because I am in a close match up right now and I have Harrison and my opponent has Wayne. Wayne is getting all the looks. Not only that but Wayne has gotten most of the looks all year long. I was so happy to draft Harrison this year but as of right now he is the worst receiver on my team. Even Ronald Curry has better numbers!!!! :D:D:wacko:

I'm with ya. Regardless of the fact that I am in the same EXACT position as you (have Harrison, against Wayne)...But I have picked up on this also. Wayne seems to have taken over as the main guy this year. I've heard talk of this happening for the past few years, but it never seemed to come about. I guess this is the year. Harrison just doesn't seem to be targeted as much as Wayne, and definitely not as much as in the past thanks to Clark.

Oh well! THIS SUCKS!

He isn't wrong. Wayne has very slowly been supplanting Marvin since the start of 2006.

Negative. Any CB in the league will tell you that Marvin is still one of toughest guys to cover in the league, and definitely on the Colts. I actually thought that Wayne would surpass him 2 years ago as THE #1 for Peyton, but it hasn't happened yet. Barring injury...even this year Marvin looked to be the #1 guy. Maybe Marvin being nicked up a bit has everyone thinking Wayne is the #1 now. I have followed this situation closely for the past few years, and Wayne is my favorite WR in the league....but he hasn't "supplanted" Marvin yet. He is the best #2 WR in the league...and when Marvin goes...he and Peyton will enjoy many more years of success in this offense. Marvin is always covered by the opposing team's best CB, and Wayne benefits from his presence. Wayne is much more physical guy, and makes some huge plays for the Colts, that honestly Marvin can't make. They each have their strengths, and are 2 great WRs.....but Marvin isn't second fiddle..........yet. When all the chips are down....I can assure you Peyton is looking for #88 first...... every time.

Edited by Hitman

Negative. Any CB in the league will tell you that Marvin is still one of toughest guys to cover in the league, and definitely on the Colts. I actually thought that Wayne would surpass him 2 years ago as THE #1 for Peyton, but it hasn't happened yet. Barring injury...even this year Marvin looked to be the #1 guy. Maybe Marvin being nicked up a bit has everyone thinking Wayne is the #1 now. I have followed this situation closely for the past few years, and Wayne is my favorite WR in the league....but he hasn't "supplanted" Marvin yet. He is the best #2 WR in the league...and when Marvin goes...he and Peyton will enjoy many more years of success in this offense. Marvin is always covered by the opposing team's best CB, and Wayne benefits from his presence. Wayne is much more physical guy, and makes some huge plays for the Colts, that honestly Marvin can't make. They each have their strengths, and are 2 great WRs.....but Marvin isn't second fiddle..........yet. When all the chips are down....I can assure you Peyton is looking for #88 first...... every time.

Look again. I said "slowly supplanting", not supplanted. It's in the process. I'm not so sure about Peyton looking for 88 first every time either.

Look again. I said "slowly supplanting", not supplanted. It's in the process. I'm not so sure about Peyton looking for 88 first every time either.

OK. The guy said Harrison clearly isn't Peyton's #1 WR anymore. I said he was wrong. YOU said he wasn't wrong. :D Wayne will be the #1 in this offense....but not yet. When Harrison isn't 100% health wise? Well....yes. But, as you mentioned it is "in progress"...but it didn't exactly start last year....it started when Wayne arrived. I didn't say he looks for Harrison first everytime either. In key situations, Peyton will still look for Marvin first.

I don't think Marvin is back to 100% yet.......but his impact on this game is that the best CB on the other team is was still guarding him.

edit: Marvin on the sidelines

2006 #s:

88: 95 for 1366 and 12 TDs

87: 86 for 1310 and 9 TDs

Edited by Hitman

OK. The guy said Harrison clearly isn't Peyton's #1 WR anymore. I said he was wrong. YOU said he wasn't wrong. :D Wayne will be the #1 in this offense....but not yet. When Harrison isn't 100% health wise? Well....yes. But, as you mentioned it is "in progress"...but it didn't exactly start last year....it started when Wayne arrived. I didn't say he looks for Harrison first everytime either. In key situations, Peyton will still look for Marvin first.

I don't think Marvin is back to 100% yet.......but his impact on this game is that the best CB on the other team is was still guarding him.

edit: Marvin on the sidelines

2006 #s:

88: 95 for 1366 and 12 TDs

87: 86 for 1310 and 9 TDs

Point taken. Good use of stats too. BTW, I do own Harrison i one league and don't own Wayne in any. :D

Those stats sure do look like receivers 1 and 1A.......

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I think the wrong thing is being discussed here. It isn't so much a matter of Harrison v Wayne, rather a matter of Indy not really throwing the ball all over the yard like they used to. Manning has, what, 11 TDs in 7 games? He's also got rather pedestrian yardage totals. That's hardly fun and gun.

Defense and a solid running game are much more important to this team than it was in the past. This isn't a knock on Manning and Co. and I think they might be the best version of the Indy Colts we've seen of late. Considering that they've had to play a much tougher schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if the wrong AFC team is getting all the SB hype right now.

It reminds me a bit of watching the Niners back in the 80s when all the talk was about Montana and Rice. However, those guys weren't putting up silly numbers week in and week out. They were great when they needed to be but won many games 21-17 because of a pretty stout D that was loaded with playmakers and perhaps the best secondary ever (I think one year 3 of them started in the pro bowl). Now, I'm saying Indy's D is that good, but it's not the turn-style it used to be.

Edited to add: Another point to prove this fact is that even Wayne, the guy who is allegedly stealing all those looks is only a borderline #1 FF WR himself so far this year. He's ranked #11 in avg pts per game in my league (with very standard scoring). More importantly, he's back at a tier where he's only marginally outscoring the next 9 guys. Now considering that both Marvin and Wayne were top 10 WRs going into this year and only one of them is even close, speaks more of the passing game as whole (well, and the emergence of D Clark) than it does about who between those two is now the man.

Edited by detlef

What's the big deal here? Haven't we all been wondering when age would catch up to Marvin? Maybe it's not so much age as it is the injury, either way it's happening. We see it all the time, Marvin has maybe 2 years left in the tank IMO, but I'd bet he still ends up close to Wayne at seasons end.

I'm willing to say that these few weeks of drop offs are much ado about nothing and he still ends with 1200 yards and 10 TDs by year's end. Barring this injury lingers and the Colts run away with the division (and he gets rested) which they will not.

A 6 week stretch is a blip on this guy's career. ::D

Defense and a solid running game are much more important to this team than it was in the past. This isn't a knock on Manning and Co. and I think they might be the best version of the Indy Colts we've seen of late.

+1

They won last year by stepping it up defensively and controlling the clock with a power running game on offense. That's a formula for success and I'm glad to see that they're sticking with it and, most importantly, executing it well.

The other obvious (to me, at least) reason that Peyton isn't whipping the ball all over the field is that their line hasn't been playing as well this year. They're still above average, but Peyton isn't getting as much time in the pocket as he's gotten in years past. Hopefully they'll be able to work that out in November and December.