[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

yet another pathetic trade offered to me

LilMikey

ok guys, i had a trade proposed to me and i offered a great explanation that i think i should share:

Offers:									 For:RB Cedric Benson, CHI					 RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SDRB Deshawn Wynn®, GBWR Jerry Porter, OAKWR Nate Burleson, SEA

MY kinda of long message to exaplin why not

matt.. come on.. for me to accept this would be pathetic, here's why: Cedric Benson (avg 5 basically 6) Deshawn Wynn (avg 7), Tomlinson (avg 16),5 + 6 = 11 (LT = 16)... 5 less points.. also i dont need another running back, cause with Chris Brown (TEN RB) injured, my other running back LenDale White (TEN back up RB) will be starting, which means scoring atleast 10 points a game (got 16 last week) plus i have LaMont Jordan who will be back to owning when his leg is healed.jerry porter and nate burleson are worst than my benched WR's so i dont even want to talk about them.  you want any chance of getting LT, brian westbrook is gonna have to be included somewhere in the trade

he has westbrook as you can see

when i wrote this i probably should have added that i cant add any more players to my bench so only 1 of those players is any good to me

Edited by LilMikey

just showing yall you need to look at opposing people's rosters to make sure that they actually need the trade

Dude, no offense, but you're talking to cream of the crop fantasy footballers here. There's not a lesson in your post that we learned anything from. Most here are savvy vets, who know how to wheel and deal. Thanks for the thought though. :D

LilMikey,

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

LT is better than DeShawn Wynn

Oh, suhweet, I just traded LT for Rob Bironas, but now I'm not so sure I got a good deal if i could've gotten Wynn in the deal. Learn from that :D

despite this inane post, there is a deeper learning here. the "package a bunch of crap for a stud" strategy can work at times. one man's crap could be another man's treasure if you can strategically figure out how to fill multiple needs on someone else's roster while giving them just enough production back in the position from which you are swiping their stud. this is also a more effective technique when the stud per se is not one of the obvious names to the common fantasy player, a la LT, Peyton, etc. so for this season, guys like housh, romo, peterson, b. edwards, and heck, even guys like welker and derek anderson, like it or not, are the guys getting it done each week. putting some "big" names out there for guys who are not getting it done, especially in a non-keeper league, like gore, sjax, mcnabb, etc., could bring back some lesser names, but more wins. halfway through the season, the dead weight must be cut.

despite this inane post, there is a deeper learning here. the "package a bunch of crap for a stud" strategy can work at times. one man's crap could be another man's treasure if you can strategically figure out how to fill multiple needs on someone else's roster while giving them just enough production back in the position from which you are swiping their stud. this is also a more effective technique when the stud per se is not one of the obvious names to the common fantasy player, a la LT, Peyton, etc. so for this season, guys like housh, romo, peterson, b. edwards, and heck, even guys like welker and derek anderson, like it or not, are the guys getting it done each week. putting some "big" names out there for guys who are not getting it done, especially in a non-keeper league, like gore, sjax, mcnabb, etc., could bring back some lesser names, but more wins. halfway through the season, the dead weight must be cut.

:D .....so you're saying there is a chance :D

LilMikey,

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Billy Madison :D

:D .....so you're saying there is a chance :D

Dumb and Dumber..Im seeing some great movie quotes in this thread as well as valuable trade advice..I dub the man that started this thread..lilpolicy

Edited by whomper

i was pretty bored and felt the need to shed some advice!!! the points of this thread is look at other teams roster before just randomly trading for what you need, if they need WR trade them for one, dont give them crappy WRs for a great RB

Honestly, I wouldn't have bothered to respond to that trade offer with anything but a press of the "reject" button. It was so way off you were just wasting your time trying to explain why you declined.