[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts vs Panthers

PantherDave

OK...now I know yer fishing. :D

No, I'm serious, if they lay another egg at home...sheesh. It's the perfect secnario really, as they just can't do that to the home crowd again, and the fact that it's the Colts makes it even more glaring.....however, if the Cat's get woodshedded, I'll come on here and give credit where it's due, but let's just let them play this one and see???

I think the Cat's are going to come to play ( at home ) finally, as with all things like this...it has to end sometime. I truly think it's going to be one of the best games played Sunday. Why? I don't know exactly, but I feel the Panthers will be ready for this one....two weeks to get ready and all that mojo. I think you will see the front four play their best game of the season and create havoc-especially Peppers. The DT will step up come Sunday....no way since the "call out" that they don't come out flying to the football...and the "foot" of Kasay will come into play.

so...what if Carr plays? yah, that's what I thought... damn that Carr, i always thought he was a good QB and HOU should be ashamed for blaming him...now...I should kick my own ass...

Edited by LooGie

so...what if Carr plays? yah, that's what I thought... damn that Carr, i always thought he was a good QB and HOU should be ashamed for blaming him...now...I should kick my own ass...

I tried to tell you he was a Rob Johnson clone . . .

I totally agree with you on this. The Panthers plain stink at home and have not won a game at home since their 15-0 shutout of the Rams last season in the middle of November. Each game since December and September has been NOT even close with the Panthers losing each game by a total of 19 points on average. Now, the Colts roll into town with their offensive juggernaut and our inability to play tough at home, I unfortunately must guess that we will lose by more than 3 TDs.

Hopefully, I am wrong, but I just see this one as another blowout at home with the Panthers getting run out of their own building. :wacko:

Colts 31 - Panthers 7

My prediction was pretty much right on target with the Colts showing the Panthers how to do it in the 2nd half. :D

Average loss is now about 20 points per game, showing the team is NOT competitive at home at all. The Panthers have the Falcons rolling in two weeks and if they don't win that one it will be more than a full year since the Rams game last November. They looked pretty good for the first two quarters, but went into halftime losing my 3 despite having a pretty good half. The muffed punt that led to the easy 3 and the crucial INT in the end zone were just the beginning of the end and Carr couldn't do anything to move the team consistently after Vinny was hurt. :D

Edited by PSULions

We have 1 really good offensive player and we're determined NOT to use him.

this statement is just wrong. Yes we do have only 1 really good offensive player, but it's not that we're determined to not use him, it's just that the other players flat out suck. Period.

When Smitty is double covered, you should be able to rely on your other players to make plays. Except for Jeff King, nobody is pulling their weight, and as i've said before, it's either Smith eats, or no one eats, and i'm sick of it.

I can honestly say, that i've been right, when I've been wondering if it's the play of the QB that is holding us back. That first drive with Vinny at the helm, everyone played perfectly. It was certainly the best drive of this year (the longest too) but might have been the best drive in several years. Then, the defense was fired up, forced a punt, and even after the muff, held Peyton to just 3 points. It just proves my point, that when the QB plays good, the rest play good, and when the play of the QB went down, so did the team play.

We need a new QB next year. Perhaps Derek Anderson will be a panther, as he looks like the perfect fit. It's time to look to the future, not really rebuild, just get a QB that can make it happen, because w/ Smith and our defense, on paper, that window hasn't closed yet.

No, I'm serious, if they lay another egg at home...sheesh. It's the perfect secnario really, as they just can't do that to the home crowd again, and the fact that it's the Colts makes it even more glaring.....however, if the Cat's get woodshedded, I'll come on here and give credit where it's due, but let's just let them play this one and see???

:D

:D

:D -No I watched the game, and thought going in it could be a trap game-just the same old Panthers at home. I had a sliver of hope with the first drive, then when they went into half trailng 10-7 I knew it was over after they botched the opps in the 1st quater. Fox will gone next year and Cowher will rebuild the team with better working parts, as Mr. Richardson wants to win at home. It's going to be the Pat's or Colt's hoisting the Lombardi, it's actually one of the most boring NFL seasons I can ever remember from my point of view. Let's just say that ACC Hoops has already started for me, as I'm counting the days down to tip-off 07-08.

:D -No I watched the game, and thought going in it could be a trap game-just the same old Panthers at home. I had a sliver of hope with the first drive, then when they went into half trailng 10-7 I knew it was over after they botched the opps in the 1st quater. Fox will gone next year and Cowher will rebuild the team with better working parts, as Mr. Richardson wants to win at home. It's going to be the Pat's or Colt's hoisting the Lombardi, it's actually one of the most boring NFL seasons I can ever remember from my point of view. Let's just say that ACC Hoops has already started for me, as I'm counting the days down to tip-off 07-08.

you gotta be kidding me. you're just hanging it up and calling for Fox? or at least speculating that Fox is gone?

You and I both know that Fox isn't the problem. It doesn't mean that he wont be gone, but your lack of faith is really disheartening. you've always been the homer, while other Panther fans on here have been more analytical and slow to jump for joy. Dont let that get away from you, because honestly, us other Panther fans need it.

Also, everyone knows that if Fox is gone, he'll go somewhere else and win his ass off. You know it, and I know it, and we can only hope that the higher brass knows it too. I believe the problem lies with the QB play, the personnel decisions (GM play i guess) as well as the lack of being able to actually draft an offensive player that actually produces. (GM play again, i suppose) 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and nothing worthy to note. We're geniuses on the defensive side, on paper anyway, but you can only rely on pure athletic ability so much, the rest has to be in the game planning, and I believe we missed the boat by taking CIN's trash and making him our OC.

I think the problem starts with Fox, but doesn't end there. I think he's the light at the end of the tunnel, and would be upset to see him go (although, I wouldn't be upset when Cowher or Shotty took over either)

So, PantherDave, dont shut it down. Not yet.

you gotta be kidding me. you're just hanging it up and calling for Fox? or at least speculating that Fox is gone?

You and I both know that Fox isn't the problem. It doesn't mean that he wont be gone, but your lack of faith is really disheartening. you've always been the homer, while other Panther fans on here have been more analytical and slow to jump for joy. Dont let that get away from you, because honestly, us other Panther fans need it.

Also, everyone knows that if Fox is gone, he'll go somewhere else and win his ass off. You know it, and I know it, and we can only hope that the higher brass knows it too. I believe the problem lies with the QB play, the personnel decisions (GM play i guess) as well as the lack of being able to actually draft an offensive player that actually produces. (GM play again, i suppose) 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and nothing worthy to note. We're geniuses on the defensive side, on paper anyway, but you can only rely on pure athletic ability so much, the rest has to be in the game planning, and I believe we missed the boat by taking CIN's trash and making him our OC.

I think the problem starts with Fox, but doesn't end there. I think he's the light at the end of the tunnel, and would be upset to see him go (although, I wouldn't be upset when Cowher or Shotty took over either)

So, PantherDave, dont shut it down. Not yet.

Easy Grass-Hopper. No, I said "Fox wil be gone", not that I want him gone. l just think the ineptness at home will cost him his job and if Cowher were not availabel he'd have time to prove himself again. But, Cowher is out there and I think the Big Cat makes him an offer he can't refuse to come to Carolina and coach. The Panthers main problem is continued chitty Special Teams play, which was hugh for us early in the Fox era, but when McBrian went the ST went down the crapper.....and how in the HELL has Trgovac held onto the job as DC, as he calls a bltz but does not no how to really....call a blitz....he sucks. This defense is way more talented than the 2003 Super Bowl DT, but Del Rio got'em to play. We have a QB in Jake( and the prognosis is good for the elbow), sure he fugs up and pizzes me off from time to time, but he has always made up for his mistakes. Also, Smith needs Jake, as I think the are so intuned to one another(much like Manning and Harrison in the early years) that it just can't be anybody throwing it to Smitty right now...chemistry is a bitch. I say Fox has to at least make the NFC Championship game to save his job this year, only thing that will save him otherwise is if Cowher is serious about sitting out 2008 as well, but he must can Trgotird as he fuggin blows...and get a ST coach worth his salt.

I was at the game Sunday also, and I've got a few observations. I can't believe the way the defense played in the first half for starters! It was the best effort by far this year. I think that holds some promise for the weeks to come. Chris Harris looks like a player and Kemoatu actually tackled somebody. Lucas got torched by Reggie Wayne, but he didn't get a whole lot of help over the top. Wayne is an upper tier wideout in this league and I didn't expect Lucas to cover him solo here.

Now the negatives.... the special teams unit flat out sucks on this team. No return, poor coverage, and too many penalties. Kasay kicking the ball out of bounds to begin the second half and Robinson losing that punt ( which he had no business touching). Both were hugh momentum killers IMO. David Carr is not the answer and he made it clear Sunday. He was booed by the fans, and the team showed no spark once he entered the game. He played like a complete wuss and checked the ball down on every down or tucked the ball to scramble. I think he's afraid of getting hurt and showed absolutely nothing on the field. Where the hell is Dwayne Jarrett? With the lack of talent at wideout, this kid must have fugged up big time.

I truly believe that the Panthers have lost the respect of their home fans. The stadium went dam near silent when Carr walked onto the field in the second half. They shat the bed every time out at home this year, starting with the pitiful choke job against Houston and then getting blown out by Tampa and Indy. No way Carr returns to the team next year, and Fox better find a way to win at home to save himself as well. I think the Jarret issue and a non-playoff season will seal Marty Hurney's fate as well.

All I can say about the Panthers pitiful play at home is IF we lose to Atlanta on 11/11 (8 days shy of the 1 year anniversary of our last home WIN), Fox will not hear the end of it! The boo birds will come out in force and with the Saints looking much better, our slim hope to squeak into the playoffs will dissappear in November.

Good thing there is I will NOT have to get an invoice for Playoff tickets in December for a game that I will ever see in January, as the NFC South will only have the division winner in the playoffs.