[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commish Question

Fanantic

Today one of the teams in my league made some moves at a time when he should have been in school. There are only two possibilities: He's sick at home or his Dad was active on his team.

Background:

1. Dad has expressed a dislike for me.

2. There have been several instances this year when both teams were active within minutes of each other.

3. Dad is 3-4 (injury plagued)

4. The son is 5-2 (pretty decent team)

Am I making too much of this?

How do I approach the manager and let him know that this (if true) is unacceptable?

Please Help!

Edited by Fanantic

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, just man up and manage your own team. there's nothing stopping the dad from giving his son tips, or making moves for him if they have that arrangement. you signed up for this when you let pop and son into your league.

why doesn't that dad like you?

Today one of the teams in my league made some moves at a time when he should have been in school. There are only two possibilities: He's sick at home or his Dad was active on his team.

Background:

1. Dad has expressed a dislike for me.

2. There have been several instances this year when both teams were active within minutes of each other.

3. Dad is 3-4 (injury plagued)

4. The son is 5-2 (pretty decent team)

How do I approach the manager and let him know that this (if true) is unacceptable?

Please Help!

What are the moves?

I'm not really sure what there is to get upset about. Even if the Dad is making a move for his son, as long as its a move his son authorized him to do, I dont really see anything wrong with it...if its not a move the son authorized, then thats an issue between father and son...

The only issue you, as commish, should have are trades...

Edited by #1 Niners Fan

yes, just man up and manage your own team. there's nothing stopping the dad from giving his son tips, or making moves for him if they have that arrangement. you signed up for this when you let pop and son into your league.

why doesn't that dad like you?

I made a minor change to the QB scoring after his son's QB played.

I contacted several managers before I did this and they had no problem. I also sent an e-mail explaining why I did. He was the only one out of 12 to complain.

I made a minor change to the QB scoring after his son's QB played.

I contacted several managers before I did this and they had no problem. I also sent an e-mail explaining why I did. He was the only one out of 12 to complain.

Why are you changing league scoring rules after the season has begun?

what if he has computer access at school?

what if he asked somebody to make the move for him?

why are you changing scoring rules after the season has started?

sounds pretty much like a league I'd rather not be in. Do your job as commish. Don't be a pain in the arse.

Edited by CaptainHook

...and what should YOU be doing at the time you are questioning moves being made? Working? Being in school yourself?

See my point? Don't over manage and don't over analyze. DO, however, enlighten us on the change in QB scoring that you instituted after the kid's QB played...

Edited by The Wolf

....And what if his son has given up because I was told he is very busy. He has more than one team to worry about, so Dad took it over and is managing two teams?

eta: actually, this should not be allowed. too much conflict of interest.

Edited by tonorator

....And what if his son has given up because I was told he is very busy. He has more than one team to worry about, so Dad took it over and is managing two teams?

Instead of playing "What/If" games, call the kid and ASK HIM! You're making a mountain out of a mole hill, without any real information to base this on.

...and what should YOU be doing at the time you are questioning moves being made? Working? Being in school yourself?

See my point? Don't over manage and over analyze. DO, however, enlighten us on the change in QB scoring that you instituted after the kid's QB played...

Instead of 1 point per 10 yards passing, it was changed to 1 point for every 20.

Not sure.....there just was activity at the wrong time.

First... what do you care if the son gives permission to his father to do some things with his team AS LONG AS those moves are in the best interest of his son and does not involve collusion (such as the father offering up his sons starting RBs to himself in exchange for his son's backup defense)?

Second... how are you going to police everyone's 'unusual' or 'untimely' team activity? If team A usually only checks his team between the hours of 8pm and 10pm, what exactly will your recourse be if he logs in at 5pm or 6pm because you 'think' the owner should be at the gym or washing his car and you perceive that the owner has some sort of vendetta against you because one time he was the only one to object to the time and place of the draft?

This is all sounds kind of ridiculous.

Instead of 1 point per 10 yards passing, it was changed to 1 point for every 20.

Some teams may have drafted with the 1/10 scoring in mind. Too late to change the rule without unanimous consent.

If the rule was 1/20 and incorrectly entered as 1/10 on the league site, then it could be corrected.