[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commish Question

Fanantic

Instead of 1 point per 10 yards passing, it was changed to 1 point for every 20.

Wrong answer, pal. You can't change scoring mid-season. Scrap the entire season, or at very least, quit agonizing over petty things like this when you have bigger fish to fry.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It was approved by the majority of managers before the change was made.

you have a crappy league then. You absoultely postively CANNOT change scoring rules, especially one as major as you did, after the season starts. That would totally change drafting position for QB's. I'd be pissed at you too.

Instead of 1 point per 10 yards passing, it was changed to 1 point for every 20.

WOW...regardless of whether or not all 12 owners voted to change it, why the heck would you do this during the season? I'd be pissed too, especially since this is a pay league. You have a lot to learn about being a commish.

I wonder who his QB is...Is it Brady? I bet it is someone who was running roughshod in your league and you all thought it was "unfair."

Edited by The Wolf

That's if they looked at it. I still get questions on the scoring and it is available to be looked at by everyone.

Another IF...you're big on guessing my friend...and you are completely wrong to have allowed this change to be made. Man up and tell the league to learn the rules or get out and that rules changes happen in the off season.

One of the the managers who happened to see the discrepancy. A 400 point difference between the top QB from last year and the top WR. He called me to dicuss this. I did not notice.

OK, so last year, you gave 1/20 and this year, scoring on your league management system was set to 1/10 by accident?

Edited by The Wolf

One of the the managers who happened to see the discrepancy. A 400 point difference between the top QB from last year and the top WR. He called me to dicuss this. I did not notice.

Was it a data entry error, or a rule change? There is a difference....if you have stated rules saying its 1/20, then you are correct for changing a data entry error. If its inthe league rules 1/10, or you dont have rules other than what is entered in the league's settings for scoring, then it is a "rule change" which I would be PISSED if you did mid season....

Was it a data entry error, or a rule change? There is a difference....if you have stated rules saying its 1/20, then you are correct for changing a data entry error. If its inthe league rules 1/10, or you dont have rules other than what is entered in the league's settings for scoring, then it is a "rule change" which I would be PISSED if you did mid season....

It was not mid season....it was after the very first game on Thursday nite.

The other way around. I am fairly new at this and I have tried to copy the LAG scoring I have seen on the Huddle's web site.

Then that is not a data entry error, but a rule change...I agree QB's should be 1/20 or 1/25 as opposed to 1/10, but that is not something you can change after everyone drafted, thinking they were scored 1/10...

I would have seriously considered Peyton in round 1, or def Palmer or Brady in Round 2 this year, had ours been 1/10....if I had drafted a QB that high with the assumption of that scoring, only to have you change it mid season, I would have GONE OFF....

....And what if his son has given up because I was told he is very busy. He has more than one team to worry about, so Dad took it over and is managing two teams?

You said the son was winning.

This is nothing to worry about. You seem a little invasive.

If there is a shady trade... maybe.... if they play each other and one plays a creampuff lineup... maybe...

beyond that.... you might want to let somebody else do the commishing....

does the dad not like you because of issues like this?

So if it was 1/10 last year, how is there a huge differnece in how QBs are performing this year under the same system???

If it was 1/10 last year, and 1/10 to start the year this year, and teams drafted based on this same system being in place, there is no way you can change the scoring mid-season.

Nice of you to own up that you are a new commish, but take this lesson from all the seasoned FFLer's on this thread...live wth your mistake this year, put it up for vote in the offseason, then make the change. And in the offseason, all you need is a mojority vote to make the change....mid-season, it needs to be unanimous.

The 5-2 kid's dad has a a damn good reason to pissed.

You said the son was winning.

This is nothing to worry about. You seem a little invasive.

If there is a shady trade... maybe.... if they play each other and one plays a creampuff lineup... maybe...

beyond that.... you might want to let somebody else do the commishing....

does the dad not like you because of issues like this?

Keep reading and you will find out why.......

I made a minor change to the QB scoring after his son's QB played.

I contacted several managers before I did this and they had no problem. I also sent an e-mail explaining why I did. He was the only one out of 12 to complain.

If a single owner does not like the change.... you should not do it.

PERIOD!!!

there are some things that CAN be changed. but not scoring.

at worst you should be made to wear an 'I'm a doofis' hat the whole season for making bad rules.

Never, ever, EVER should the be a scoring change mid season.

It is unethical.

does the dad not like you because you are without ethics? :D