[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commish Question

Fanantic

Nice of you to own up that you are a new commish, but take this lesson from all the seasoned FFLer's on this thread...live wth your mistake this year, put it up for vote in the offseason, then make the change. And in the offseason, all you need is a mojority vote to make the change....mid-season, it needs to be unanimous.

If you need some help or want someone to take a look at the rules, maybe make some suggestions on getting procedures in place to eliminate this sort of event from happening, let me know. I'd be more than happy to. Us commishes have to help each other out. Running a league is hard enough but when you also have a team (as nearly all of us, if not all of us do) in that league, you are scrutinized more and your job is much more difficult.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You said the son was winning.

This is nothing to worry about. You seem a little invasive.

If there is a shady trade... maybe.... if they play each other and one plays a creampuff lineup... maybe...

beyond that.... you might want to let somebody else do the commishing....

does the dad not like you because of issues like this?

I have asked several other managers to be Commish. Nobody wants it.

dad and I had issues at the draft. I think it's a personality thing. This is his first year in the league (and last). Previous years went great! I just wanted a little feedback not an inquisition.

I tried to be fair IMHO, but I'm not prefect. Again the draft would have gone the same no matter the scoring. People were drafting by name recognition. We are not pros.

If you need some help or want someone to take a look at the rules, maybe make some suggestions on getting procedures in place to eliminate this sort of event from happening, let me know. I'd be more than happy to. Us commishes have to help each other out. Running a league is hard enough but when you also have a team (as nearly all of us, if not all of us do) in that league, you are scrutinized more and your job is much more difficult.

That's how I feel. How can you help?

One of the the managers who happened to see the discrepancy. A 400 point difference between the top QB from last year and the top WR. He called me to dicuss this. I did not notice.

You have much to learn about player valuation. Granted, the difference of 1/10 and 1/20 is great, but as others have noted you absolutely were in the wrong to change the scoring rule at any point after the draft, as the scoring system presumable was published and available before the draft, thus those owners that bothered to read them were drafting under one premise only to have you change the rules after the fact.

And how do you know this will be the dad's last year in the league? Are you the supreme dictator and going to kick him out?

I have asked several other managers to be Commish. Nobody wants it.

dad and I had issues at the draft. I think it's a personality thing. This is his first year in the league (and last). Previous years went great! I just wanted a little feedback not an inquisition.

I tried to be fair IMHO, but I'm not prefect. Again the draft would have gone the same no matter the scoring. People were drafting by name recognition. We are not pros.

you might be a Megan Foxy commish but looks like you are gonna make a great dictator :D

You have much to learn about player valuation. Granted, the difference of 1/10 and 1/20 is great, but as others have noted you absolutely were in the wrong to change the scoring rule at any point after the draft, as the scoring system presumable was published and available before the draft, thus those owners that bothered to read them were drafting under one premise only to have you change the rules after the fact.

And how do you know this will be the dad's last year in the league? Are you the supreme dictator and going to kick him out?

He has sid so.

I think we have a case of a drowning Commish, doing a job that no one wanted, and feeling a lot of heat/taking crap from those same owners. I'm not gonna ridicule him any more, but offered my help and he accepted. He's a new commish and I'll cut him a break...remember when we first started out? I made a TON of mistakes! He just needs a little guidance.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I learned a lot today.

Kudos to you for staying respectful and humble. There was a lot of Fanatic bashing going on in this thread. Hopefully Wolf can help you straighten out some things. if not, you can PM me.. I have ben commissioning leagues for over 10 years myself.

these threads can be like roller coasters.

way to help out wolf!

:D

:D ....Thumbs up for having a thick skin and helping us understand the situation so we could offer sound advice.....along with the usual ribbing.

Good Luck with the situation and the league.