[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waiver period

detlef

Ours:

By Thursday at 6pm Pac time you put your requests in and they're given, one at a time, in reverse order of standings.

After that, it's a free for all, but all players waived are not available until the following week.

If it was up to me, we'd do it on Tuesday or Wednesday, but we try to maintain some degree of sanity for those who have busy lives and can't get it together as quickly.

I don't understand the leagues where it's a free for all right after the games are over as it seems from some of the posts I read here. Dude's talking about who they picked up on Tuesday morning. FF shouldn't award those with no life who can lurk around as soon as the final gun on Monday Night's game to start snapping up players.

All day Tuesday to submit waiver request, processed Wed AM based on reverse standings.

After the waivers are processed on Wed, first come first serve until end of day Friday. No waiver pick-ups over the weekend (until Tuesday).

Dropped players are locked for 24 hours, so if I'm dropping someone that I don't want picked up and used that weekend, I'll wait until Friday.

Seems to work. Thursday night seems to be too late in the week for my liking.

Every league I'm in's a little different. Some reverse order, some blind bidding with league cash. I'm not a big fan of rewarding bad teams that are bad because their owners are lazy.

For owners who spend a lot of time on their teams I'm for parity.

Thursdays are a bit late but some leagues use that date because it gives time for the NFL injury report to come out. I prefer wednesdays.

I don't understand the leagues where it's a free for all right after the games are over as it seems from some of the posts I read here. Dude's talking about who they picked up on Tuesday morning. FF shouldn't award those with no life who can lurk around as soon as the final gun on Monday Night's game to start snapping up players.

Try being in a league where you can pick up an injured starter's backup before he's even been helped off the field. Fortunately, I think those days are about to come to an end very shortly as it got pretty ugly in my local this week.

In my money leagues, waivers run exactly the same way they do in your league except our deadline is Wednesday at midnight instead of Thursday. I think it's the best system out there, especially with respect to players who are waived not being available until they clear waivers the following week.

Edited by tomfin2000

one of my leagues is free for all - has some pluses and minuses; my big money league is bidding which is definitely the best, but also the most time consuming and only works if everyone's into it. i personally think giving priority to the worst record is pretty retarded.

Try being in a league where you can pick up an injured starter's backup before he's even been helped off the field. Fortunately, I think those days are about to come to an end very shortly as it got pretty ugly in my local this week.

This is how a big money league i'm in runs and i think it's ridiculous. I've tried several times to state my case but the guy that started the league is one of those "i have no life and sit in front of a computer 24/7" guys. He's made over 74 moves already this year, last year he made over 130. These actually cost $1 each but it doesn't deter him(money goes to the winner). He makes a ton of trades also, a lot of them using the guys he picks up on waivers. Last year he made it to the SB but cut a deal with his opponant to split. He would have lost. This year he's on his way again. While i have a very competive team and did last year also, he creates a Competive Imbalance that makes the league a joke. The other teams just blow it off, so i probably won't be around next year.

All players are locked at kickoff for the early games on Sundays. Waivers are due Tuesday evening by midnight and are processed sometime early Wednesday morning in one league. Priority is given to the person who has waited the longest to make a waiver wire claim. If you make a claim, you go to the bottom of the list. The list does not reset on a weekly basis. Dropped players are locked for 24 hours before becoming a free agent. All free agent picks are first come, first serve and do not affect your waiver wire order.

In my other league, all available players are free agents and picks must be entered by 10AM Wednesday. They are processed in worst-to-first order and that is it. That is your only shot at picking up a player and if you don't realize you are on a bye, a player is injured Wednesday afternoon in practice, etc, you are SOL. It sucks, but it also means you don't have to constantly monitor the transactions throughout the week. It's a little lower maintenance.