[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quit this Best Ever Nonsense

Cowboyz1

It amazes me how we are 7 games into the season and we are already talking about Best ever and 19-0 seasons. Give it a break. Does anyone know how hard it is to win week in and weak out in this league? We only hear about injuries the team want's us to know about, and if you think these guys aren't dinged up and still playing your naive. New England is rolling but that roll WILL have it's bumps. No matter who you play these days you can get beat. Ask the Steelers, or the Ravens or Washington (friken Rackers). So I give New England credit for winning the way they have and the Cowboys and the Packers for winning the way they have. However, in no way do I think New England is unbeatable. Nor do I think Brady is the Best Ever.

Tom Brady is a good maybe even great quarterback but to anoint him over guys like Montana and Aikman or even Farve should not even be a topic right now. Farve has not missed a game YET. Do you know how next to impossible that is in this league when every team, every year, every game, knows that if they take him out they can win the game. Sorry but that record alone with his SB and the touchdown title and the games I have watched him play horrible then pull it out in the end, just makes a Brady vs. Farve comparison laughable.

New England has played 7 games and yes they look great but teams don't look great all year long. People and teams peak and New England is peaking at the wrong time. Mark my words. They will not go undefeated and down the stretch will not look like they do now. This is the NFL we only have to look back at the Pittsburg Steelers that started the year poorly then began to dominate late in the season and win 7 straight. Or Philly last year or the Titans a few years back. Cowboys went 8-1 in 92 and won SB but finished 13-3 for the season. Teams have to play good for 16 weeks and great for 4 games after that. Teams that play great early sometimes don't have that much great left in them come Playoff time. We will see.

Point is, let the teams play out the year and we will see who's great. Let Brady finish his career and then we can discuss how great he was. But for now he is just another really good QB playing behind a great line, with great receivers and a great coach and good defense. Put him in St Louis and he becomes a good QB who is not even noticed, because he doesn't have an afternoon to throw. How many WR in the league can make that catch Moss made last week when the QB just throws it up, much less twice? Let's see Brady play with a broken thumb then a torn up knee then a separated shoulder, then a twisted ankle. Let's see him drive the field 93 yards in the SuperBowl to win with a few minutes on the clock. Let's see when someone close to him dies and go out throw 4 touchdown passes the same week. People are you kidding me, Brady is no where near the top of the mountain. He is still climbing the first peak and has yet to venture into the valley while staring up another assent.

Let me see a signature play time after time when everyone knows where the ball is going and he puts it there anyway (Montana to Rice).

In my mind there is no comparison to the man that is Brett Farve followed by Elway, Young, Aikman and Montana in any order you want.

I have been watching football way to long to think that 7-0 or 6-1 means a darn thing this time of year other then that you have basically made it to the Playoffs barring a colapse. But don't sit there and tell me New England is going to run the table or Brady is the Best ever. There is a lot of football left to play this year and for Brady a long way to go before being considered GREAT. He has yet to carry a 3-13 team on his back and start over with a whole new set of players for a decade and a half then win the whole thing again. New England has had a good team around him every year. Not his fault but does not an Iron Man Greatest of all time make. Hell Aikman went 1-15 his first year which could have broken him but he won after failure. Let's see a litte failure put on those GQ shoulders of Brady and see what he is made of then. Brady is great but he is not by any stretch of the imagination the Best of All time.

It amazes me how we are 7 games into the season and we are already talking about Best ever and 19-0 seasons. Give it a break. Does anyone know how hard it is to win week in and weak out in this league? We only hear about injuries the team want's us to know about, and if you think these guys aren't dinged up and still playing your naive. New England is rolling but that roll WILL have it's bumps. No matter who you play these days you can get beat. Ask the Steelers, or the Ravens or Washington (friken Rackers). So I give New England credit for winning the way they have and the Cowboys and the Packers for winning the way they have. However, in no way do I think New England is unbeatable. Nor do I think Brady is the Best Ever.

Tom Brady is a good maybe even great quarterback but to anoint him over guys like Montana and Aikman or even Farve should not even be a topic right now. Farve has not missed a game YET. Do you know how next to impossible that is in this league when every team, every year, every game, knows that if they take him out they can win the game. Sorry but that record alone with his SB and the touchdown title and the games I have watched him play horrible then pull it out in the end, just makes a Brady vs. Farve comparison laughable.

New England has played 7 games and yes they look great but teams don't look great all year long. People and teams peak and New England is peaking at the wrong time. Mark my words. They will not go undefeated and down the stretch will not look like they do now. This is the NFL we only have to look back at the Pittsburg Steelers that started the year poorly then began to dominate late in the season and win 7 straight. Or Philly last year or the Titans a few years back. Cowboys went 8-1 in 92 and won SB but finished 13-3 for the season. Teams have to play good for 16 weeks and great for 4 games after that. Teams that play great early sometimes don't have that much great left in them come Playoff time. We will see.

Point is, let the teams play out the year and we will see who's great. Let Brady finish his career and then we can discuss how great he was. But for now he is just another really good QB playing behind a great line, with great receivers and a great coach and good defense. Put him in St Louis and he becomes a good QB who is not even noticed, because he doesn't have an afternoon to throw. How many WR in the league can make that catch Moss made last week when the QB just throws it up, much less twice? Let's see Brady play with a broken thumb then a torn up knee then a separated shoulder, then a twisted ankle. Let's see him drive the field 93 yards in the SuperBowl to win with a few minutes on the clock. Let's see when someone close to him dies and go out throw 4 touchdown passes the same week. People are you kidding me, Brady is no where near the top of the mountain. He is still climbing the first peak and has yet to venture into the valley while staring up another assent.

Let me see a signature play time after time when everyone knows where the ball is going and he puts it there anyway (Montana to Rice).

In my mind there is no comparison to the man that is Brett Farve followed by Elway, Young, Aikman and Montana in any order you want.

I have been watching football way to long to think that 7-0 or 6-1 means a darn thing this time of year other then that you have basically made it to the Playoffs barring a colapse. But don't sit there and tell me New England is going to run the table or Brady is the Best ever. There is a lot of football left to play this year and for Brady a long way to go before being considered GREAT. He has yet to carry a 3-13 team on his back and start over with a whole new set of players for a decade and a half then win the whole thing again. New England has had a good team around him every year. Not his fault but does not an Iron Man Greatest of all time make. Hell Aikman went 1-15 his first year which could have broken him but he won after failure. Let's see a litte failure put on those GQ shoulders of Brady and see what he is made of then. Brady is great but he is not by any stretch of the imagination the Best of All time.

Do you watch football? I mean , anyone that watched Tom Brady throw it up for grabs to Moss this week....twice....knows he's the greatest QB of all time. :D

I like how he puts Aikman in the elite category.

I'd take him over Brady! At least I know he can weather a 1-15 season and be on his back all year and come back to win Superbowls. I'd take a battle hardned vet over a GQ silver spooner any day.................

New England has played 7 games and yes they look great but teams don't look great all year long. People and teams peak and New England is peaking at the wrong time. Mark my words. They will not go undefeated and down the stretch will not look like they do now.

This post is a bit ironic considering the blinded gibberish we endure from Cowboy fans every time their team is 1+ game over 0.500. I credit this to a bit of penis envy, since it's obvious to the homers now, that the Boys are nothing more than an upper tier NFC team that has had struggles against some truly mediocre/bad teams in the last couple weeks.

I hate to take a side here as I'm sure this will turn into a 4-5 page homerfest of Ugly Tuna proportions; but I will say that over the last 10+ years of watching a ton of NFL football, I don't remember a team close to this. They are putting up historical numbers on offense and I don't really see anyone slowing it down, unless the Pats trip over their own feet. What's amazing is that their defense is pretty darn awesome too.

Will the lose at least one game? Probably. But for all the Bears fans clamoring how their teams was one of the best of all time halfway through the season last year, the weaknesses were glaring. I haven't see anything like this team in recent hisotry and think they have a chance to become one of the top 10 or top 5 best teams of all time.

I'd take him over Brady! At least I know he can weather a 1-15 season and be on his back all year and come back to win Superbowls. I'd take a battle hardned vet over a GQ silver spooner any day.................

Oh so you're just being baised. I see.

since it's obvious to the homers now, that the Boys are nothing more than an upper tier NFC team that has had struggles against some truly mediocre/bad teams in the last couple weeks.

The only thing Obvious it this team is 6-1 and should get better. By playoff time they should be a solid form. Thanks to the Patriots we very much understand that a few mistakes can mean the difference between being in a game and being 20 points out of one.

You can run on the Pats, you can pass on the Pats and you can score on the Pats. You have to be good to do it but it can be done.

You just watch he second half of the season and see what unfolds and who folds up. Happens every year..................

We can be sure of this though, New England, Colts, Pitt, Dallas, San Diego, and GB will be in it to win it, in the end..........But what do I know, just a blind homers opinnion.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Yeah, Troy wasn't surrounded by any talent at all, he did it all with gumption and the backbone his 1-15 season gave him :D

Thanks to the Patriots we very much understand that a few mistakes can mean the difference between being in a game and being 20 points out of one.

:D

First downs: New England- 28; Dallas - 13

Third down efficiency: New England - 64%; Dallas 36%

Total yards: New England - 464; Dallas - 298

Time of possession: New England - 38:15; Dallas - 21:45

If Tom Brady doesn't fumble a return for a TD you guys lose by 30+ points at home instead of 20+. The rest of the NFL is just in awe of the Cowboy blueprint to beating the New England Pats. But, not so much on how to deal with the Bills and the Vikings.

Edited by bushwacked

Now this one is funny. So Brady is a silver spooner but Aikman isn't :D

Who had to overcome more to get their spot on their teams? Aikman was the number 1 pick overall and handed the keys to the car on draft day. He was the dreamy, sexy, golden boy pick. Brady was an afterthought 6th rounder who wasn't even a full-time starter for his college team. He had to wait for an injury to the starter to get his opportunity. He took that opportunity and hasn't looked back.

Edited by Puddy

Now this one is funny. So Brady is a silver spooner but Aikman isn't :D

Who had to overcome more to get their spot on their teams? Aikman was the number 1 pick overall and handed the keys to the car on draft day. He was the dreamy, sexy, golden boy pick. Brady was an afterthought 6th rounder who wasn't even a full-time starter for his college team. He had to wait for an injury to the starter to get his opportunity. He took that opportunity and hasn't looked back.

If it's any consolation, I think Romo is a silver spooner too. 4 years watching and learning before thown into the fire did him a lot of good. Same with Brady. Say what you want about Drew but he is a good pro who spends time with younger QB. Watching and learning is very valuable for an NFL QB. See T. Jackson who hasn't got a clue........AT ALL. Now if he makes it through this year and doesn't get benched and has any talent he might be something, but even with talent he knows nothing at all about how to play this game but he's learning the hard way and in this win now league, very tough to last..........

:D

First downs: New England- 28; Dallas - 13

Third down efficiency: New England - 64%; Dallas 36%

Total yards: New England - 464; Dallas - 298

Time of possession: New England - 38:15; Dallas - 21:45

If Tom Brady doesn't fumble a return for a TD you guys lose by 30+ points at home instead of 20+. The rest of the NFL is just in awe of the Cowboy blueprint to beating the New England Pats. But, not so much on how to deal with the Bills and the Vikings.

Look if you think that this game played again ends up with the same result your fooling yourself. Nate Jones, J. Reeves, come on. Our secondary had no chance in that game. Now with a healthy Newman and Henry with Reeves in the slot and Ellis, Ware, Spencer all on the field at the same time this game is very different. We got stomped, given, but you can't expect a Secondary with Jones, Reeves, Roy Williams and a half strength Newman to do much against the Pats passing attack. They can't run on us and wouldn't if they tried but obviously didn't need to. Watch our D when it gets to full strength.............Brady was sacked three times in this one more then he was the entire season, without Ellis, so if we meet again Brady will be meat. I just sure hope we mee again that all...........This is the NFL and these coaches will figure out how to stop teams, they always do. I see 4 teams that can beat the Pats this year, Washington (match up well in secondary but QB worries me very young) Indy (can score with them and Sanders makes their D go) Pittsburgh (D and tough running club) and the Giants (because they will have nothing to play for New England sits starters).

This all sounds like a giant load of sour grapes to me. Sorry that Brady and company had to walk into your house and spank your girls silly.

Brady will never know what it's like to weather a 1-15 season, because he's never had one and never will. In fact, since he's been the quarterback in New England the Patriots haven't had a single losing season at all. However, he did turn the Patriots from the bunch of losers that they were when Bledsoe was at the helm to 3-time Superbowl champions (and maybe more)..

Though I do hate GQ.

Edited by Crazysight

If it's any consolation, I think Romo is a silver spooner too. 4 years watching and learning before thown into the fire did him a lot of good. Same with Brady. Say what you want about Drew but he is a good pro who spends time with younger QB. Watching and learning is very valuable for an NFL QB. See T. Jackson who hasn't got a clue........AT ALL. Now if he makes it through this year and doesn't get benched and has any talent he might be something, but even with talent he knows nothing at all about how to play this game but he's learning the hard way and in this win now league, very tough to last..........

After being taken in the 6th Brady was only with Drew for 1 year and 2 games, during which time the Drew-led Patriots went 7 and 11 before Tom took over and led the team to its first-ever Superbowl victory. Drew was never even fit to carry Tom's jockstrap.

Edited by Crazysight

i dont think we are gonna need Doc Chargers to diagnose the Homersentitis that this thread has....now if the pats fans all end up here too we are gonna have an epidemic of historic proportions

Yeah, but I'll take the Patriots' side on this one... :D

Edited by TDFFFreak

espn has a strong history of blowing sh*t out of their asses.. i still remember those 2 dumbasses sitting in their chairs in 2005 and one by one picking usc to beat every great team in college football history... only to have texas beat them in the national championship a few weeks later. that same year the colts were supposed to be unbeatable but ended up losing their last 3 regular season games and going one and done in the playoffs thanks to us. im not saying the pats arent a great football team.. but you really cant take espn seriously, they're all about the hype machine and marketing. and most of this anointing i have seen has been from espn.