[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who else has to drop Javon Walker?

FishFreak

Walker was poised to have a big season but this knee situation sucks. Between bye weeks and injuries, I'm forced to drop this guy. Does anyone know exactly how long he should be out? I heard 4-6 weeks but timetables typically end up being longer rather than shorter. Or is he really just questionable to return this season?

4-6 was what I heard. I don't know if I agree that returns are typically longer. :D Seems that plenty are shorter.

Anyway, I would think a lot would have to do with how well the Broncos are doing. I mean if they take this win over the Steelers and get on a roll, that could sort of make getting him back quicker rather than later a priority.

If you have no wiggle room then I would try to trade him for something better than you can pick up on the wire. He is still very valuable if he comes back in time for fantasy playoffs or even the run right up to the playoffs. I know getting to the playoffs is the first step but I would try very hard to not just drop him if at all possible.

4-6 was what I heard. I don't know if I agree that returns are typically longer. :D Seems that plenty are shorter.

Anyway, I would think a lot would have to do with how well the Broncos are doing. I mean if they take this win over the Steelers and get on a roll, that could sort of make getting him back quicker rather than later a priority.

If you have no wiggle room then I would try to trade him for something better than you can pick up on the wire. He is still very valuable if he comes back in time for fantasy playoffs or even the run right up to the playoffs. I know getting to the playoffs is the first step but I would try very hard to not just drop him if at all possible.

Good advice here. I have Marshall in two leagues and would prolly trade something for Walker for the playoff run.

Walker was poised to have a big season but this knee situation sucks. Between bye weeks and injuries, I'm forced to drop this guy. Does anyone know exactly how long he should be out? I heard 4-6 weeks but timetables typically end up being longer rather than shorter. Or is he really just questionable to return this season?

If you're in a redraft league, you have to start thinking of Walker as a guy that you're taking a flyer on as opposed to an every week starter that just happens to be injured. Once you look at it from that angle, it should be pretty obvious whether or not you can afford to keep him on your roster.

Personally, I would only drop him if I had to pick up a starter. I wouldn't drop him to pick up a 4th or 5th WR to sit on my bench, even if it's a guy that's been productive like Hillard or Toomer.

Walker's quoted at cbs ( I know) as saying he'll be back in less than six weeks. Says he's feeling " much better now". Anyone else hearing anything about his return?

I've seen the same quote on different outlets. It sounds like he'll be back this season, so I'm guessing Week 12 at the earliest and Week 14 at the latest.