[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steven Jackson to play week 8

dabuffbills

i'm gonna play him. the O-line was'nt much better last year and i got alot of points from receptions/rec yards as the Bulge kept dumping it off to S.Jax to save his ass.

Sorry, man, I think this is just wrong. Last year there was one guy out for any real stretch and that was Pace. This week every single member of that O-line will be a backup or a guy playing out of position since they cut Terrell. This line is much, much worse than last year and so is this offense in general.

Did anyone see Bulger play last week? He was frickin' horrible! IMO expecting anything other than something like 18 carries for 45 yards 2 catches for 9 yards and no TD's from Jackson this week is foolin' yourself.

Sorry, man, I think this is just wrong. Last year there was one guy out for any real stretch and that was Pace. This week every single member of that O-line will be a backup or a guy playing out of position since they cut Terrell. This line is much, much worse than last year and so is this offense in general.

Did anyone see Bulger play last week? He was frickin' horrible! IMO expecting anything other than something like 18 carries for 45 yards 2 catches for 9 yards and no TD's from Jackson this week is foolin' yourself.

you could make an argument that the worse the O-line gets, the more yards Jackson gets from receptions. without Pace, (primarily a pass protector), the quicker the pocket breaks down, and the less Holt and co. becomes a factor...leaving more oppurtunity for Predator. sorry bro, your just as likely to be wrong.

you could make an argument that the worse the O-line gets, the more yards Jackson gets from receptions. without Pace, (primarily a pass protector), the quicker the pocket breaks down, and the less Holt and co. becomes a factor...leaving more oppurtunity for Predator. sorry bro, your just as likely to be wrong.

No, when Jackson gets the most receptions is when the coverage is good downfield and the protection is good around Bulger and they dump it off to him as a second or third option. With this line there isn't that kind of time, and besdies they will keep him in to block.

Jackson said himself on local television earlier in the season that he is almost never the primary receiver, and that's all Bulger has time to look for as the pocket collapses. Two receptions for 9 yards, plus or minus a couple.

No, when Jackson gets the most receptions is when the coverage is good downfield and the protection is good around Bulger and they dump it off to him as a second or third option. With this line there isn't that kind of time, and besdies they will keep him in to block.

Jackson said himself on local television earlier in the season that he is almost never the primary receiver, and that's all Bulger has time to look for as the pocket collapses. Two receptions for 9 yards, plus or minus a couple.

This logically makes more sense.

expecting anything other than something like 18 carries for 45 yards 2 catches for 9 yards and no TD's from Jackson this week is foolin' yourself.

So your saying that, due to one additional lineman being out (that sounds like he was a bad egg anyway), Jackson (an All-Pro RB) playing against the Cleveland Browns at home with the Rams #1 QB will actually perform worse that Brian Leanard performed with Gus Ferrotte at QB playing at the Ravens?

i don't know...if the protection breaks down so quick,(like @ a three step drop), there may never be time for that down-field first read..that's where our boy comes in. Fan, you and i can debate this all we want, time will tell as this plays out for the rest of the year. i am an S.Jax owner, infact he's my keeper in a 1 keeper league, so maybe i view it through rose colored glasses...but i just don't think it's entirely different from last year. i have a hunch Jax might produce down the stretch. (particularly in receptions) :D

i don't know...if the protection breaks down so quick,(like @ a three step drop), there may never be time for that down-field first read..that's where our boy comes in. Fan, you and i can debate this all we want, time will tell as this plays out for the rest of the year. i am an S.Jax owner, infact he's my keeper in a 1 keeper league, so maybe i view it through rose colored glasses...but i just don't think it's entirely different from last year. i have a hunch Jax might produce down the stretch. (particularly in receptions) :D

While Jackson did get plenty of points from the passing game he also had 1528 yards and 13 touchdowns rushing. The Rams simply do not score touchdowns which really diminishes his value more than anything. St. Louis has scored more than one touchdown once this entire season. Three times they have failed to even score one touchdown. SJax scored 16 times last season. The Rams are on pace for less as a team. The same guys that suck at pass blocking, suck at run blocking.

You can hope they turn it around but things are entirely different from last year.

So your saying that, due to one additional lineman being out (that sounds like he was a bad egg anyway), Jackson (an All-Pro RB) playing against the Cleveland Browns at home with the Rams #1 QB will actually perform worse that Brian Leanard performed with Gus Ferrotte at QB playing at the Ravens?

I basically expect more of the same. One thing Brian Leonard does is hit the hole fast with a complete disregard for his body and well being, which served him well with a bad o-line in front of him unable to hold blocks. Jackson has always been more of a cutting style guy looking for holes and he won't find any.

When Jackson is in space, he's incredible. But with a groin he is unsure of, and his penchant for dancing a little too much in the backfield, I don't see him being any more productive in the second half than he was in the games he played in the first half, when both Bulger and the o-line were playing much better.

Those stats I guesstimated for Jackson are alomst exactly what Leonard got in his starts, where he never got more than 18 carries, broke 60 yards only once, got more than 3 receptions only once and never sniffed the end zone.

Just my opinion, but I think it looks grim for SJax. :D

:D

If Bulger can't consistently complete a pass to a WR, then how will they sustain drives?

If they can't sustain a drive, then how will SJax stay on the field long enough to put up numbers like last year?

SJax, in '06, absolutely benefited greatly from Bulger that had an OL that allowed him to post a 92 rating and 4300yds.

Edited by kingfish247

Well geez dude, you are not giving me much confidence...I hope you are wrong, and I think you do too!

Well geez dude, you are not giving me much confidence...I hope you are wrong, and I think you do too!

I know, dude, it sucks saying this about my home team, and I'll still be there at the games yelling my head off. I just try and be as objective as I can when it comes to the home team and FF, and sometimes I probably swing too far to the pessimistic side.

But just because I don't see much reason for optimism, doesn't mean I'm not hoping for a turnaround. I've also been a big defender of both Holt and Bruce on these boards recently, in addition to being careful to say that I think SJax is a stud, he's just in a nearly impossible situation right now.

So the Cardinals put up a pretty horrible season defendng their World Championship, the Rams are putrid, but hey, did you see that Blues-Ducks game the other night? Awesome!

If Bulger can't consistently complete a pass to a WR, then how will they sustain drives?

If they can't sustain a drive, then how will SJax stay on the field long enough to put up numbers like last year?

SJax, in '06, absolutely benefited greatly from Bulger that had an OL that allowed him to post a 92 rating and 4300yds.

This is it in a nutshell. We're probably the kings of the 3-and-out this season. Not great for this team from a fantasy perspective.

your probably right, -don't start him this week :D

your probably right, -don't start him this week :D

Do what you think is best but I have two healthy productive starting RBs with decent matchups to start over SJax.

With the way the Rams offense has been going lately, SJax is no lock for a huge game this weekend. He's no lock to even make it through the entire 60 minutes OR get 20+ touches.

:D <-----myself?

shame on the homer for giving up on his studs :D

I do think he's a stud, he's just in a horrible position right now. That said, he did look pretty good early before he got hurt again. There were still no holes, but against that CLE defense he was able to bounce a few things outside, and did have a touchdown run up the middle for two yards.

On the radio after the game they were openly questioning the Rams official report that it was back spasms that caused him to leave, saying that they saw the trainer looking at his leg. Is his groin reinjured? We'll see I guess.