[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RBBC to continue in Indy?

PaulOttCarruth

Per Rotoworld:

Coach Tony Dungy said Tuesday that the Colts "are developing more and more confidence" in Kenton Keith and "want to get him in there."

Keith and Joseph Addai split carries Monday night and it sounds like the Colts plan to continue that going forward. "Joseph missing the week before may have had a little something to do with it but more and more I think having those guys go and keeping those guys fresh is going to be good for our running game," Dungy said. The news is bad for Addai, but makes Keith a potential RB3/Flex option.

If true, this would be a huge development, Addai owners shouldn't be worried as he will get his dollas up (10-15 PPG) but he won't be seeing many of those 20+ point games he had earlier in the season. It would be insane if it turned into a true RBBC situation in Indy, just another team falling to the curse. This is where we start to see the worth in guys like LT, LJ, Gore, Westrbook, guys who really carry the team. Now that I think about it, it was never discussed that Addai could split time, but it makes sense considering they could throw any runningback into that offense and he would be productive.

Agreed..and it was discussed prior to the start of the season...Dungy said he would love to have a similar situation as last year, a la Rhodes and Addai..and there were thoughts that he may bring a veteran in.....

that being said, when Addai went down and Keith filled in admirably, I think light went off in Dungy's head...Keep Addai fresh during the regular season, without giving up a tremendous amount when Keith is in....

Heck, may start both this week....

You know Turner (in SD) has gotten a lot of work this year as well. Not too many teams that don't give 5 - 10 carries to Back-ups (Philly etc..) but that's not th same as RBBC like we have in Den last year or the Giants this year where whoever is playing well gets more carries in any particular game.

Edited by rai

Also, Keith looks much better than Rhodes last year.

Rhodes was absolutely awful at times last year. God bless him for his performance in the SB, but Rhodes hasn't been the same since the knee injury.

I still wouldn't expect RBBC in Indy per se. Keith will get a lot of carries, but whether that will be 5 or 15 in a game will vary. After Addai was officially named the starter last year, there were games where there was little semblance of RBBC (Addai 24 carries [with 4 TDs], Rhodes 14 carries vs. PHI; Addai 15 carries, Rhodes 2 carries @ HOU; Addai 21 carries, Rhodes 9 carries vs. MIA; Addai 18 carries, Rhodes 4 carries @ NE). Not only will a 50/50 split of carries be unusual, but I would expect Keith to get more carries than Addai in a game or two. The only prediction that I can make with any confidence is that Keith will get the ball more late in blowouts when they're trying to eat clock.

My feeling is that, ON AVERAGE, Addai will get 18 carries and Keith will get 10. But the game-to-game variance in those averages will be substantial.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Agreed........either way, Addai is still great...but worse scenario is Monday night...he rushes 23 yards or so.....gets winded..takes himself out..Keith up middle for the score...

This week, starting gore and both Keith and addai...figure I'll leave Colston or Cotcery on the bench....feel that Keith or addai..or both..have better chance of scoring...