[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stallworth Over Welker?

Demosthenes

Same here.

So?

From Mike Reiss' Blog on Boston.com

"A look at the positional groupings used by the Patriots' offense Sunday against the Dolphins:

3 WR/1 TE/1 RB -- 29 of 52 snaps

4 WR/1 RB -- 15 of 52

2 WR/2 TE/1 RB -- 4 of 52

3 TE/1 FB/1 RB -- 3 of 52

3 WR/1 FB/1 RB -- 1 of 52

QB Tom Brady -- 43 of 52

WR Randy Moss -- 42 of 52 4/122 and 2 TDs

WR Donte' Stallworth -- 41 of 52 4/51 and 1 TD

WR Wes Welker -- 41 of 52 9/132 and 2 TDs

TE Kyle Brady -- 32 of 52

RB Kevin Faulk -- 31 of 52

WR Jabar Gaffney -- 26 of 52

TE Marcellus Rivers -- 11 of 52

RB/FB Heath Evans -- 10 of 52

RB Kyle Eckel -- 7 of 52

RB Laurence Maroney -- 7 of 52

WR Kelley Washington -- 7 of 52

QB Matt Gutierrez -- 6 of 52

QB Matt Cassel -- 3 of 52

TE/LB Mike Vrabel -- 3 of 52

LB/FB Junior Seau -- 1 of 52"

In the Dallas game Stallworth had slightly more yards (136 - 124), but Welker had more catches and TDs (11-7, and 2-1)

While I agree that Stallworth didn't start off strong due to getting in game shape, Welker is the new Troy Brown (or Ben Coates) As long as he holds on to the ball and make plays, Brady will keep looking his way.

Agree! :D

That was awesome stuff..........Great post.......... :D

stoppage: actually, my name's based on the greek orator, not Ender's Game. Good book, although I've only read the first =)

And, not a shameless who to start at all. I own Stallworth, but not Welker. I just noticed people talking about how Welker's doing good just because Watson's been out, and realized Stallworth started his upswing before, and wondered if others thought this was a sign of better things for Stallworth. Seems not.

stoppage: actually, my name's based on the greek orator, not Ender's Game. Good book, although I've only read the first =)

And, not a shameless who to start at all. I own Stallworth, but not Welker. I just noticed people talking about how Welker's doing good just because Watson's been out, and realized Stallworth started his upswing before, and wondered if others thought this was a sign of better things for Stallworth. Seems not.

no, I was asking a shameless who to start.......Stallworth or Marshall :D

Stallworth is probably a better receiver than Welker, but the latter gets much more favorable matchups. And that's why he's out-producing Stallworth this year.

I agree with this.

I would take Welker over Stalworth fantasywise because of Stalworth's past hamstring problems.he is always hurt .I believe he is hurting right now as he is listed as questionable. when he is healthy though the Patriots have 2 guys who are a capable NFL # 1 WR.

heres another little nugget from Mike Reiss @ Boston.com....

'Wide receive Donte' Stallworth has been as advertised when it comes to running after the catch. Stallworth has caught touchdown passes in each of the last three weeks by breaking or avoiding tackles to reach the end zone. Stallworth is averaging 8.6 yards after catch (YAC) per reception. For comparison, Wes Welker is third in the NFL with 278 total yards after the catch (behind Miami's Ronnie Brown and Philadelphia's Brian Westbrook), but averages only 5.9 YAC.'

Lets get real for Just a Minute.........Lets have a show of Hands on how many of us over the years have been burnt by Stallworth's potential or Injury bug.......I drafted him twice before, same results, disapointed. But you could say the same for Moss in oakland though? Maybe Brady just make everyone better or the pats system.......But I refuse to be baited by Stallworths potential anymore.......I have Welker and think personally he is a better starter in FF football, which is different than the NFL.........I'll stop preaching now.

Edited by IrishPride

lets get really real for just a minute and take it down to a human level....

if a dude sees the opportunity to rise to the top of his game and get a ring,

you could make an argument that he would take better care of himself and

work harder...and also, the Patriots system is a huge part of their success

so they will use him/condition him (or anyone) wisely to help keep them on the field.