[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best team in the NFC?

Chavez

Attention AFC fans - yes, we all know the NFC is "garbage" so there's no need to post your opinion re-affirming that in here.

I was breaking it down for sh*ts and grins:

The Cowboys are the sexy pick, and as far as a consistent and balanced offensive and defensive effort, they have hands down looked the best for the bulk of the season...then again, they also looked like garbage losing to the Pats and beating a so-so Vikes team. Opp record - 18-22

Green Bay has everything you'd like, except a running game - I'm not looking for a DOMINANT running game, I'm talking about a COMPETENT one - and that glaring lack really rankles. They also looked pretty rough their past two games, letting a struggling Chicago team sneak out of Lambeau with a win and struggling against a good Washington team. GB gets points for already having beaten the Giants. Opp record - 19-13

New York has two losses, unlike the one-loss Pack and Boys, but their last 4 wins have looked pretty good - all by 10+ points. The fact that they came against the sad-sack Eagles, Jest, Falcan'ts, and 9ers makes that streak a bit less impressive. Opp record - 19-19

Right now I'd have to say I need more evidence, if that isn't too much of a hedge:

- Green Bay faces two tough road games @ Den and @ KC; win BOTH of those and their standing goes up a bunch - figure a split leaving GB 6-2 at the halfway mark

- Dallas goes on the road for 2 division games - @ Phi, who've been struggling, and @ NYG for the Pepsi challenge; they oughta beat Philly and I'll give the Giants the home-field win, leaving Dal at 7-2

- NYG have what should be a cakewalk vs Miami before getting the Cowboys at home. 7-2

So in two weeks, we probably won't know anymore than we do right now.

I honestly think that Dallas is the best and that the Ginats really have done a nice job righting the ship and aren't too far behind and just may be as good. I mean compare their players- Romo and Eli- I'd take Romo but Eli has really improved this year. Both of their backfields are by committee at this point with Jones/Barber and Jacobs/Ward/Droughns. At WR you have Plax and Owens and then Toomer and Crayton. At TE you have Witten and Shockey. I feel the O-lines are similar as well, with Dallas having a better one. The G-men have a better pass rush and Dallas probably has a slightly better secondary. The Packers are obviously right there as well but need to establish a better running game.

Nov 11th Dallas plays @ the Giants and Nov 29th Green Bay plays @ Dallas. So we'll definitely get some answers.

I honestly think that Dallas is the best and that the Ginats really have done a nice job righting the ship and aren't too far behind and just may be as good. I mean compare their players- Romo and Eli- I'd take Romo but Eli has really improved this year. Both of their backfields are by committee at this point with Jones/Barber and Jacobs/Ward/Droughns. At WR you have Plax and Owens and then Toomer and Crayton. At TE you have Witten and Shockey. I feel the O-lines are similar as well, with Dallas having a better one. The G-men have a better pass rush and Dallas probably has a slightly better secondary. The Packers are obviously right there as well but need to establish a better running game.

Nov 11th Dallas plays @ the Giants and Nov 29th Green Bay plays @ Dallas. So we'll definitely get some answers.

And Favre's the only one of the 3 that's won the big one.

Too early to tell.

And Favre's the only one of the 3 that's won the big one.

Too early to tell.

True but he's going to need more help and even though the GB defense has played well, there not that good that they can make up the difference.

I'm taking the Packers for two reasons: 1) Their strength of schedule is obviously better (and it looks even stronger when you consider the '06 playoff teams with poorer '07 records). 2) Their running game is just barely showing signs of life...and it can only get better. :D

But it's okay if everybody else likes the Cowboys and Giants. We don't need "respect"; we just need to keep racking up the W's.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

Bears

The Bears have been looking better since Griese came on. I don't know what happened to their defense though. It isn't looking nearly as good as in years past. Hasn't looked good at all matter of fact. They need to get that back together if they're going to have a shot.

Edited by Crazysight

Id say the cowboys with the giants close behind

you have to remember the giants kept that game close in dallas after they lost their starting RB, OSI, and a few other starters pretty fast

I think if the giants stay healthy the game in the meadowlands will be very different

Edited by gasface

The Seahawks don't play ANYBODY else the rest of the season that CNN/Si currently has ranked in the top 13 teams in the NFL. They WILL make the playoffs, and are always dangerous once they get there (ask the Cowboys and Bears, both who everybody though would crush the Hawks last year). I'm not saying they are the best team in the NFC, but you don't have to be. All you have to do is win a couple playoff games, which they are capable of doing. We have 9 weeks to turn Mo Morris into a playoff RB.

The Seahawks don't play ANYBODY else the rest of the season that CNN/Si currently has ranked in the top 13 teams in the NFL. They WILL make the playoffs, and are always dangerous once they get there (ask the Cowboys and Bears, both who everybody though would crush the Hawks last year). I'm not saying they are the best team in the NFC, but you don't have to be. All you have to do is win a couple playoff games, which they are capable of doing. We have 9 weeks to turn Mo Morris into a playoff RB.

Panthers are Ravens aren't in the top 13?

That site has the Lions ranked higher than all 3.

Panthers are Ravens aren't in the top 13?

That site has the Lions ranked higher than all 3.

I believe they have the Cats ranked 14 and the Ravens come soon after. Maybe I am wrong and one is 13, but I thought I had heard 14. Either way, I'm awfully close and I'm far too lazy to look it up again. The point is, the Seahawks have to play absolutely horribly to lose more than 3 games the rest of the year.

Edited by Seahawks21

:D

I assume we have our long lived bet still going. :D

Don't laugh too hard, my friend. The Pack look good and the Bears look bad, currently. I don't make predictions, but when the NFC North plays THE NFC North, there IS a different chemistry. This weekend against Detroit will be a tide turner. Detroit wins, we're dead for the playoffs. Bears win, the playoffs are viable. Regardless, the Bears beat GB twice this year, IF the Bears have a winning record by Dec. 23rd!

I'll agree with you this one time. Seattle has a very easy schedule from here on out and a 10-6 or 11-5 record is very plausible. The O-line needs to learn how to run block but having the #1 and #2 WRs healthy for more than couple plays for 7 weeks of football can only help take 8 men out of the box. Burleson, Obamanu, and Taylor are athletes but simply are too inexperienced or too dumb (Burleson?) to consistently run good routes in the WCO.

Seattle and Green Bay seem like very similar teams thus far with a decent passing attack but a horrendous running game.

I think Dallas and NY Giants are the two best teams in the NFC at this point.

Edited by bushwacked

Hasslebeck grabbing his ribs for half the Rams game makes me wonder,but I hope youre right.

I believe they have the Cats ranked 14 and the Ravens come soon after. Maybe I am wrong and one is 13, but I thought I had heard 14. Either way, I'm awfully close and I'm far too lazy to look it up again. The point is, the Seahawks have to play absolutely horribly to lose more than 3 games the rest of the year.

2 of the Seahawks wins come against SF and STL who didn't have their offenses even remotely close to whole. Tb is not a bad win, but Cincy isn't really anything to brag about, and they got beat by the Saints who struggled to finish off the Falcons. I think you have to give it to Dallas and I hate the Cowboys, ( I'm a Bear fan so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with Dallas and the Packers). Don't sleep on the Redskins their defense is for real, and if they can get their offensive line back, they'll have a running game to go along with a decent passing attack.

Edited by Ice717