[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So in my local work league

Hat Trick

Surely, most of the guys in the league wouldn't go for this? Who the heck would? I'd guess 99% of fantasy players realistically would not think that was cool, despite it working to their benefit. Well, maybe 80%, there are plenty of Megan Fox's in the world, I guess.

Transactions are deleteable :D

True, but I do check the league rules a lot in this one after I saw him change something prior to the draft. I just thought this might happen, but int he back of my mind I kept saying nah, this can't happen in any of my leagues, i was wrong I guess.

The rule can be changed to have QB passes go from 4 pts. to 6 pts., but it would ONLY be AFTER the season when bringing that point up during the offseason. Can't believe he actually changed it own his own. :D

According to HT, the commish did not change the rule on his own...he claims that the scoring in the league management softward was set to 4 pt TD passes when it should have been six.

If that was the case, all owners would know it was six and would have prepped and drafted that way. Additionally, after 7 weeks, no one brought up the fact that td passes were only 4 pts when they should have been 6?

It's fishy...if the ownership never noticed it all this time, then that 6 pt TD rule never existed. Commish is dead wrong and should have left it alone.

[

Even if the league rules are etched in stone and say a passing TD is worth 6 points, the fact that the commish took until week 8 to notice the error in the scoring indicates he is a complete slow. More likely than that(or, perhaps, in addition to) is the guy is a POS looking to save his team and doesnt really care how he does it. The fact that he would just go and change the scoring like that and then argue with you that its not an issue tells me the guy is a complete clown and you should do whatever you can to recoup your entry fee and then drop that league like a hot rock.

yup for sure its to late to go back now no matter what

I have been known to overstep my commish duties in instances I felt were best for the integrity of the league. I have learned with the help of those in these forums, NOT TO DO SO. Even so, i would have never done anything like this , nor would i tolerate it. This commish is clueless and needs to be removed from power ASAP.

I have a rule for this kind of issue in my leagues. If a scoring error is found on the hosting site, it is corrected to be reflected in the next weeks games. Now this applies to the rules laid out in the preseason verse the input selected by the hosting site.

If our preseason rules stated QB's get 6 points and when i set up the MFL site , i entered in 4 points by mistake. It would be corrected and instituted for the following week.

My question is, were there any written rules stating QB's would be getting 6 points? If so, then the commish may have a point. He may have entered in the wrong settings.

+1

DJ [1:47 PM]:

Man, the stuff that has been going on in this league so far and you complaining about 2 pts.

DJ [1:56 PM]:

Cheating would consist of me making the league favor me. Even after the scoring change, everyone had the same record except for one person and he wasn't even in you division. And again, with the shadiness that has been going on so far, you can't even say I'm cheating cause everything I've done has been legit.

:D You just can't make up stuff like this.

I hope this guy isn't in a decision making position for your company. If so, you might want to start looking for a new job while you're looking for a new league.

It's all smoothed over now, but he still thinks it was no big deal :D I'm still just completely floored that he'd change it and think it wouldn't affect anythign at all :D It's so hard not to play with these guys every year cause they talk so much trash every year. The guy that won last year had LT of course and cruised to a championship only losing 2 games all year, to ME, he's my biggest rival mainly cause he won't shut the f up and I like kicking his rear. Here's my current rosterr after trades if anyones interested.

McNabb

AD

R Bush

M Barber III

S Young

S Alexander

S Holmes

C Johnson

A Johnson

K Curtis

K Winslow

J Witten

Skins D

Gostkowski

#2 overall in points. The only bad move I've made all year was dropping Welker right before game 1 this year.

Edited by Hat Trick

I have been known to overstep my commish duties in instances I felt were best for the integrity of the league. I have learned with the help of those in these forums, NOT TO DO SO. Even so, i would have never done anything like this , nor would i tolerate it. This commish is clueless and needs to be removed from power ASAP.

:D

Now that is rich. I see to remember you just as adamantly defending your use of commissioner powers to veto a trade ...

Edited by Grits and Shins

this is the only leg he has to stand on.....

if points for passing td's were agreed upon before the season as 6, then he is justified in re-calculating scores, results, and standing. but he cannot unilaterally change a scoring rule after the draft (with some exceptions and full league agreement).

Agreed, however, as commish, he should have caught this weeks ago, not week 8 of the season. I'm not sure what to do if the it's stated in the rules and the scoring system was incorrectly inputted into the system. If those weren't the rules, this guy is a very weak and untrustworthy.

Agreed, however, as commish, he should have caught this weeks ago, not week 8 of the season. I'm not sure what to do if the it's stated in the rules and the scoring system was incorrectly inputted into the system. If those weren't the rules, this guy is a very weak and untrustworthy.

As I mention above, the commish's argument that this was simply inputting scoring wrong holds no water because:

1) HT mentions that had he known that pass TD's were 6 points instead of 4, he'd have planned for and drafted differently.

2) NOT ONE OWNER called this to the commish's attention until he himself supposedly noticed it in week 7.

That neither occurred tells me one thing: TD's were never 6 points. They were always four. This would have been caught long before week 7. The commish is dishonest and not worthy of running a league. That he backed down to HT so quickly shows that he was trying to cheat.

:D You just can't make up stuff like this.

I hope this guy isn't in a decision making position for your company. If so, you might want to start looking for a new job while you're looking for a new league.

No kidding. Hat's commish sounds like an absolute moran. I'm surprised that he even has a job.

Andy [1:45 PM]:

did you change the scoring?

Andy [1:45 PM]:

you can't change the scoring mid season

DJ [1:46 PM]:

Changed one thing cause I thought it was already set but I missed it. QB TD passes 4 to 6pts.

Andy [1:46 PM]:

can't do that man

that is a HUGE no no

change it back

DJ [1:47 PM]:

Man, the stuff that has been going on in this league so far and you complaining about 2 pts.

Andy [1:47 PM]:

it changes points scored and standings

Andy [1:48 PM]:

and, what's been going on in this league? and I'm not complaining, this is a golden rule in FF

DJ [1:49 PM]:

It's been real shady around here with the deals that have been going around

DJ [1:51 PM]:

And you act like the scoring change would have mattered cause you were still in first in your division

Only change was in my division

And that was Thornbrugh moved to first place

Andy [1:53 PM]:

DJ, seriously, are you serious? #1 rule in FF is no changing scoring rules mid season, after the first game is considered mid season, had you noticed this after the first game and wanted to change it, it would have taken a unanimous decision to make the change. I drafted according to the scoring rules that were in place.

Andy [1:53 PM]:

I will drop all my players to the WW and quit if you don;t change it back.

DJ [1:54 PM]:

Quit crying, I already did.

Andy [1:54 PM]:

crying, ha, far from it, it's called over stepping your authority and cheating

DJ [1:56 PM]:

Cheating would consist of me making the league favor me. Even after the scoring change, everyone had the same record except for one person and he wasn't even in you division. And again, with the shadiness that has been going on so far, you can't even say I'm cheating cause everything I've done has been legit.

DJ [1:57 PM]:

Too much undercutting and side talking has made this league separate into cliques

Andy [1:57 PM]:

everything up until that change, yes

Andy [1:58 PM]:

I have had no problems with anything anyone has done thus far

DJ [1:58 PM]:

And tell me how that changed messed with your record?

DJ [1:58 PM]:

Or your team

Andy [1:58 PM]:

It changed me from #2 overall and a bye, to #4 overall

Andy [1:59 PM]:

seriously, think about what that change does

Andy [1:59 PM]:

nate and I even talked about the 4 vs 6 before the draft

DJ [2:01 PM]:

And the thing is, out of all the people in the league, you have been to only continually filing grievances cause things were not the way you're used to. From scoring to the playoff format.

DJ [2:01 PM]:

Trying to get evert little piece of the league to fit your mold

DJ [2:02 PM]:

And I been cool about it and just went along with it

Andy [2:02 PM]:

you're clueless

DJ [2:02 PM]:

And you're too obsessed

Andy [2:05 PM]:

I asked about the playoff format cause I've never seen it that way, ever. Bill and others agreed it was stupid. Change that back if ya want i don't care, but ti's a stupid way to play playoffs after head to head all year. Then YOU decide on your own you're going to chang the QB scoring mid season, that's messed up. I love FF, it's a hobby for me, I take great pride in my research and projections. If you think I'm obsessed so be it, wee were cool until Toler chose to trade with me over you, you used to ask me for advice weekly and I thought we were cool and I was building a rapport with you,

Andy [2:06 PM]:

then all the sudden you were short with me. I didn;t reject your trade Toler did. Bottom line is you can;t change scoring mid season, that's the biggest rule in FF.

ones,DJ [2:12 PM]:

With the few deals that have went down and you were involved in almost all of the them somehow even when the person you dealt with got a better deal with someone else.

Andy [2:14 PM]:

I'm a good negotiator?

Yes, he has Brady, but he's been decimated by injuries, he started out 0-3 and is now 4-3 and in 5th place. The playoff format that I asked about, and never asked him to change (just thought it was retarded) was 4 teams make the playoffs and you play the same team 2 weeks in a row and most points combined wins, same in the league championship, stupid. It was changed to 6 teams make it (which helps him) and 2 get byes with head to head there on out.

If you didn't read all that I understand.

:D

If this was on MTV as like a reality show, I would be tuned in every night....that is better than that sunset tan show...........