[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Addai still hurting

CaptainHook

It didn't hurt Joseph Addai to share the workload with Kenton Keith in Monday night's win at Jacksonville, but it was pain that contributed to the selfless approach.

Still bothered by a sore shoulder injured against Denver on Sept. 30, Addai frequently took himself out of the Jaguars game. After breaking off a 23-yard run on fourth-and-1 in the first quarter, he got to his feet, seemed to flex his shoulder and waved for Keith to take his place in the huddle.

"I was taking myself out and bringing myself back in,'' Addai said Thursday. "It's a long season and you want to be smart. I get that from the older guys: be smart about what you're doing.

"In college it was more trying to fight through it, trying to fight through it.''

Addai insisted he could play an entire game if that was required of him. Against the Jaguars' 11th-ranked run defense, Addai carried 16 times for 85 yards and Keith 15 times for 56 yards and one TD.

The Colts have used the share-the-load approach much of the season, similar to 2006 when Addai and Dominic Rhodes divvied up the carries. Addai, who missed the Tampa Bay win with the shoulder injury, has rushed 100 times for 492 yards, Keith 66 times for 311 yards.

from Indianapolis Star

The two-back approach worked so well last season that the Colts won the Super Bowl...no doubt this will continue for the rest of this season and possibly into next year as well. Addai's value takes a tremendous hit here.

Edited by The Wolf

"Coach Tony Dungy indicated Tuesday that Joseph Addai will continue to lose significant carries to Kenton Keith after they essentially split time Monday night.

"Kenton's played well and we want to get him in there," Dungy said. "I think we're developing more and more confidence in him. Joseph missing the week before may have had a little something to do with it but more and more I think having those guys go and keeping those guys fresh is going to be good for our running game."

NFL teams will do what's in the best interest of the franchise and it's players. Fantasy Football will just need to adapt to the RBBC movement in the NFL. For instance, a FFL could choose to draft teams instead of RBs much like we've seen with team QBs.

yeah hat would be fun ...and the only type of league i have used a team QB in is in 32 team leagues....

if FF truly wants to adapt to RBBC then prior to the draft you will have to designate what teams are considered RBBC and figure out a factor to apply to those RBs stats to make then equal to a non RBBC...OR we could just quit crying about it and accept it as it is

Keith will continue to play only when Addai isnt' 100% (like now) and when he needs a breather. Take what you want from what Dungy said, but this is not and will not be a RBBC when Addai is healthy. Of course he wants to keep fresh guys on the field. Keith has done fine....but he's not even as good as Rhodes. Dungy may be concerned about Addai's ability to take the punishment throughout the season. He takes alot of shots with his running style and finishes off runs. IMO what's going on right now is an effort to keep Addai ON the field later in the season and heading into the playoffs.......not off of it.

... Keith has done fine....but he's not even as good as Rhodes. ...

:D

I would absolutely differ. Keith is a better runner in every way than Rhodes in '06.

Keith has almost half of Rhodes '06 rushing totals through 6 games on 1/3 of Rhodes '06 total attempts.

Edited by kingfish247

The two-back approach worked so well last season that the Colts won the Super Bowl...no doubt this will continue for the rest of this season and possibly into next year as well. Addai's value takes a tremendous hit here.

The two-back approach last season what somewhat necessary, as their best back didn't know the offense yet. I would've been shocked if Rhodes didn't get at least 150 carries last year.

I fully expect Addai to be limited to 20 or so carries a game, but I find it amusing that so many people here are suddenly screaming "RBBC! Addai's value is tanking!" when Addai isn't even healthy. Geez, get a grip.

The two-back approach last season what somewhat necessary, as their best back didn't know the offense yet. I would've been shocked if Rhodes didn't get at least 150 carries last year.

I fully expect Addai to be limited to 20 or so carries a game, but I find it amusing that so many people here are suddenly screaming "RBBC! Addai's value is tanking!" when Addai isn't even healthy. Geez, get a grip.

This is my opinion as well.

if FF truly wants to adapt to RBBC then prior to the draft you will have to designate what teams are considered RBBC and figure out a factor to apply to those RBs stats to make then equal to a non RBBC...OR we could just quit crying about it and accept it as it is

I don't think I'm interested in team anything. I prefer to accept that things change over a season, injuries happen, RBBCs get formed / dissolved and so on. Maybe I'm just a traditionalist but where's the skill in drafting an entire team so that you're automatically covered?

Hey, I've got it even worse with my Addai/Keith combo only getting me to 5-2. :D

6 and 1 here....

and this week, contemplating starting them BOTH in the backfield with Gore.....

If Colts get up on the Panthers, could be a lot of Keith in 2nd half....

YEAR TEAM GP ATT YDS AVG. LONG TD FUM

2003 SASK 10 102 709 7 59 5 4

2004 SASK 14 190 1154 6.1 71 9 3

2005 SASK 13 151 911 6 75 5 4

2006 SASK   167 1037 6.2 - 2 8

TOTALS   610 3,811 6.2 75 21 19

When, not if, Kenton starts putting the rock on the carpet, things will revert back very quickly.

YEAR TEAM GP ATT YDS AVG. LONG TD FUM

2003 SASK 10 102 709 7 59 5 4

2004 SASK 14 190 1154 6.1 71 9 3

2005 SASK 13 151 911 6 75 5 4

2006 SASK 167 1037 6.2 - 2 8

TOTALS 610 3,811 6.2 75 21 19

When, not if, Kenton starts putting the rock on the carpet, things will revert back very quickly.

:D Geez, it's not even that deep...things will revert back very quickly once Addai is healthy. Keith is OK...but, as I mentioned, he's not even as good as Rhodes was. The Colts offense is essentially plug and play with a RB at this point anyway. Not diminishing Addai's talents...as I think even the Colts have been pleasantly surprised by his abilities. The DEF respects the pass so much, it would be hard for any FA RB to come in and not do at least OK. The one thing they value in their backups and any RBs is pass protection. He hasn't had to do much of that.....but has seemed to do okay. Not sure, but that is probably why he is still there over DeDe Dorsey. That and learning the playbook and audibles.

Edited by Hitman

Keith impresses my eye. :D

If he doesn't start fumbling, he looks solid and if I were calling the shots :D, I would shuttle the $hit outta them :wacko: .

I have Addai sans Keith and would not be surprised if Addai loses touches when healthy :wacko: .

Edited by Ramhock

Seriously, this is just :D

I don't disagree with your overall assessment of the situation between Addai/Keith but you're kidding yourself if you think Keith isn't as good as, or even better, than Rhodes.

I have watched every Colts game for the past several years, and follow them very closely....and that's just my opinion. Not saying I know it all, but we just agree to disagree. :D