[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Watson the starter this week? (no RBBC?)

rai

taken from the huddle training room update:

Rudi Johnson, CIN

Strained Hamstring - I can't quite understand what is going on with Bengals' RB Rudi Johnson. Johnson has been dealing with a strained hamstring since Week 3 and every week since then we've been hearing that the injury is not serious and that he is being held out of practice as a precaution. Unfortunately the injury and the missed practices have translated into very limited action and missed games (2 to be exact). Bengals' head coach Marvin Lewis told reporters that Johnson might be ready to play in Week 8. But after being held out of practice on Wednesday and Thursday one has to wonder just how close (or far) he is to being activated. Obviously his hamstring is a lot worse than what the team has reported and it appears that he is still at least a few weeks away from being completely healthy. So even if he practices today and is activated to play on Sunday against the Steelers he'll likely share carries with Kenny Watson.

And if Watson starts, he isn't duplicating his feat from last week.

Rudi missed practice Friday as well and is now listed as doubtful for Sunday's game, so it looks like Watson will get the bulk of the carries again:

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/benga...-both-teams.asp

As I posted in another thread, I think this is a make or break game in terms of whether or not Watson will keep the starting job moving forward.

I have Watson and Rudi, IMHO if Rudi isnt playing by next week AND Watson has a great game against PIT, consider Watson the starter from here on out and resting Rudi. Sure Rudi will get some carries in later weeks but he wont get as much as Watson if he performs well this week.

At first my feeling was that it would be hard to bench Rudi when he comes back healthy from his hammy issue. However, after seeing Watson handle his business the way he has been and Rudi's problems obviously being worse than what was originally thought or reported, I think this may be Watson's job to lose.

Watson will get the nod. Look at his stats last week.

Ease up partner, he played the Jets who everyone seems to be tearing up one way or another. However, he did throw up some crazy stats and that is why I think if he has another solid game against the Steelers this week, the job could/should be his for the rest of the stretch run.

Ease up partner, he played the Jets who everyone seems to be tearing up one way or another. However, he did throw up some crazy stats and that is why I think if he has another solid game against the Steelers this week, the job could/should be his for the rest of the stretch run.

Yes--he might drop back to a more human level of 1TD per game--rather than 3.

Yes--he might drop back to a more human level of 1TD per game--rather than 3.

I hope he has a TD this week against the Steelers as that's one tough defense. If he pulls off close to 100 yards anda TD this week, there's no way they can bench him. I read somewhere, maybe here, that the Big Wigs for the Bengals think Watson, not Rudi, may be a better fit in the offense moving forward regardless.