[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DJ Hackett

tomfin2000

Hackett is expected to return next week, and he's a free agent in just about every league I play in. Based on everything I've heard out of Seattle, it sounds like there's a pretty good chance that he will start opposite of Branch with Engram returning to the slot and Burleson handling the return duties and playing in 4WR and 5WR sets. It looks like the Seahawks have become a passing team with all of the struggles they've had running the ball, so will there be enough production for Hackett to be an every week play in a standard 12 team league that starts three WRs, or is this going to be a WRBC where he'll have a good game one week and then disappear the next?

I hope so.

The Sports Xchange reports when coach Mike Holmgren returns from the bye week, he is going to have to figure out what to do with a running game mired in mediocrity and what to do with the return of WRs Deion Branch (foot) and D.J. Hackett (ankle). When the season began, Branch was the starting flanker and Hackett the starting split end. But Hackett suffered a high-ankle sprain in the first quarter of the first game and has not played since. Branch was injured against Pittsburgh, and Bobby Engram has become the team's leading receiver lately. However, Holmgren is likely to go back to Hackett and Branch as his starters, with the ever-reliable Engram sliding back to the slot as the third receiver.

(Updated 10/25/2007).

Hackett is expected to return next week, and he's a free agent in just about every league I play in. Based on everything I've heard out of Seattle, it sounds like there's a pretty good chance that he will start opposite of Branch with Engram returning to the slot and Burleson handling the return duties and playing in 4WR and 5WR sets. It looks like the Seahawks have become a passing team with all of the struggles they've had running the ball, so will there be enough production for Hackett to be an every week play in a standard 12 team league that starts three WRs, or is this going to be a WRBC where he'll have a good game one week and then disappear the next?

Nate Burleson has done okay with Hackett and Branch out, but really done little to secure steady playing time as a #2 or #3 WR (which was the buzz coming into week 1). Right now, Bobby Engram is getting a ton of catches because he is the only WR that knows the WCO well enough to execute routes and be where Hass expects him to. Hackett started getting a lot of looks, and performed very well, at the end of last year. I would also expect that he might be the favorite red zone target.

Injecting any mediocre wide receiver into the turgid offensive mess that is Seattle's will fail to jump-start the offense.

Seattle is number 10 in passing yards per game.

Injecting any mediocre wide receiver into the turgid offensive mess that is Seattle's will fail to jump-start the offense.

Three words for Hackett....Big Play Potential. Both for the Seahawks, and for fantasy owners. I'm guessing they will waste very little time getting him going, as in, I bet they give him a shot the first time they get across midfield and he is on the field. Hackett will stretch the field, and although I personally don't think is any hope for the RB at this point, there is a chance that Alexander benefits directly from the opposing safeties having to respect the deep ball.

With Engram in the #1 one spot, reasonable expectations placed him somewhere around 7-70 on any given week. As the #3, I would say it is more of 5-50. I don't think his touchdown chances will take much of a hit. He will still be very consistent, just not as much high side.