[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marvin Harrison OUT

CaptainHook

The Indianapolis Colts will be without two starters when they meet the Carolina Panthers Sunday.

Eight-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Marvin Harrison (knee) and weak-side linebacker Freddy Keiaho (post-concussion syndrome) have been ruled out of the game and will not accompany the team to Charlotte.

There was no comment from the team on either player.

Harrison bruised his left knee Sept. 30 against Denver and missed the following game against Tampa Bay. He returned to the field last Monday night at Jacksonville, catching three passes for 16 yards, but did not practice all week.

Keiaho suffered a concussion against the Broncos, missed the Tampa Bay game and was cleared to play against Jacksonville.

from Indianapolis Star

The Indianapolis Colts will be without two starters when they meet the Carolina Panthers Sunday.

Eight-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Marvin Harrison (knee) and weak-side linebacker Freddy Keiaho (post-concussion syndrome) have been ruled out of the game and will not accompany the team to Charlotte.

There was no comment from the team on either player.

Harrison bruised his left knee Sept. 30 against Denver and missed the following game against Tampa Bay. He returned to the field last Monday night at Jacksonville, catching three passes for 16 yards, but did not practice all week.

Keiaho suffered a concussion against the Broncos, missed the Tampa Bay game and was cleared to play against Jacksonville.

from Indianapolis Star

link please.................

Indy Star Report? Link:http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071027/SPORTS03/710270455/1058/SPORTS03

Marvin Harrison's availability for the Indianapolis Colts' game at Carolina on Sunday might not be determined until the eight-time Pro Bowl receiver tests his left knee in pregame warm-ups.

Will this be Marvin's last year? Will he go out of the game while he is still at the top?

IMO it is the beginning of the end. No longer a FF WR1 (even health issues aside) IMO - should go cheap next year - if he even plays. So much for gunning for Rice's records :D

IMO it is the beginning of the end. No longer a FF WR1 (even health issues aside) IMO - should go cheap next year - if he even plays. So much for gunning for Rice's records :D

Did you expect him to get anywhere NEAR Rice's records? :D I sure as heck didn't.

Marvin has been going downhill for the past couple of seasons. If you look back at film of the 2002 Marvin, you'll find that the 2007 Marvin isn't even close. That said, he hasn't been healthy for the past few weeks (although he looked pretty good in the season opener, when he WAS healthy) and this is the first time since the Harbaugh years that he's going to miss two games in a season. Even if Reggie is their best WR now, let's not get carried away.

Technically Moorehead would replace Marvin, but he's been missing practice time too. I would think it has to bump Gonzo up though.

Thanks for the info. I assumed Gonzo would start based on the fact he started vs TB. I need to find a replacement this week and was looking at either Gonzalez or Andre Davis.

Let's hope Marvin gets back soon! I really like the guy and hope this won't linger for him.

Thanks for the info. I assumed Gonzo would start based on the fact he started vs TB. I need to find a replacement this week and was looking at either Gonzalez or Andre Davis.

Let's hope Marvin gets back soon! I really like the guy and hope this won't linger for him.

I wish I had Andre Davis available ... I'm having to choose from players like:

Anthony Gonzalez

Roscoe Parrish

Devin Hester

Drew Carter

Glenn Holt

Derek Hagan

Nate Washington

:D

The Colts should go after Chad Johnson this offseason... keep this thing rolling.

Not gonna happen, especially with Polian taking Gonzalez in the first round this year. Marvin's injured right now, but he's far from finished (which should be obvious to anybody who watched the season opener). In the worst-case scenario down the road, they could always move him into the slot and start Gonzalez at flanker.

Plus, Chad's attention whore personality isn't compatible with how the Colts carry themselves.

Plus, Chad's attention whore personality isn't compatible with how the Colts carry themselves.

Yeah, that's definatly a problem.... I dunno, maybe he's like Moss and'll comply if he's winning?

I really like Harrison, but I think he's finished being consistently available... what is he, 36?

I don't see how you can just count on Ganzales taking over... although Clarke's definatly picking up some slack.

It would be awsome to add a talent like Johnson to that offense, and IMO they'll need to add a weapon so theyt don't experience a drop with Marvins decline... unless maybe they're content to be a more physical ball control team like they've been since their postseason run...

Did you expect him to get anywhere NEAR Rice's records? :D I sure as heck didn't.

Marvin has been going downhill for the past couple of seasons. If you look back at film of the 2002 Marvin, you'll find that the 2007 Marvin isn't even close. That said, he hasn't been healthy for the past few weeks (although he looked pretty good in the season opener, when he WAS healthy) and this is the first time since the Harbaugh years that he's going to miss two games in a season. Even if Reggie is their best WR now, let's not get carried away.

I don't get it when people say Harrison has been going downhill for the past couple of years. Especially a guy with a Colts avatar.

Didn't he have 95 catches, 1366 yards and 12 TD's last year leading WR's in most leagues.

He is hurt this year but nowhere near done