[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why the Pats are over-rated

keggerz

Who have they really played? Answer, NO ONE outside of the Cowboys.

Week 1 the Pats play the Jets...

the Jets are currently the 26th ranked Pass D in the league

Week 1: NE 38 Jets 14

Week 2 the Pats play SD...

the NORV TURNER LEAD Chargers are currently the 25th ranked Pass D in the league

Week 2: NE 38 SD 14 (some how I think Marty is sitting in a comfy chair laughing his arse off)

Week 3 the Pats play BUFF...

the Bills are currently the 31st ranked Pass D in the leauge

Week 3: NE 38 Buff 7

was the defense really that scared of JP Losman that they went after his knees?

Week 4 the Pats play Cinn....

The Bengals are currently the 28th ranked Pass D in the league

Week 4: NE 34 Cinn 13

Week 5 the Pats play CLEV.....

the Browns are currently the 29th ranked Pass D in the leauge

Week 5: NE 34 Clev 17

Week 6 the Pats play Dallas....

The Cowboys are currently the 22nd ranked Pass D in the league

Week 6: NE 49 DAL 27

Week 7 the Pats play MIA....

The Phins are currently the 14th ranked Pass D in the league(mostly because they suck vs the run so much)

Week 7: NE 49 MIA 28

The Defense gives up a whopping 179 yards and 3 scores on the GROUND...one will have to wonder how the Pats D will respond to a Smash Mouth attack that will control the clock and keep their Offensive opportunities limited.

BB has so much confidence in his Defense that he has to put God Brady back in vs the dolphins to ensure that they didnt blow their lead.

One has to wonder just how much that devastating loss to the colts last yr in the playoffs F's with their minds

I mean really who have they beaten that they should be pounding their chests about

:D

Edited by keggerz

the NORV TURNER LEAD Chargers are currently the 25th ranked Pass D in the league

Week 2: NE 38 SD 14 (some how I think Marty is sitting in a comfy chair laughing his arse off)

The Phins are currently the 14th ranked Pass D in the league(mostly because they suck vs the run so much)

BB has so much confidence in his Defense that he has to put God Brady back in vs the dolphins to ensure that they didnt blow their lead.

One has to wonder just how much that devastating loss to the colts last yr in the playoffs F's with their minds

I mean really who have they beaten that they should be pounding their chests about

Keggerz:

Some of these teams were predicted to be pretty good this year though (Cinci, San Diego, Dallas). And New England IS 7-0 and they HAVE averaged 40.0 pts per game while holding their competition to 17 PPG. (more than a 2:1 scoring ratio).

Keggerz:

Some of these teams were predicted to be pretty good this year though (Cinci, San Diego, Dallas). And New England IS 7-0 and they HAVE averaged 40.0 pts per game while holding their competition to 17 PPG. (more than a 2:1 scoring ratio).

Cinci sucks mainly because they have been decimated by injuries on the defensive side of the ball and just got their 2nd win vs a putrid Jets squad

SD has the unfortunate reality of being lead weekly into battle by Norv Turner and Dallas yeah they poopy poopster poop poop poop a brick vs the Pats

but hey it was your post about stats that made me post this :D

Edited by keggerz

Cinci sucks mainly because they have been decimated by injuries on the defensive side of the ball and just got their 2nd win vs a putrid Jets squad

SD has the unfortunate reality of being lead weekly into battle by Norv Turner and Dallas yeah they poopy poopster poop poop poop a brick vs the Pats

but hey it was your post about stats that made me post this :D

I kind of had this coming, didn't I?

I agree on Cinci and San Diego hitting the skids this year. They have been among the many surprises.

Are these "current" as of week 8 of as of the week they played them?

If it's as of week 8, then the Patriots had something to do with the current passing ranking (after the fact).

While all those teams do suck versus the pass, they may not have such a bad ranking if you take out the Patriots' passing numbers against them.

IE, their passing ranking with and without playing the Pats. Could be something to look at.

Are these "current" as of week 8 of as of the week they played them?

If it's as of week 8, then the Patriots had something to do with the current passing ranking (after the fact).

While all those teams do suck versus the pass, they may not have such a bad ranking if you take out the Patriots' passing numbers against them.

IE, their passing ranking with and without playing the Pats. Could be something to look at.

yeah it includes the pats stats and I knew someone would say that....but there is no denying just how poor those teams pass D's(hell complete D's really are)

So what happens after Brady throws for 280 and 3 scores against the Skins' D (#8 pass, #5 overall)?

Edit to add: Just went and looked at our fearless leader's projection and I hit the nail on the head! :D

Edited by darin3

So what happens after Brady throws for 280 and 3 scores against the Skins' D (#8 pass, #5 overall)?

Edit to add: Just went and looked at our fearless leader's projection and I hit the nail on the head! :D

that would just go to show that the skins suck :wacko:

New England's playing 2 of the best secondaries and overall Ds in the league the next couple of weeks. So, we'll get to see just how good they are. Then they'll play Baltimore and Pittsburgh back to back a little later in the season. No matter how weak their schedule has been to this point, winning by a margin of about 23 a game, they'll be able to prove to even the harshest of critics that, "yes", that really are that good. But this team is undefeated and winning by more than 3 TDs/game. What do people expect?

The Defense gives up a whopping 179 yards and 3 scores on the GROUND...one will have to wonder how the Pats D will respond to a Smash Mouth attack that will control the clock and keep their Offensive opportunities limited.

well done! :D

Keg, it doesn't matter who they've played. They've essentially destroyed everyone to this point. To say they are over rated is simply untrue, unless you want to rank them 2nd and build your argument around the Colts being the best team. I would listen to that argument.

Who have the skins played, Romo will average at least 280/3 in 2 games vs Washington.

My opinion is NE is this good. But their offensive numbers are a bit skewed, as any other coatch than belicheat would not try and run up the score, so they should probably be averaging around a TD less per game, in any under circumstance with the same talent.

I think Indy is going to be a bigger test than Dallas, and its based on matchups. Dallas biggest weakness was the Pats greatest strength. Dallas was without its starting Cb and its other starting CB was less than 100%, not a likely combo to stop an offense like NE. Indy has solid corner play, even if they are inexperienced, and they keep everything in front of them, so I doubt you see the heaves down the field to Moss work. On top of that Indy has a solid pass rush, and on the turf in Indy, Freeney and Mathis will rock Brady more than he has been rocked yet. And to top it off, Indy has a balanced offense. They can run it down your throat, or burn your corners. Its pick yoru poison with them. NE hasnt proved they can run the ball with much success with maroney and he is likely the back playing next week. Should be a great game. But how ironic would it be if Indy beat NE by 2 TDs. Would people be saying Indy is the best team ever, like they are with NE now. Same arguement was made before SC played Texas for the NC. But I didnt hear anyone after that game, say well if texas is undefeated and just beat the so called best ever, that they now the best ever.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan