[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USF - young, undisciplined and poorly coached

BS Miscreant

Well apparently that's not all I wanted to say.

Have you ever seen a bigger friggin collapse?

6-0 then...

last three games...

25 penalties for 216 yds, 11 turnovers, 2 kicks blocked, 6 succesful trick plays against...

and they lose those games by a grand total of 12 points.

And I didn't even break it down into INTs thrown into the endzone (or redzone) or missed FGs.

From what I understand, they've gone the same route as Louisville in terms of building their program. That is, take anyone regardless of any baggage or academic issues. I'm not implying that other major programs are stocked with a bunch of MENSAs, but if they're part of the State College or U of State programs, they do have basic standards. These types of schools don't, so many non-qualifiers end up there.

So, should we be surprised to see that both these teams have crazy firepower but somehow lack the discipline or smarts to put it all together week in and week out?

It's possible they're simply not as good as you thought

If by that you mean simply restating what I already said in the sub-title of this post then sure, they're not very good but that misses the point entirely. The most dissapointing thing about their current slide is that people such as yourself, who may not have even seen them play an entire game, let alone all of them are right now and for the last couple of weeks saying "See I told you they were over-rated", making the assumption that they somehow beat both Auburn and WVU with smoke and mirrors or some such nonsense. I know the game, played it and coached it for years, and with the exception of the opening game of the season I've seen every snap they've played this season and the vast majority of the last 11 years. They are an extremely talented, athletic, physical team who have failed for the last 3 weeks to take care of the ball and play smart football. They need to get older and wiser and they need a new offensive coordinator.

Bottom line, with the exception of being outcoached in the second half of the Rutgers game, I have watched them outplay three inferior football teams yet still lose.

From what I understand, they've gone the same route as Louisville in terms of building their program. That is, take anyone regardless of any baggage or academic issues. I'm not implying that other major programs are stocked with a bunch of MENSAs, but if they're part of the State College or U of State programs, they do have basic standards. These types of schools don't, so many non-qualifiers end up there.

USF is a state school.

So, should we be surprised to see that both these teams have crazy firepower but somehow lack the discipline or smarts to put it all together week in and week out?

Just because some jacknard of a high-profile coach suggests something doesn't mean you should believe it.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess Stella got her groove back. Well, not completely. Granted Syracuse and Louisville are not exactly juggernauts but 1,000+ yds and 96 pts in the last two games, in spite of 27 penalties for 240 yds :D , makes a fan feel a little better. I still believe the title of this thread but man are these guys talented.

With a little love from the voters could end the season back in the top 25. First time ever. Go Bulls!