[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.Jackson inactive, Holcomb starting

Grits and Shins

lIT'S OFFICIAL: JACKSON INACTIVE; HOLCOMB STARTING

| Posted Sunday October 28, 2007 @ 07:55 PT

According to reports out of Minnesota this morning, the Vikings have confirmed Kelly Holcomb will start against the Eagles today.

Tarvaris Jackson, bothered by a fractured finger on his right hand, is listed as the team's third -- or emergency -- quarterback.

Also. ... As noted in a previous update, Adrian Peterson has officially taken over for Chester Taylor as Minnesota's starting tailback. Taylor (groin) is active and is healthy enough to handle his usual workload if needed.

Inactives of (minor) interest: TE Garrett Mills and WR Aundrae Allison.

...for everyone who was agonizing over the decision on whether or not to start Jackson this week.

Actually ... some might be desperately seeking a WR and the insertion of Holcomb as the starter makes the MIN WRs a bit more attractive than if Jackson was starting. And certainly Holcomb is a better start than Jackson ... I actually acquired Holcomb in one of my leagues this week :D

...for everyone who was agonizing over the decision on whether or not to start Jackson this week.

i was agonizing over Vinny vs Holcomb

... I actually acquired Holcomb in one of my leagues this week :D

I lost Garrad to cover Hasslebecks bye so I got Holcomb and Vinny

This is the first 64 team league I have heard of.

See my above comments :D

Anyone wanting to know part of the reason the Vikes are a bad team need look no further than what just happened. In what can only be a severe mental lapse, AD fields the opening kickoff at the 1 and steps out of bounds. Then, after checking the replay, Childress challenges the play. Unfreakingbelievable!!! :D