[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 Recruiting

theeohiostate

Thought I'd pass along a link from my home away from home forum.

http://www.mililanibuckeye.net/recruits-2008-sql.php

The star ratings are based off of Scout.

The Bucks have verbals from (3) 5-star OL so far , Beanie may have his shot at a Heisman his junior or senior year, with this talent pool committing.

Terrelle Pryor , the nations #1 prospect seems to have narrowed his choices to OSU or Penn St. . Our big win last night hopefully has swayed him to come to Columbus, he'll make an official visit this week during the Wisconsin game.

6'6" 220 4.40 , this QB is Vince Young-like

The Bucks have verbals from (3) 5-star OL so far , Beanie may have his shot at a Heisman his junior or senior year, with this talent pool committing.

Terrelle Pryor , the nations #1 prospect seems to have narrowed his choices to OSU or Penn St. . Our big win last night hopefully has swayed him to come to Columbus, he'll make an official visit this week during the Wisconsin game.

My question is...where does OSU get the money to pay these recruits more than the other schools! :D

meh, recruiting ratings and 'stars' are, to be kind, an inexact sceince. I don't even know which geeks come up with these ratings.

This is from another site.

Looking back on past recruiting classes, I noted that the lowest rated players in the class of 2005 were:

1) Anderson Russell

2) Donald Washington

3) Austin Spitler

4) Brian Robiskie

5) Malcolm Jenkins

6) James Laurinaitis

Laurinaitis was a “solid three-star” and the rest were either “low three-star” guys or “mid-two star” types. Uh, folks, we are talking about six future NFL players, one of whom has already been voted the best defensive player in the nation (as a sophomore) and all of whom were starting by their second year (other than Spitler, who is behind that aforementioned best player in the nation).

Once again, the focus should be the stars on the field and not some ivory tower rating service…

Terrelle Pryor's two final schools are OSU and West Virginia, not PSU.

Fla is still in the mix and PSU has the home field advantage, but Joe Pa's age has to be a issue for recruits.

OSU's "08" commits are better than we have had in a long time on paper, that is without Pryor.

I would be shocked if he ended up in Morgantown. I see their coaching moving on soon.

Edited by sacosud