[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Class vs. Classless

Cowboyz1

I have no problem playing until the end of the game but let me break it down for you simply. A classy good or great team when up some ridiculous amount of points to nothing, nods to the other coach (figuratively speaking) pulls his starters and plays his 2nd teamers and the opposing coach does the same, both acknowledging to each other that this game is over and let’s get out of this one with our starters healthy. New England just doesn't think like that.

No Quarter, No Mercy…..Fine we are going play Brady and everyone else until we break every record we can and at your expense.

That is were it gets interesting. There are 8 games left in the season and every team now knows that you’re going to get embarrassed if you don't have the talent to keep up. New England has just invited every cheap shot and late hit for the rest of the season.

When Gibbs runs off the field on you, you know you did wrong. Gibbs is a Classy guy and that sent a message to all the rest of the teams left to play the Pats.(Conflicting info here, but I believe it is correct as I watched Belichick look for Gibbs and did not find him)

It's one thing to be great and know it but there is a fine line of respect and resentment. Beat a team into the ground fine, but offer them Quarter at some point, because if you don't that's flat out disrespectful and there is always a point in a game like that it could have been offered. Gibbs knew that and that's why he walked off.

They may just have taken the whistle out of the game for the rest of their season and some pissed off 300 pounder may just not care about being fined or suspended just to please the rest of the league and plant Brady on his head, just to send a "returned to sender message" that the Pats just sent out the last two weeks!

This is a dangerous league to be embarrassing teams and coaches without Quarter!

Mark it down, the season just got a whole lot tougher for the Patriots players and they had better play past the whistle from here on out.............

Edited by Cowboyz1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem playing until the end of the game but let me break it down for you simply. A classy good or great team when up some ridiculous amount of points to nothing, nods to the other coach (figuratively speaking) pulls his starters and plays his 2nd teamers and the opposing coach does the same, both acknowledging to each other that this game is over and let’s get out of this one with our starters healthy. New England just doesn't think like that.

No Quarter, No Mercy…..Fine we are going play Brady and everyone else until we break every record we can and at your expense.

That is were it gets interesting. There are 8 games left in the season and every team now knows that you’re going to get embarrassed if you don't have the talent to keep up. New England has just invited every cheap shot and late hit for the rest of the season.

When Gibbs runs off the field on you, you know you did wrong. Gibbs is a Classy guy and that sent a message to all the rest of the teams left to play the Pats.

It's one thing to be great and know it but there is a fine line of respect and resentment. Beat a team into the ground fine, but offer them Quarter at some point, because if you don't that's flat out disrespectful and there is always a point in a game like that it could have been offered. Gibbs knew that and that's why he walked off.

They may just have taken the whistle out of the game for the rest of their season and some pissed off 300 pounder may just not care about being fined or suspended just to please the rest of the league and plant Brady on his head, just to send a "returned to sender message" that the Pats just sent out the last two weeks!

This is a dangerous league to be embarrassing teams and coaches without Quarter!

Mark it down, the season just got a whole lot tougher for the Patriots players and they had better play past the whistle from here on out.............

Good point. And I might add that no one is asking the Pats to stop playing. When games get out of hand like this all you will see is a running game to run out the clock, not passing on 4th-2 while up by 6 TD's. That is damn disrespectful and the Pats deserve every cheap shot they get.

When Gibbs runs off the field on you, you know you did wrong. Gibbs is a Classy guy and that sent a message to all the rest of the teams left to play the Pats.

Gibbs didn't walk off my friend. They just showed the handshake on NFL network highlights. Nice try though...

Gibbs didn't walk off my friend. They just showed the handshake on NFL network highlights. Nice try though...

I saw that, too. But it doesn't make the gist of the original post any less true.

I stand corrected. Maybe I watched the wrong taking heads........My bad......

Edited by Cowboyz1

Why even play the games..??...Let's just crown their a**es and save the embarassment of players, coaches and fans...

Teams play their 2nd teamers all the time when games get out of hand, if for nothing else, experience. Basically you allow your team and the other team to get starters off the field and fight another day. When you don't allow that to happen for other teams and force them to keep playing thier tired, and embarrased starters you move into dangerous territory that's all.

It's the same as leaving a veteran pitcher in the game after giving up say 5 straight hits, two homers and a grand slam. You know he has nothing left, or he is just not on that day, so why keep him out there, just to embarrass him and kill his stat line. Respect the guy and pull him off the mound.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Classes: yes IMHO. However in the Pros it is ones teams job to score and the other teams job to stop them. If you cannot tough sh!t. I do not like it either and do feel that they should not be throwing when they are up 42-7 but this is the pros (it may bite them in the rear if they continue this). Quit crying and stop someone. If you know they will pass either blitz, pass cover or make a play. Either way the Pats are 8-0 and right now no one can stop them.

Edited by BigTen

These are pro players with great talent on both sides of the ball. The Pats let up a bit last week against the Dolphins and quickly let 21 points on the board. They learned their lesson and didn't take their foot off the pedal. It also lends itself to an air of invincibility to the other teams.

Weird! Just now, 9:55 PM eastern, Rich Eisen et al on NFL Network spent a few minutes talking about Gibbs walking off without shaking hands.

So which is it?

I just saw that too? I think I am right and Gibbs did in fact snub the prick...........

When Gibbs runs off the field on you, you know you did wrong. Gibbs is a Classy guy and that sent a message to all the rest of the teams left to play the Pats. (Bad Info Here, I saw it on the highlights he did shake, the early highlights pointed out he didn't)

Agree 100%.

Wasn't Brady off the field for the last 9+ minutes of the game? :D

Its one thing to win a game but when you are up 52 to 0 with under 4 minutes left and the losing team scores 1 TD you don't get a pissy look on your face and then start throwing the ball again.

I've said it in the last two games but it is official, they are running up the score to embarrass other teams. I guess Belicheat still has sand in his meat hole from being busted publicly.

This team is completely classless in my eyes.

These are pro players with great talent on both sides of the ball. The Pats let up a bit last week against the Dolphins and quickly let 21 points on the board. They learned their lesson and didn't take their foot off the pedal. It also lends itself to an air of invincibility to the other teams.

Invincibility is an illusion

Think about it, any one player of the remaining 8 teams that play the Pats can pull a Rodney Harrison on Brady's knee, out of spite instead of classlessness. They had better think about that when their throwing on 4th and 2 up 40 some odd points..........

Those are men on the field, not boys or girls.

If you're going to get bent out of shape because you watched some guys get their asses kicked, maybe you should switch to golf. Lots of gentlemen in that game.

This team is completely classless in my eyes.

I have no issues with teams playing till the last whistle, but give me a break already. New England has simply tried to embarass it's opponents and that is directly related to Billick.

If this prick keeps Brady in a game too long, when they're up 30+ points again and he sustains an injury, I'd just love to see how the Patriot faithful feel about this disgusting show of sportsmanship.

NOT A SINGLE OTHER COACH IN THE LEAGUE WOULD HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SCORE UP 52 POINTS................PERIOD

Teams play their 2nd teamers all the time when games get out of hand, if for nothing else, experience.

They had better think about that when their throwing on 4th and 2 up 40 some odd points..........

So are the 2nd teamers supposed to get game experience or not? Cassel was the one who completed that pass.

Edited by bushwacked

Teams play their 2nd teamers all the time when games get out of hand, if for nothing else, experience. Basically you allow your team and the other team to get starters off the field and fight another day. When you don't allow that to happen for other teams and force them to keep playing thier tired, and embarrased starters you move into dangerous territory that's all.

It's the same as leaving a veteran pitcher in the game after giving up say 5 straight hits, two homers and a grand slam. You know he has nothing left, or he is just not on that day, so why keep him out there, just to embarrass him and kill his stat line. Respect the guy and pull him off the mound.

So who should put their second teamers out their first? The team winning or the team losing? :D

yeah, they should have stopped scoring when it was 17-0...it was inevitable they were going to win the game. instead, they went and actually played hard for 60 minutes, and got their pretty blue and white uniforms all dirty, and they needed to take showers to get the mud out of their hair.

Didn't the Patriot starters realize they could have watched the game from the locker room while enjoying some nice hot cocoa?