[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Verbal TD

neilfish2

If your league uses Def. players, and you get points for sacks, Tackles, Fumble, INT, ETC....plus if they recover and return an INT/Fumble for TD.

Now if you have Verbal as a Def. player in your line-up, and he scores an offensive TD. Do you award him points for the TD?

I don't think it should be allowed, because he is not listed in your line-up as a WR. The web site that we run our league on does not award him the points, but the comish can go in and add. Our league rules do not cover Def. player scoring on offense...

Just want to know what do other leauges do in this situation...

Edited by neilfish2

so you count non-verbal TDs? What if he had just gestured for him to score a TD?

glad I'm not in your wierd league.

"I'm sorry sir, we'll need this touchdown in writing."

I am in an IDP league and any touchdowns scored by a defensive player counts as 6 points just as if he is an offensive player. Vrabel scored a total of 29 points in my league today because not only did he have a TD but he also had 3 sacks and 11 tackles, which is an insane number of points for a defensive player. Needless to say the owner of Vrabel is kicking ass in his matchup right now. I'm glad I wasn't playing against him today :D

Edited by efranklin

I am in an IDP league and any touchdowns scored by a defensive player counts as 6 points just as if he is an offensive player. Vrabel scored a total of 29 points in my league today because not only did he have a TD but he also had 3 sacks and 11 tackles, which is an insane number of points for a defensive player. Needless to say the owner of Vrabel is kicking ass in his matchup right now. I'm glad I wasn't playing against him today :D

So, does your league give the QB a point for making a tackle after a turnover?

So, does your league give the QB a point for making a tackle after a turnover?

Another question, in our league we take away 1 point for an INT, Fumble.....

If this is rule in your league, say your QB throws the INT, then makes the Tackle....it a wash...doesnt make sense....

I don't think it should be allowed, because he is not listed in your line-up as a WR. The web site that we run our league on does not award him the points, but the comish can go in and add. Our league rules do not cover Def. player scoring on offense...

What do you do if a RB lines up as a WR and catches a TD, the same way Vrabel (a DE) lined-up up as a WR?

If you award the RB 6 points for the TD catch, you should award the DE 6-points for TD catch.

Another question, in our league we take away 1 point for an INT, Fumble.....

If this is rule in your league, say your QB throws the INT, then makes the Tackle....it a wash...doesnt make sense....

Well the point system is a little different in my league. You lose 3 points for every INT and a fumble so if the QB throws an INT then makes the tackle he will just be down -2 rather than -3.

There was a play last year where a defensive player intercepted the ball, fumbled it while returning it, then tackled the guy who recovered his fumble. The net of the play: 1 point for the defender (+2 -2 +1).

It's not unusual for players to get multiple scoring opportunities on the same play.

Wow I just checked the box score and noticed that Vrabel also forced 3 fumbles. That is 9 more points that will be added to his score in my league, giving him 38 total points for the day. That is an absolutely insane number of points for a a defensive player in an IDP league. It would have been nice to have him on my team today.

Believe it or not, the TD was not against me....

My apologies. Normally when someone is complaining about a rule that comes into play once in a blue moon, it's because it directly affects them.

Still, I think that if you use IDPs and an IDP guy is standing in the end zone on any play from scrimmage, the td should count. As said above, not counting it would be like ignoring rushing tds from QBs/WRs or a td pass from a RB.