[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Henry/Young

nhoops

Since I didn't see any posts on the 1st 2 pages about this I'd thought I'd get a fresh one going.

Anybody (homer or not) with any insight as to who will start and get a majority of the snaps in Denver tonight?

Lets's keep this active for tonight.

Thanks!!

Word out of DEN, including on the Broncos' flagship radio station, is very cryptic. Shanahan, as usual, is playing his cards very close to the vest when a RB injury comes up. The nearest I can figure is that Bailey is expected to play at CB and the decision on Henry will literally come at gametime.

If I had to guess, I'd suppose that Henry will start (since he probably only has a game or two left before his suspension) and will split time with Young, with playing time being determined by how well Henry deals with the pain on the field.

+1

+2

We have James Jones slated to go in WCOFF -- we've already won our game but always need more points...oops, will we be accused of "running up the score" and "disrespecting our opponent" if we don't "take a knee"? :D -- but would maybe stick Young in there over Jones (vs. tough Broncs secondary) if Henry is definitely out.

Edited by msaint

Word out of DEN, including on the Broncos' flagship radio station, is very cryptic. Shanahan, as usual, is playing his cards very close to the vest when a RB injury comes up. The nearest I can figure is that Bailey is expected to play at CB and the decision on Henry will literally come at gametime.

If I had to guess, I'd suppose that Henry will start (since he probably only has a game or two left before his suspension) and will split time with Young, with playing time being determined by how well Henry deals with the pain on the field.

Not what I want to hear. I am down 2 points with both Denver RBs on my roster. The kicker is that I have a dreaded meeting tonight and will not have computer access after 6:45 pm eastern. I hope things become clear before then!!! Who do you think the safer bet will be?

Thanks,

:D This is what I was thinking and afraid of. It shouldn't affect my game, but every point counts as right now there is a log jam for the final 2 playoff spots. Right now I'm going with Young because some pnts are better than none......but I am watching this closely.

Edited by nhoops

Not what I want to hear. I am down 2 points with both Denver RBs on my roster. The kicker is that I have a dreaded meeting tonight and will not have computer access after 6:45 pm eastern. I hope things become clear before then!!! Who do you think the safer bet will be?

With Henry's health in doubt & Young healthy, if you're looking for advice, I'd propose that you play Young. You know he'll play, and it shouldn't take much for him to get you the 2 pts you need - even if Henry were 100%. You sure don't want to start Henry and then find out after the meeting that he was inactive because of the injury & Shanahan playing the hidden injury game.

With Henry's health in doubt & Young healthy, if you're looking for advice, I'd propose that you play Young. You know he'll play, and it shouldn't take much for him to get you the 2 pts you need - even if Henry were 100%. You sure don't want to start Henry and then find out after the meeting that he was inactive because of the injury & Shanahan playing the hidden injury game.

Thanks for the insight, BB. That was my thought on Young, also. If Henry does start, I would think it's likely that Young sees time to spell Henry.

IIRC, from the Henry suspension posts a few weeks back that if Henry is lost for the season due to injury the Broncos won't be able to recoop any money even if Henry is suspended. Also, a portion of his contract becomes guaranteed or something.

Seems to me Shanahan is playing a bit of Russian roulette with continuing to play Henry despite injury.

IIRC, from the Henry suspension posts a few weeks back that if Henry is lost for the season due to injury the Broncos won't be able to recoop any money even if Henry is suspended. Also, a portion of his contract becomes guaranteed or something.

Seems to me Shanahan is playing a bit of Russian roulette with continuing to play Henry despite injury.

Shanahan has deluded himself into thinking that this is yet another of his high quality playoff bound teams. So he wants to get all the mileage out of Henry that he can before he has to use Young to carry him to the SB with a 70-3 win at NE in late January.

In this case go with the healthly back in Young.I mean we are only talking 2 points here.There is no way Henry is the only option tonight.

Shanahan has deluded himself into thinking that this is yet another of his high quality playoff bound teams. So he wants to get all the mileage out of Henry that he can before he has to use Young to carry him to the SB with a 70-3 win at NE in late January.

ah crap, here i come in here to make fun of this post and I can't even do it, its just stupid for me to do so even if it was hanging curve ball waiting to be hit 500 feet, my Chiefs have no room to talk so I better just shut my cake hole.

:D

no-brainer, play young....he'll probably get you 2 points even if henry starts.

To digress slightly (but only slightly, as someone already mentioned James Jones above) - if and when James Jones is in the game, does he typically line up in the slot with Driver and Jennings at split end and flanker? Or do they shuffle them around, anyone know?

I have Jones going tonight as a last minute replacement when I found out Harrison wasn't going (thank you Huddle), and I'm curious to know if he's likely to be lined up against Bailey or Bly tonight, or if he gets whoever plays nickel for the Bronocs.

To digress slightly (but only slightly, as someone already mentioned James Jones above) - if and when James Jones is in the game, does he typically line up in the slot with Driver and Jennings at split end and flanker? Or do they shuffle them around, anyone know?

I have Jones going tonight as a last minute replacement when I found out Harrison wasn't going (thank you Huddle), and I'm curious to know if he's likely to be lined up against Bailey or Bly tonight, or if he gets whoever plays nickel for the Bronocs.

Ummm...I'd say that this is more than a slight digression...more like a complete thread make-over...

+2

We have James Jones slated to go in WCOFF -- we've already won our game but always need more points...oops, will we be accused of "running up the score" and "disrespecting our opponent" if we don't "take a knee"? :D -- but would maybe stick Young in there over Jones (vs. tough Broncs secondary) if Henry is definitely out.

Sure if you're up 520-10. :D

(Per Rotoworld) ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports Travis Henry is expected to play Monday night against the Packers, and that the running back is several weeks away from hearing about a potential one-year suspension.

Impact: Paolantonio says the NFL will likely take four more weeks before deciding whether to suspend Henry. For tonight, the inactives will be posted about an hour prior to game time. Henry is taking a painkilling injection to play and may struggle to finish, but we'd use him over Selvin Young if he starts DeShawn Wynn is the best fantasy play in the game based on matchups and health.