[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Welker is a stud

WaterMan

Once again, we're talking fantasy football right? I can't argue that Moss and Welker are equal talents, that'd be obsurd. But you keep bluring the lines between fantasy value and real world value....big difference. When you say "what happens when he goes against an elite corner? Oh that's right, he probably won't" you only reinforce what i'm saying. Due to his situation, Welker is a STUD. He doesn't have to go against the top corner, and that's to his advantage.

" Where was Welker's stud production last year?" answer= somewhere above Moss'.

Stud: 11'432 yards, 111 TD's: Averages: 78.8 YPG, .76 TD's/game

Not stud: 1645 yards, 6 TD's: Averages: 30.46 YPG, .11 TD's/game

Even YTD, Moss has 200 more yards and twice as many TD's. He's not even a fantasy stud this year.

Are you saying Welker is as much of a fantasy stud as Moss? That'd be quite a reach, no?

Right, and this is exactly my point. There aren't mulitple levels of "Stud". A stud is a player of surpassing talent who could have a huge day any given Sunday, and will get you at least something every week. Steve Smith is a stud, he gets it done no matter what--week after week, month after month, year after year he puts up good points, even when his team is in a tailspin. Last year there were plenty of false-prophet "studs" like Marques Colston and Mike Furrey . . . when the Pats fall back to merely "excellent" levels of production, Wes Welker will be lucky to be a top 20 WR ever again.

Peace

policy

Due to his situation, Welker is a STUD. He doesn't have to go against the top corner, and that's to his advantage.

. . . and this is my point. Welker is NOT a stud. He is a decent player that is taking advantage of an amazing, possibly once-in-a-lifetime situation. If Tom Brady gets hit by a bus tomorrow, Randy Moss still puts up decent points. The same can't be said for Welker. Period, end of report, game over.

The last time I let myself get drawn into educating people on this topic, the title of the thread was "Lamar Smith is a STUD". :D

There is no difference between a real-world stud and a fantasy stud. A player who is currently having career year is not a stud. For example, there were many teams last year who won championships at least partly because of MJD's surprisingly excellent performances; yet even in fantasy terms he was not always the best RB on his own TEAM in a given week. That isn't a stud, that's a good player having a big year out of nowhere. Many of the owners who turned around and (retardedly) drafted him in the first round this year, today bemoan their unfortunate luck. Well guess what? When you use the Stud RB theory, you need to get actual studs. Welker is not a stud any way you slice it, and this will be painfully obvious next year when fools draft him to be their weak #1/strong #2 and he's completely mediocre.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

Welker has the heart of Cherbet and the speed and talent he never had...

he's dangerous. I am sorry we traded him.

Moss is clearly better - but there is no doubt that Welker is the 2nd best on the team.

Put Welkers heart into Moss though and we'd really see people crying about scores.

The real question is: Did you know this back in August and draft accordingly, or are you telling us this now with all the indisputable evidence on your side? :D

i can honestly say i picked him back in August.

after watching him cut up the Patriot D with Miami, i knew he'd be a 'stud' for the Patriots....

especially with Brown hobbling around....knew he'd fit right in.

:D

the people griping about welker being a stud are those who dont have him on their roster....i do...and each week them stats say studly...ill compromise and call him a "System's Stud" just like system qb...hahhah riding wesley to a championship.

Same here.

"I hate the Pats, but I really hate the fact that I didn't draft Welker."

Right, and this is exactly my point. There aren't mulitple levels of "Stud". A stud is a player of surpassing talent who could have a huge day any given Sunday, and will get you at least something every week. Steve Smith is a stud, he gets it done no matter what--week after week, month after month, year after year he puts up good points, even when his team is in a tailspin. Last year there were plenty of false-prophet "studs" like Marques Colston and Mike Furrey . . . when the Pats fall back to merely "excellent" levels of production, Wes Welker will be lucky to be a top 20 WR ever again.

Peace

policy

great timing using the Steve Smith anology. He really got it done this past weekend.

the people griping about welker being a stud are those who dont have him on their roster....i do...and each week them stats say studly...ill compromise and call him a "System's Stud" just like system qb...hahhah riding wesley to a championship.

then why was no one calling Welker a stud after five weeks into the season?

...and remember, once Watson gets back that's just one more guy Brady has to throw to.

Watson was looking pretty "studly" after five weeks himself.

then why was no one calling Welker a stud after five weeks into the season?

...and remember, once Watson gets back that's just one more guy Brady has to throw to.

Watson was looking pretty "studly" after five weeks himself.

Once Watson gets back that's one less defensive guy to cover Welker.

Seriously considering offering CJ for Welker, straight up.....

yeah, CJ is the marquee name.......trash talker, etc......but hasnt found endzone since week 2...LONG drought...dont see it ending anytime soon, with HOUSH getting all of the tds.......If our league was PPC and more yardage-heavy, wouldnt do it...

but need a guy to get in the endzone....CJ isnt.....

LOL, well, it's still fantasy football. People thought LT2 was a bust after week 2 last season. :D

Peace

policy

"Steve Smith is a stud, he gets it done no matter what--week after week, month after month"

Smith managed less than 30 yards in 3 of the 7 games he's played this year.