[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vince Vaughn

irish

You gotta love Vaughn pimping the NFL Network while being interviewed and then Tirico say your supposed to plug us (ESPN) not them. :D

You gotta love Vaughn pimping the NFL Network while being interviewed and then Tirico say your supposed to plug us (ESPN) not them. :D

That was good stuff. By the way, why does MNF find it necessary to bring people in like Vince Vaughn or Deanna Favre for interviews? They pretty much stop calling the game to help these people plug their books or movies. Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I don't remember this being commonplace with MNF in years past. Maybe a little last year?

Well, Deanna Favre at least has some tangential connection to the game.

Vince Vaughn is one funny mofo, but has no business in the booth. I think they're trying to create the old "MNF as event" vibe but that died with Cosell. Just broadcast the damn game.

If I am not mistaken, the people they have in the booth each week have something going either on ABC or Disney. With ESPN being part of the company/family, I think they just see it as a chance to give part of the org a free plug. Deanna Favre was something different, but as Chavez said, at least she has a connection to the game not to mention a worthy cause.

I do long for the days when a guy could just watch the game and not have to listen to some gimmicky dimwits thrown into the booth in a pathetic attempt to draw new fans to the broadcasts. What I wish the networks would realize is the true fans need no gimmicks. We watch because we love the game and fruit loops like Kornheiser only serve to annoy and detract from our enjoyment. :D

Edited by Delicious_bass

You'll have to get an entire new crew in order to do that.

Tirico and Jaws are first rate. Kornheiser is there for comedy relief, but he also does a decent job of getting Jaws to "dumb down" some of his analysis, or further explain stuff for the less-knowledgeable fan.

I have no problem with the crew.

Tirico and Jaws are first rate. Kornheiser is there for comedy relief, but he also does a decent job of getting Jaws to "dumb down" some of his analysis, or further explain stuff for the less-knowledgeable fan.

I have no problem with the crew.

I like Jaws as well, and Tirico doesnt bother me. Kornheiser tries too hard, IMO, and detracts from the game. I will take this crew over the previous crew, however, any day of the week. Theisman and MacGuire really made it tough to enjoy the games IMO.

I thought it was funny that Jaws almost looked like he was slightly annoyed while the Vaughn interview was going on. It sort of reminded me of a typical scenario where husband is watching the game, while wife just won't stop talking and trying to distract him. Jaws gave a couple of looks at the other three like "Shut up already" and then quickly focused back on the action. :D He's definitely all business, the opposite of Kornheiser, who does seem to try way too hard.

That was good stuff. By the way, why does MNF find it necessary to bring people in like Vince Vaughn or Deanna Favre for interviews? They pretty much stop calling the game to help these people plug their books or movies. Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I don't remember this being commonplace with MNF in years past. Maybe a little last year?

MNF used to always do this (remember John Lennon and Howard Cosell?) but have gotten away from it recently. It would be great if they people they interviewed actually brought some 1) football knowledge or 2) some big announcement that they broke on MNF first. Otherwise, it's just a distraction.

If I am not mistaken, the people they have in the booth each week have something going either on ABC or Disney. With ESPN being part of the company/family, I think they just see it as a chance to give part of the org a free plug. Deanna Favre was something different, but as Chavez said, at least she has a connection to the game not to mention a worthy cause.

I think you're right. I don't know what Disney's studio is that does their non-cartoon movies, but if I were a betting man, my guess is that you'd find that the actors we've seen are all releasing movies that Disney is behind. I'm all about cross-promotion, but it would be nice if the people they brought on added something to the game instead of moving the focus to something other than the football that we're all tuned in to see.

Liked the Vaughn comment about using Favre while playing Madden Football. Reminded me of the scene from Swingers where he is playing old school Sega Genesis and he makes Gretzky's head bleed. If you are under 32 yrs old...you may not know what I am talking about - but believe me - the scene is money and you don't even know it.

Edited by SpinalTapp

A little?! Have we already forgotten Christian Slater, Matthew McConaughey (or however the the wieght of my head prevents restful sleep you spell his name), and the parade of silly stars they had in the booth last season......?. :D

you must be new here.

we've been asking the same questions for...well...2 years.

Edited by LooGie

That was good stuff. By the way, why does MNF find it necessary to bring people in like Vince Vaughn or Deanna Favre for interviews?
You seriously don't know why?

It's because more and more people care less and less about football, ie as a sport - it's just another form of "entertainment." Who cares about the play? Let's highlight some TV/movie yahoos and jabber on endlessly about Owens or Vick or whoever the POS oftheday is. etc etc.

Liked the Vaughn comment about using Favre while playing Madden Football. Reminded me of the scene from Swingers where he is playing old school Sega Genesis and he makes Gretzky's head bleed. If you are under 32 yrs old...you may not know what I am talking about - but believe me - the scene is money and you don't even know it.

I am under 32 and know exactly what you're talking about...

GENIUS!

You seriously don't know why?

It's because more and more people care less and less about football, ie as a sport - it's just another form of "entertainment." Who cares about the play? Let's highlight some TV/movie yahoos and jabber on endlessly about Owens or Vick or whoever the POS oftheday is. etc etc.

nowadays they are more concerned with updating you on stats for fantasy...

who even watches the game anymore anyways? :D:D